LCD Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Jul 4, 2018.

1. A_Passing_Wanderer

A_Passing_Wanderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much every Korean name introduced so far will have to change somewhat to follow the Korean name romanisation rules, actually. But, as for the past chapters, I won't be redoing them unless I've been asked to.

2. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you give examples?

3. rainbowturtle

rainbowturtle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ^ This.
    I actually would change many of the names if I hadn't quit. I don't know if I was too tired or if the font of the CAT program I used was too small or something and it made me misread but it wasn't until I saw the hangul in huge font when making a glossary on word that I was like, 'Why did I romanize it like this?'
    Too bad Webnovels doesn't have a mass search and replace.

I don't know what A Passing Wanderer will change it to but an example for me would be: Lee Hyunsung I would now romanize as Lee Hyeonseong, Yoo Jonghyuk as Yoo Junghyeok/Yu Junghyeok etc. and there are many more I would make changes to.

4. Shino Miya

Shino Miya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it sounds better than expected :aww: i love it!:blobnosebleed:

5. A_Passing_Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, I didn't know you hung around these parts. :blobpopcorn:

6. T1stG

T1stG Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ohh a passing wanderer is the one taking over, i feel reassured now :D

7. Life_Stresses

Life_Stresses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lolz when the names change and new readers read. they'll wonder about the names the top comments mention :blobsweat_2: who is yoo jonghyuk the protagonist name is yoo junhyeok :blobrofl:

Lonelycity likes this.
  8. ladyartemis

ladyartemis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhm, so I just checked webnovel today and they have this feature called "privilege package" wherein a reader may opt to unlock advanced chapter for 400 or so spirit stones. Question is, will ORV be under this too?

Well. I din't know if I could afford it. Haha guess I'll just wait for the regular chapters in the future. Hehe

9. Life_Stresses

Reading List:
    Link
    An update but the name changes added word count which increased cost of SS. Please remove the hyphen from the names it considers the name as two words, I think :blobwoah::blobwoah::blobwoah: or its probably the added TLs

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  10. A_Passing_Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure about hyphenated words adding to the overall word count so I'll have to check that out, but the thing is, I've been using hyphenated naming for the last three years or so on all my projects, even well before I began TLing for Webnovel.

My bad, but.... I personally prefer doing it. I think it helps with someone unfamiliar with how to pronounce Korean names on where to take a pause. Also, using hyphen is recommended by the Korean government themselves, so..... :hmm:

11. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can get used to fable instead of story I guess.

Name changes are too much and can't tell who's who even if you leave a note. Before it was easier for a westerner to grasp names. It's completely alien now.

Saints don't match as well as constellations as throughout the story I felt they were more like stars looking from above and described as stars as well.

Transcendents to Transcenders is such a micro level change I don't even know what to say. More than one are like that, but whatever.

Don't know why, but when I think your trying to make [Text] like so they come out odd as <Text> sometimes.

12. A_Passing_Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, that is something that can't be changed, as the Korean words for 'story' and 'fable' are quite different. I don't know how Rainbow ended up using 'Story', but according to the raw source, it's Fable.

13. A_Passing_Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    I checked, and I can safely tell you all that the hyphenated words do not add to the overall word count in Webnovel's system.

Ch 363 being so SS heavy is prolly because of all the TL notes I had to leave behind.... :blobsweat:

14. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't part of translating a story making sure that the context is preserved over literal word choices? I'm assuming rainbow made the choice of using story since they thought fable makes no sense in the context of this novel.

15. A_Passing_Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree. I find that "Fable" suits the novel better. Especially when it's dealing with mythical characters such as Greek gods, Biblical angels and others of the similar ilk.

Ninja edit: Oh, and I almost forgot - there was a couple of times in the raw source where the author wrote lines such as "Fable's story", or something similar to that effect. Going with "Story" in that case wouldn't have worked so well.

16. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would agree if not for the fact that those characters appear to be real physical people, unless all those characters are people who just took on the names and the personas of those famous characters as a way to live, but that doesn't make too much sense either. Honestly this novel has done a poor job at world building since the novel world is not consistant. Historical people are here, but most of them died, but if they died how are they in this story at all?

17. Life_Stresses

Reading List:
    Link
    I read you were thinking of using Avatar instead of Incarnation(I think its this one) The word Avatar tho has been used to Han Seoyeon/Han Sooyoung(not sure if the romanizing is right) on her skill that doubles her.

18. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He mentioned that in the chapter today he kept it the same as before.

A_Passing_Wanderer likes this.
  19. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm whose his target?

20. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but they are crafting their own stories as well. Real stories. And not every story deals with angles and gods. It's actually the minority in this novel. You'll find more stories or fables in the novel born from their actions and achieving something then anything else.