LCD Overgeared

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by hanglekuk, Oct 16, 2017.

1. dualstrike00

dualstrike00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Propel itself? We talking about magic here "hope and dream" is all we need. Just because Grid has pavranium doesn't mean everything he makes is going to have it in it. Having a cheaper means of moving an item still has its uses.

2. Valcryst

Valcryst 『Theorizing Panda』 ʕ-ᴥ – ʔ 『Ddraigslayer』 ︻デ═一

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude you missed my point...

1.Alarm was originally just a magic that makes sounds with a specified time delay like an alarm clock. Braham modified it so that the use of the time delay function can encompass other magics.(still makes sounds when delay ends)
    2.the Magic that alarm is used on has in itself a propellant force. What alarm does is stall it's "flight"
    3. Hence why i said about the propulsion requirement. Pavranium is the only non-magic, non-living thing that can propel itself, that is why I mentioned it's theoretical use in your idea.
    4. I pointed out the flaw in your idea in a concise manner that i hoped would get my point across... but you had to mock me with your "hopes and dreams" bit.... so here you go... being talked down to and being let to the conclusion like a child. :blobReach:

I once again state with a clear statement the impracticality of your idea:
    Why would he need an arrow that uses mana(for alarm spell and propulsion) and "whistling" to control if he already has weapons that require no mana to control, can be controlled by thought, has AI that fights on its own and is invincible? :blobsmile:

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    The eastern continent arc is turning out to be quite interesting

4. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I am hoping that Grid can get a class advancement by knowing Pagma's origin from here. Also 30 legendary item blueprints only? Dammit.

5. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean to myth rank? Or do you mean something related to like a class quest?

6. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Class quest. Iirc Grid got stuck in his class advancement for Legendary Blacksmith for a long time...

7. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    The limit will probably be increased when he hits a certain 5(x) Legendary Item created milestone. I hope.

On a side note, does Item Upgrade just increase the rank of item? If so, can't he use it on a legendary item to make it myth rank?

8. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think there's just one class quest. Grid gaining the super metal could be considered advancing his class. Making the god hands, understanding divine equipment, possibly Randy, possibly Braham, and the legend training place are advancing his class.
    The odd thing is that he can clearly design and make things without using the skill(presumably in the manner that regular blacksmiths do). So I wonder what's the difference between a made blueprint and a regular one. More control of properties?

9. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha you guys seem to be enjoying yourselves

10. Bryce

Bryce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    basically the class advancement quest is a step by step guide to unlocking his sealed abilities, what grid is doing is ignoring the instructions and randomly doing shit himself. whenever he reaches a milestone/achievement and gets acknowledged by the system his sealed abilities are skill unlocked

11. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need to go back and read but I remember about his class quest that he currently ignore. He still need to do it to advance his class. Look at braham's class for example. His class is Great magician but Grid still stuck as 'Pagma's decedent' and not some standalone title like 'Great Blacksmith' or 'Legendary Blacksmith' Which have have a lot of potential. Like that girl with the orb's "Mumud decedent' that can get to Myth on it's own. The ore and the god hand do play a role, I think but ultimately to unlock the full potential or go beyond, I believe still required the quest completion.

On a side note. In this game, blacksmith need recipe for making items. That's why Grid is so happy when he get crafting recipe from his guild. His own skill, however allow him to create his own recipe from nothing. In the past that he can create some random stuff is either because of his blueprint skill or he use the existing item and disassemble them to understand to get the recipe like when he make the lighting rod.

12. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the most important thing to power up his class is obviously the legend training ground where they inherit the full powers of the class and not one of the class quest. I don't think there's a single mainline class quest. He either stumbles into that specific class quest or not. I'm pretty sure the class quest you guys are thinking about is the one he got from Khan. There's nothing special that led him there so it's probably not anymore important than the quest from Braham.

I'm talking about stuff like his scale armor. He'll take an existing recipe and then only loosely base what he's making on it and make an entirely new item. Look at the first time he made the god hands. He still made them and they were working items. He just needed the recipe when he wanted to make them properly work like hands.

13. Valcryst

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I could understand, he can make minor improvements to recipes he obtains like he did with Grid's greatsword... like add materials and adjust shapes and stuff but not change the base material entirely(black iron in this case)... i think that's why he needed his skill this time(needed base material to be WPW)... maybe? I am not too sure... i can't find the chapter where he forged the GGS..

14. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Determined』『Status: Coding in Uni』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's actually the reverse. Legendary Magician kinda restricts since it has the word Legendary in it. Probably why Braham is called Great Magician instead.

Being a descendant means that you can inherit the ways while having a chance to improve it. Given that the only other descendant is Mumud's, I suppose descendant classes has something special for the class bearers.

About Grid using the Creation skill for Red Phoenix Bow, I think it is mainly because he is using a new material and is working on a preset form. Using the Creation skill has the advantage of listing the process for you so that you make less mistakes than a blind attempt.

15. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Think about it like this. How do regular Blacksmiths make recipes? They can obviously do so without the item creation skill. Grid should have that common ability on top of his item creation skill.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  16. Bryce

Bryce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the previous time he used the item creation skill wasn't it explained that he draws the blueprint and gives it a description, when he's finished the skill takes over and adjusts the blueprint and he gains the item production method

17. sicarius_kk

sicarius_kk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He still is pretty dense only got some common sense ingame but irl he didn show any major signs of getting his own shit down.

18. sicarius_kk

sicarius_kk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not like you cant do each step manually the item creation to me is like creating a blueprint out of nothing while you can still make the items by smelting and mixing things but thats just me.

19. Valcryst

Reading List:
    Link
    Operative word being "should"; like blacksmiths should have an autoforge button but.... yeah.
    Or grid just doesn't know... either way we don't know... xD
    I don't understand your point sir... o.o

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  20. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Except like I said he's already created things without the item creation skill. Thus he can do so.