LCD Only I Shall be Immortal

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by DeathStroke96, Dec 9, 2016.

1. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, i wanted to create this LCD of the novel being translated on Translation Nations as it is one of TJSS and since it will have 6 chapters per week released i think, that i should give it a try and read on daily basis. Also on another note the chapters from this novel and like many others from TJSS are split in 3 so technically, you will only be able to reach 2 chapters a week and 6 if you split them... so technically it may have 224 chapters but in reality it is 672-ish...
    link for NU; http://www.novelupdates.com/series/only-i-shall-be-immortal/
    link for TN: chapter 1.1 http://www.translationnations.com/2016/12/06/osi-only-i-shall-be-immortal-launches/

Description: In the Heavens or on Earth, only I shall be immortal! In the vast Divine Lands, at the western border, upon the recommendation of his best friend, he began walking on a path he had never thought possible. The Cloudlink Sect, as the ‘Final Path’ of the 7 main sects of the Divine Lands, on their sacred disciple acceptance ceremony that happens once every 5 years, took in a single 5th generation disciple who had a beggar-like bearing. With the gates of cultivation opened wide for him, will this bright and mischievous child be able to mature into a powerful Immortal that rules the world? Please find out in -Only I Shall Be Immortal

Discussion (may include spoilers of the 1st chapter - be warned);
    What did you guys think of the actual first chapter (what i mean is 1.1,1.2 and 1.3) for me 1.1 at the beginning was confusing, then moved to another scene which made me connect some dots but not many and i think that the younger and the older of the two are the two men from the beginning of the chapter however since it was only 1.1 it could change after all the story moves and the author makes changes...
    1.2 wow a time skip from the get go? although i am unsure which of the two came first, i will assume this came after SWYZ (i wanted to say that the author used the 72 demon gods as reference when he came up with 72 mountains but it is too far fetched and many authors also used it at least once). looks like the sects really has too few members apparently because of strict rules. Well we have been informed of some cultivation realms but it does not matter at the moment as we dont know if it high or low or anything at all atm.
    1.3 the two kids from the previous chapters seem like they have underestimated the level of the challenge.
    brotherhood speech, i bet that if only one was asked to become a disciple then the other would most likely betray him. Strange i still cant figure out who the MC is. and the description most likely lied as both of the boys are being taken in to the sect to do chores...

from this 1 whole chapter i can honestly say, that all we got is a random scene at the beginning, moved onto 2 kids talking about immortals (one being an orphan whereas the other just from a poor family), the sect only accepts every 5 years and there are only about 500 people from the 1st generation to the 4th and now these two kids have prospects to become 5th generation...

2. Hashimishi

Hashimishi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With the title only, it sound like some really selfish and immature guy decide he would be the only immortal and drag down everyone :/

Mufarasu likes this.
  3. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    probably, but since it is TJSS, i would like to know the mc's story, also it is so annoying that i couldnt figure out who the mc is but my guess is that it is the older one with the name H.Long 13 years old nickname little worm i dont expect it to be the younger zhou something but it would surprise me if it was him (im guessing it will involve revenge on the other as one of them betrayed the other for benefits)...

4. Hashimishi

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you'll learn about it with further translation :p
    As for me, I didn't start reading it because of the reason stated above x)

5. Hashimishi

Reading List:
    Link
    That and the description of the novel
    I've been wondering for a while now but is this an actual thing or just something the translator wrote to sell his translation project ? Because more than half the time most of these mention thing that aren't even close to the mc, like someone is trying to bullshit me to buy something .-.

6. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    up to you i guess, its just i find a lot of the time TJSS novels are the best to read as well as enjoy yourself whilst reading them, which is why i have decided to read and hope for the best. plus its just 672 chapters/3 =224 which should be completed in 3 years??
    during the first chapter (1.1.1.2 and 1.3) this is basically somewhat explained... i dont know about the rest, however since the description is apparently by Radiant from that CV they have done for TJSS on WW, then it should be correct?

7. chestnut

chestnut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    right now my soul have been healing by Eminem music, Bloody NOvels, i'll accept that again,

8. Hashimishi

Reading List:
    Link
    guess I'll wait at leadt 50 chapters before starting to read to see if it's good

9. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    i need a daily series thats not TMW or ISSTH...

Hashimishi likes this.
  10. Hashimishi

Reading List:
    Link
    World of cultivation ?

11. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    already on it... just forgot to add it as i have only recently read it, so it didnt really count as day to day kind of thing...

12. Hashimishi

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, find about 10 daily, then wait a bit for the buildup, you'll be able to read 10 chapter of each everyday then ?

13. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont have the time for too many series which is why at times, i would rather have just one for the morning like i used to have with ST last year whenever i woke i would either have a chapter of ST or 2 and before going to bed i would read something else...

14. Hashimishi

Reading List:
    Link
    issth is also close to daily, but reading xianxa to go sleep isn't helping to sleep x)

DeathStroke96 likes this.
  15. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    well when i say sleep its 1h before my usual bedtime as i need to burn of my stress...

16. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, so it looks like the older of the two kids is the MC, as the younger one didn't want to abandon his parents (rare thing in xianxia as most people are selfish) however they have promised to reunite once the parents are dead to walk together on the cultivation road...

17. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    2.2 loads of titles, 21 cultivation realms, and thats all we get...

18. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    2.3 - okay we see that there is a descent guy and a bit of humour, the mc has a lot of affection for his younger brother (friend), funny thing was that when he met his new master he didnt expect to see a slighly fat man so when he was kneeling and kowtowing he was cursing him inwardly and then was caught in the act. Also his daoist title is Tan Yu which means Daoist Spitoon or along the lines of that (according to Ken from TN).

19. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    3.1 nothing much happened in the chapter, but im getting a vibe of lucky encounter at the end of the chapter...

20. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    3.2 some monkey business (laterally no jokes) and then meeting some middle aged women with the looks of 18 year olds and then an exchange ending with the mc stealing the stuff his uncle master rejected as compensation with off with the chase after the mc to get the object he swiped back...