LCD Overgeared

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by hanglekuk, Oct 16, 2017.

1. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    I almost feel bad for these vampirs, gonna get stomped by grids whole force

2. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes killing dozens of monsters in one hit would level you and the skills up faster

3. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you miss Grid using those low level technique to slaughter like half the Red Knights? How do they barely do much to bosses?

4. momonga143

momonga143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cause said skill is not worth to use at few enemies... army killing skills or undefeated king skills are only best to use at tens to thousands of mobs. Not for boss. Grid has higher single damage than those AOE skills.100% buff in stats combined with his 1570% damage skills is be
    Dude... yu said whens the best time to level
    Dude you posted when do you train them skills right? Obviously you train then by grinding. Like all the pro does. Just because you use them 1x or 3x per monster you see that has a hard fight, aint gonna change anything. You level by gaiining exp not by using it as a move in a fight. Also the best time to use it is when you have lots of mobs not by fighting few mobs. That op skill is built for 1 vs thousands. Thats when you get the best use for it. In a steady fight you win by maintaining high damage not by spamming. Spamming is how noobs work. If you try to level your skill then grind it. He doesnt have time to grind his skill cause it will slow his level? Thats how low skills players talk. You can grind at higher mobs. He can grind any mob that is 50 level higher than him. And you say he cant level fast enough? Really. Thats why i said you need to think like a pro gamer. Not casuals who think they know everything.

5. momonga143

Reading List:
    Link
    Your askig how mobs differ from bosses? For one they have dfferent stats. For example
    Mobs stats
    Att:109
    Def:100

Boss stats
    Att:1000
    Def1500

See the difference?
    If you have low damage it work work on the bosses that well. And you should nvm forget how some author dont know math and just put numbers to just make thjngs more interesting. No matter how you want to make things imbalance if the game has numbers then it should also has math.
    If grid has lets says this stats
    Att:500
    Def:800
    Then obviously those mobs will get lots of damage since there def is low but if you attack a boss with that the damage will be so low it should be 1. Cause it cant pierce through def. Thats where skills comes in place. That 100k killing skills is good for mobbing since def dont really matter for it so 60% damage is just ok cause 40x attack compensates for it. But if that 60% is use at the boss it just means you are doing lesser damage to it. So his kill skill whih does 1570% damage is better to use.
    So all in all thsose 100k kill skill is not that usefull when it comes to killing bosses. Not until he levels it up whih does more damage for him to better spam it. Cause spamminvg low damage skills on a boss is just wasting resources. So instead of usinhg his buff aura for spamming useless skills on bosses its better just use it for buffing his normal and other high damage skills.

6. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    'Best to use' is not the same as not worth it to use. The 30 attack skill is basically a more powerful version of Link. Once again it's damage that is done quickly. It's not a back and forth with the enemy. You don't have to worry about dodging or blocking attacks between your attacks or your attacks being dodged or blocked. You're unilaterally dealing massive amounts of damage against the boss without taking damage in return. It's still useful when the battle is who can kill the other fastest. The same applies to the other move. If the blockage effect works on them then you have three seconds where they aren't attacking you or using skills.
    No, that's clearly not what I asked. I asked "Did you miss Grid using those low level technique to slaughter like half the Red Knights? How do they barely do much to bosses?" As in "Did you forget that Grid killed a hoard of bosses with the skills you're saying aren't useful against bosses?"

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    momonga143 likes this.
  7. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also said to try reading the whole comment chain before posting.

Are we even reading and talking about the same story? In Overgeared, Grid has only ever grinded (ground? What's the plural for grind in this context?) his production skills. Grid himself is one of those 'casuals who think they know everything'.

8. momonga143

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok I admit i forgot the instant part so ojay ill give you that i guess he should use 100k.

9. momonga143

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid is not a casual you know. Casual players are players that just plays for fun.
    Casuals dont grind.
    Grid grinding equipments is normal for that is his job. Doesnt change the fact that he should still need to grind his skills on mobs rather than grind it on bosses. Just like how he grinds the exp for his levelinvg equips. The more and hardy monsters he kills the faster he can level his skills. Just because you are fighting one monster even if its a boss doesnt change how much you are using it. So he either has to choose between which to grind first its either exp for skills and items or exp for himself. (Btw i think the plural of grind is grinds) anyway im sorry to barge in this topic of your its my sickness:(.
    And your right i dont really know much about the topic youre discussing so ill stop. And vincent already convinced me on using 100k att skills. Cause i forgot that skill is 40 attacks in an instant. Still better than spamming normals.

10. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Duke of virtue activated. Is piaro getting a new helping hand soon for his blood style farming experiment:hmm:

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  11. viprei

viprei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    about the Duke of Virtue title effect, if you spare a monster, wouldn't you basically gain it's respect and it would become your subordinate (or something like that)? though even if you spare it one time, can't you still kill it afterwards?
    and if you get a direct descendant of Beriache to follow you, wouldn't it count towards the Blood king title?

12. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid: I... I can't kill you
    Vampire: God Grid! (Teary eyes)
    -Last hit from Lauel-
    Everyone: ...
    Lauel: But I can

13. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    lol overgeared raid and now Grid needs to find something to do for this assembled army :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

14. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Determined』『Status: Coding in Uni』

Reading List:
    Link
    Red Knights are humans. They have lower HP compensated by skills and better attack patterns (as explained in Pope raid way back then)

While the skill is far from grinding friendly, it isn't an appropriate skill for the situation few chapters ago. Yeah he could've used the 100k Blockade, but he has skills that deal more damage and I doubt the CC effect will work against the direct descendants.

You can argue that Restraint works so Blockade probably will, but please bear in mind that Madra often fight Saharan armies unlike Pagma who had to be against high-class demons at some point.

edit: Given that the skill worked against the Red Knights, it is pretty much usable in siege competition. Too bad Grid would probably not participate in that.

From what I read that was what Piaro's trying to do (LOL)

Okay to take a break from the heated discussion...since the 3rd Comp is already approaching maybe we can discuss about the events Korea will participate in. Yura will definitely be in anything related to demons while Dark/Jokbal will probably be in dungeon raid. Peak Sword...hmm...still dunno.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  15. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    They also have armor. Regardless the point was that the skill has worked on bosses.

As I've explained, it's not just about the overall damage. The skill can be used faster, you don't have to aim it, and it deals a lot of damage quickly. Grid was brought to the brink of death because of all the damage he suffered. If he dealt a couple million damage without being injured in return then that gives him more breathing room in the fight.

1. We don't even know if what enemies they fought are relevant. 2. We don't know if Pagma ever directly fought high level demonkin. They don't seem to ever mention doing so. 3. Pagma had created his swordsmanship before going to the West continent and thus before getting involved with them. Restraint was in the starter package of sword skills Grid got.

16. guigs

guigs Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are the Jokbal friends, I think that they will won a media of a medal each

BigDaddy likes this.
  17. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always have this feeling that Marie Rose and Grid will form an alliance to fight great demons in Hell. If Grid tamed or acquired more than half of Beriache's descendant, he will be declared as the Vampire King and wage war with the great demons, with the Evil Eye clan.

BigDaddy likes this.
  18. BigDaddy

BigDaddy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When Grid was going to the Rebecca church the first time where he ends up killing the NPC pope, he gets a random conman priest to lead the way and rests in a cave where Marie Rose was sealed and ends up awakening her because of his bloody, monster attracting robe. She says she finds him interesting and leaves.

Concernedcitizen likes this.
  19. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    wondering on what would be the name of the crops that would be made from that vampire city XD XD

20. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Pfft the grid worship trio.:blobxd:
    And Piaro continues to bend the rules of what a farmer is:cookie:

JZ505 and BigDaddy like this.