Resolved Organise novel translators by groups on the novel listing page by Group category

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Zalpha, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Zalpha

Zalpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Organize novel translators by groups on the novel listing page by Group category (also in the correct chapter sequence per translator group).

In case I didn’t explain it well enough in the title. On the novels page there is:

Latest Release

| Date | Group | Release |

I want to be able to organize by group listing of translators. The novel Zhanxian has 3 current translators of it and there are other novels on the site that have more than one translation group competing to translate the novel. I have no problem with this as it allows me to choose a poorly translated speedy option or a slower more accurate translation.

However the listing has become a mess in trying to find which chapter I want to read from which group. If the option to list by group is created, it must also then list them from A-Z chapters number sequence per group, if you know what I mean.

2. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    there is already an option tho, go to the novel page and press on the funnel box above the releases. Then select the groups you wanna display

AliceShiki, Nom de Plume and Blitz like this.
  3. Zalpha

Zalpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks although that is very obscure, I never took note of those icons until you point out that I could already filter using them.

Ddraig likes this.
  4. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad it was figured out. Some of these updates have been world changing

AliceShiki likes this.
  5. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    follow @NU Status Bot for the latest updates

AliceShiki likes this.
  6. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    ... I do

AliceShiki likes this.
  7. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Oops. I meant to quote @Zalpha

AliceShiki likes this.
  8. Zalpha

Zalpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suggest you make it that the group tag clickable and it just opens up the group filter (icon) that is already in place. I never took note of those small icons, it is my fault but they don't exactly jump out at you or are clearly identifiable at to their use/what they do from the icon alone. Anyway it should be no problem to add a click link function to the text Group tag to open up group filters. (Other similar link-able text tags could be add to the other texts as tag if applicable).