Discussion Open Relationship?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cutter Masterson, Sep 28, 2022.

?

Do Open Relationship Work?

1. Yes

2.1%
  2. No

43.8%
  3. It depends

54.2%
  1. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    An open relationship could probably work, no anger or fights is whole other discussion though. Life isnt like light novels or anime where mc just gets fought over and thats the only "problem" you have to think about how people really can't halve their time completely especially when you count in other factors like school, work, hanging out with friends or stuff that take time without the presence of these 'love interests'. Its hard enough to sacrifice time for one person, how much more multiple people who you assumedly "love equally". So yea they can work but it requires a thick face so you dont get ashamed by judgement and enough dedication to go through it, just like any relationship.

2. Deleted member 482013

Deleted member 482013 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Will, it works or not...
    Depends,
    If any of the parties will not fall deeply in love with each other.
    Mmmm,
    As for me, being in love will make me possessive...
    So, there might be a possibility that it will not work if I were to be on that situation and suddenly I fell to the guy...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2022
  3. joey183

joey183 The Mysterious Entity

Reading List:
    Link
    It can work if it's like a business sense of relationships with give and take. Basically, you can't be too possessive or obsessive with each other like yandere. The couple in it, need to be upfront about who they are dating with and make sure the ones they bring into the relationships are accepted by each other.

Lurking likes this.
  4. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends. IMO, it depends on what a "relationship" is to you. If it's only about people you spend time together, and you sleep with, then it can work. If it's about people that are part of your team, no matter what, then probably not. That's already difficult with one person, and every person you add to that equation makes it a lot less likely.

In the end, it depends on what you want from that relationship. If it's something that you can get out of an open relationship and your partner feels the same way, then it can work, but it's probably pretty difficult. And because most countries don't allow polygamy, there are fewer benefits (I know marriage is also bonkers, but at least if you are married and your partner dies, you get something. In an open relationship you probably would get a pat on your shoulder and a "Fuck out of here" from their family lol)

Lurking likes this.
  5. DojaDoge

DojaDoge Formerly known as Ms.EliteNEET

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it works for some people. I read the Ethical Slut, and it makes a lot of sense. But everyone has to be on board and it's really complicated.

I've heard this so many times. Dude wants open relationship, SO reluctantly agreed. He tries to shut it down once he realizes that SO is also having a good time. What he *really* meant was he wanted it to be open for him only.

Another good one: dude wants to be a cuckold. Loves the idea of sharing his wife. Wife reluctantly agrees. One day he realizes she's spending all her time with her boyfriend and not him. Can't stand to touch him. She wants a divorce. Waka Waka.
    :blobnosebleed:

Edit: :cool::whistle:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
    Cutter Masterson likes this.
  6. One Perfect Veteran

One Perfect Veteran [ICL] [Bureaucat] [Cereal Killer]

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is there a crazy emoji at the end...

7. DojaDoge

DojaDoge Formerly known as Ms.EliteNEET

Reading List:
    Link
    You have to communicate a lot. And think about the logistics.
    Let's just say it's only three people. Is it open for everyone? Is it closed? Sleeping arrangements? Separate rooms? Everybody in one bed?

What happens when there's intimacy? I read about a threesome. They scheduled date nights. That means odd man out had to stay out of the house.

What about chores? I asked my SO. It was a hard no, til I mentioned someone would help with the chores. He thought for like a second. Then he realized he would probably be stuck doing everything.

What about kids?

I just thought it looked funny. LoL

8. meafia

meafia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally don't agree with polygamy. I don't know about others but i would never wanna share my bf or husband with anyone. And i think most women are quite prone to jealousy... Specially when it comes to the person they love. Idk tbh i think monogamous relationships are the best imo.

Lurking likes this.
  9. Lovelybutter

Lovelybutter The loveliest butter

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes…I saw a video about an African guy that has three African wives…….

10. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    If both partners are aromantic and only looking for variety in the pleasures of the flesh, then it's possible. As long as one of them is not aromantic, feelings enter the game and complicates things.

11. Annie999

Annie999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it may work if the people you have a relationship with are already good and they like to share with each other... both need to be confident and not envious of each other...... if some brothers, sisters or best friends relationship are really gold... they might not want to separate and you can go and enjoy!!!
    And lots and lots of time... the pair with whom you are having a relationship with should need to spend time alone together too (not all sexual... shopping, traveling can also keep their bond strong..)... like there should not be any bad blood after entering a poly relationship...

I think that would be an unequal relationship... can't guarantee the happiness of all three wives.

So.. if you really want to make it work.. gotta work hard... :sushi_dead:

12. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The escalation was on point :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    yes~ albeit rare~
    as far as this cat know it tend to one side which mean either one man shared by plenty of women or one woman shared by plenty of men on sense the non hentai one~
    this cat never see it both side unless it about sex relationship such as the partner aware their other half sex with other be it for fun or work stuff~ or just like fiction the couple relationship just on business side so as long as they keep it together just regard it with one close eye~

how it workout? well it just work.... basically they agree to share~ sure bizarre idea to people who not encounter such thing~ people who hmmm against or cannot accept it tend to put explanation "hah but actually blablabla" to undermine it not work~ well this cat think human mind do work on wonder~

14. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    What what what ʕ⁠·⁠ᴥ⁠·⁠ʔ

15. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    Ive heard of about equal cases of it working out and not workkng out

it doesnt work out if one of the partners (A) is doing it since the other partner (B) wants it... then the partner A ends up resenting the whole thing and they just werent certain enough of what they wanted.

it works if everyone is on the same page and people know what they themselves want. if partner B is saying open relationship and actually means they just dont like partner A anymore and want to go play with C and D... that also doesnt work out.

If partner A and B are communicating poorly its going to get way worse for everyone entangled if they bring in a C or D or E
    I almost got entangled in that... phew nope.

And in a different one I almost was entangled in, we decided, I was like partner D potential, I decided that me and B actually dont communicate good enough and understandably enough for it to work and it was wonky so me and B are just friends even if shes really pretty.

I am of the stance that poly and mono are both good and generally have no preference, and thereby go with my partners preference.

One of my friends is currently married to a very single partner person, but if it was different we would probably all be in bed together.

so, if A and B are in a relationship and C wants to get in on it, then it wont work if either A or B dont like poly or are unsure/inadequate communication and C and A and B should just be friends.

And one of my friends got in a poly one, by which I mean her boy said such and such and convinced her... but she didnt like it and she was angry and left. At least she tried... but dont try relationships/kinks if you dont have any interest and especiqlly dont do poly if your current relationship is unstable.

16. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the response. It clears up some of my thoughts. I appreciate it

Lurking likes this.
  17. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    I am glad it was helpful. It sounds like you had some kind of encounter, but I also remember you were having some relationship toils. I hope your struggles bear fruit, there is value in any result as long as its not a result of uncertain dithering.

its always good to know what you like.

but the things you dont like arent always bad.

thats what confidence is for

Pained smile:

18. Resplendor

Resplendor High Lord of Souls

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not an open relationship. That's a guy with multiple wives. That's polygamy. The wives aren't allowed to have multiple sexual partners as well.

An "open relationship" means both sides of the relationship are open to have other sexual partners, but they remain emotionally devoted to each other.

19. vishk

vishk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Open relationships is something that has a negative connotation in my mind,
    Don't give me an open relationship, give me a closed one,
    thank you,
    thank you for plus one message