Discussion Omnicient Reader's viewpoint is not enjoyable at all

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Daresan, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read the novel and read the manga, Maybe 80-100 chapters. It was worst experience i had in a while. The novel just doesn't make sense at all. The asspulls, The doormat mc who is horny for protagonist,The fucked up world building. Its like author is making some bs all the time to forcefully make a plot gel together. Power system is the worst i have ever seen in any novel, Even hot garbage cultivation novels do it much better. What the fuck did i just read?

I was Decieved by the ratings. Sorry just venting it out, Cause maybe my expectations were little high. Let me know why you love it, Maybe it was little too early to judge but i couldn't carry on, While disagreeing with every action mc takes, and the whole world does not flow together it looked too forced.

berdanka likes this.
  2. Tarawa

Tarawa [Clubs] [Zam!]

Reading List:
    Link
    There there.. Its the nature of novel here.. there is some that you like and some you didnt..

3. Ca5e

Ca5e Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get it either. all popular novels like shadow slave and orv are nothing more than trash to me.
    LoTM is the only popular novel i like. read infinite bloodcore btw, you won't be disappointed.

Daresan likes this.
  4. worrian

worrian Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what i dont get is ppl that recommend novels that has been dropped (MTL is just brain cancer waiting to happen).

5. Eueu

Eueu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It appeals to a certain demographic and not everyone will like it? On the other hand, everything about it is right up my alley so I can't relate to ur observations. I loved it bec I loved it.

6. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll just say this.

There are people out there who HATE Sword Art Online for most of your aforementioned points.

It's still one of the most popular novel and show out there.

ORV strength in particular is its capability to turn fanfic writers into... let's just put it simply... beasts. The mind is a powerful construct, and reading what people make out of it is something to behold. I'm not a ORV reader myself (just read a few chap) but I've seen their fan works out there. Just Google fanfic and fanart and you'll find plenty.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanficRecs/OmniscientReadersViewpoint

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
    nyako-chan and nicainde like this.
  7. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry @Daresan its a difference in tastes.

I read through the entire ORV novel and only gradually started hating it past halfway point (you can only stuff so many chapters of school essay vague repeating bullshit before I grow enraged at the extremely simple and easily explainable powers Constellations/Transcendents are revealed to have after all the hype is swept away).

Infinite Bloodcore bored me to quitting by chapter 60 where I thought myself patiennt enough to gice it a 100 at least.

In the end, we are all just sifting through what others think of as garbage seeking what we see as gold.

What did you like so far if you want some recs?

8. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    japan with the too much isekai, and korea with the too much zombie apocalypse...reading novels isn't fun anymore....

9. Tarawa

Tarawa [Clubs] [Zam!]

Reading List:
    Link
    i really like sword art online ( i was 15).. the only mistake they have is they didnt know how to stop... like only the first game is really good

10. miscellani

miscellani Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I heard, it had a great start, but the author tried to lure female readers by adding BL elements and ruined the whole plot.

11. s3nn_

s3nn_ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me personally, I don't like the author's writing and how they explain the concepts in the novel. Some part are unclear a lot of the time, I'm not sure if it was the translation or smthing or the fact that I was more use to Chinese novel writing :oops: I was kind of just piecing together tropes from another novel and other korean dungeon manwhas to understand what was going on. At the start it wasn't bad to read but later after I stopped reading for a long time and kept coming back I just kept jumbling up all the plot points
    ( mainly all the times kdj liked to throw his life away )
    and it was just a hassle to get back into :cautious:

But I think most of those issues are getting cleared up with the manhwa, other than that I wouldn't say it was terrible I think it was more about preference :giggle: I'm currently enjoying LotM very much though which on the other hand has a terrible manhua/manhwa adaption

12. bethatcat

bethatcat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are no BL elements someone lied to you.