One year ago today, the Mouse really killed the Fox and it was wrong to do so!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kadmos1, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One year ago today we learned of the announcement that Disney was removing "Fox" from the Fox companies they bought so as to avoid confusion with Fox News. Fox News is legally-owned by the Fox Corp which is not part of Disney. Same goes for Fox Network and a few other Fox channels. However, channels like FX are now Disney-owned.

The following link is are the final two paragraphs from a brief write-up of the history of Fox and was published on 1/22/2020. For context, the more familiar version of the classic live-action/animated silent about a dinosaur named Gertie was released by Box Office Attractions. Company founder William Fox would later change the company name to the Fox Film Corp: showbizexpress.com/goodbye-gertie-the-dinosaur.

Let this sink in for a moment: While "Gertie" was not the first animated character, she was the Trope Maker for animation as we know it. Without her, there would be Disney. To make it even further, since we might not have modern anime. I say this because early modern anime was heavily influenced by various Western animators, especially Disney.

Some additional info.: This link is an awesome write-up about Gertie and rightfully shames the Disney Empire for removing the Fox name: twitter.com/MurrellDan/status/1218274706907779072.

An awesome write-up about William Fox is here: twitter.com/jbenton/status/1218362632849317888.

TL;DR: One year ago today, the Mouse really killed the Fox and it was wrong to do so![/quote]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    imK and UnGrave like this.
  2. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Your dedication to your cause is admiral sir. I hold you in high regard for that.

3. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! Should time travel become a practical thing before I die, I would travel back so that the FNC was never formed. Also, 20CF bought Marvel and Lucasfilm each at least 15.5 years ago but the parent company of 20CF was at least $10-$15 bil. smaller than what it was 15.5 years ago.

UnGrave likes this.