LCD Overlimit Skill Holder

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 29, 2020.

1. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean this seriously. If you're this critical of the story perhaps you should quit it and try something in the top 15 rankings. Odds are you'll enjoy it more and make better use of your time reading and discussing a superior novel.

I'm trapped by the premise but you don't have to be.

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm already reading, read, dropped or have no interest in the top 15.

Wujigege and dereonlad like this.
  3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I was kind of expecting her to say she was engaged to the prince. Though, now I expect the prince will try to force an engagement with her.

4. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Recently I got so starved of content on this site I resorted to going to that other site that NU is always serving spam for. There are a lot of trap stories there that look good at first only to disappoint once you get a few chapters in, but I managed to find a couple worth reading.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If magic armor is so expensive that the head of a rich and influential noble's military can't afford it, then why would anyone waste money on "dirt removal" or "brightness enhancement" armor? Or are those just ridiculously cheap by comparison?

Honestly, most of what I read lately is on royalroad rather than here.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    Wujigege likes this.
  6. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I strongly resisted visiting SH because no matter how many sites I go to for content it won't solve the root cause of the problem: too many unfinished stories.

Whether it's a translated story or one posted directly by the author, once you catch up you have to play the waiting game. If an author / translator posts infrequently enough then by the time the next chapter is out you've forgotten some amount of the story so it's not as engaging to read any more.

I really enjoy finding some novel with a high chapter count to start reading all at once, but it's just as disappointing when you get to the most recent chapter and have to stop, especially if the update frequency is weekly or less.

Sea Dog and Wujigege like this.
  7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    SH?

Well, you can always limit your search to completed stories, but I find that anything with enough chapters works since I'll likely lose interest before the end. Very few authors are both good enough to write a truly long story that maintains the readers' interest, and willing to post it for free online.

Of course, you could read published works, but unless you focus on completed series or one-offs, you'll wind up waiting years between releases, with a serious risk of the author dying before they finish the story.

Wujigege likes this.
  8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry I am working towards a solution for this issue.

I am also open to suggestions.
    You can send me a private message.
    Cheers!

9. Overlord2019

Overlord2019 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pointing out the problem is not supporting it. This is a nationwide systemic issue where high taxes, mandated by the king, frequent skirmishes with other countries, and a high incidence of monster attacks (being fought off by knights and adventurers paid by said taxes) drives people into such levels of poverty that they sell themselves to the "human resource office" to avoid starving to death. Even if the MC has an Earl backing him, he can't just wave a magic wand and yell "expecto liberarium" magically making all this go away.

The MC knows slavery sucks by first hand experience after the magic contract was broken and all the magically induced "happiness" came to a screeching halt. Even then, he became a slave of his own will because his family tried to beat him to death because of a superstition that having black hair and eyes is a magnet for disaster, making him "evil."

Yeah, I'm not happy with the time-skip either. That's four years of character development that we've missed out on, but the rest just sounds like cherry-picking and that's beneath you.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He's claiming that fighting slavery at all is pointless and actively discouraged her from doing it in spite of the fact that she's one of the few people in the country in a position to fight it effectively. Slavery is not necessary in any society, including that one, which he should know. If he feels that attacking the slave dealers is a waste of time (its not), and that attacking the root cause of slavery would be more effective (it would), then he should be advocating for that instead of discouraging her and trying to get her to give up. Bringing up problems without bringing up solutions isn't helpful, especially if you're going to actively obstruct what solutions are offered simply because they're not perfect.

Sea Dog likes this.
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't saying something like "We don't want the cops around" very similar to saying "We're actively engaged in criminal activities"? At least, it should be very easy to interpret it that way, and the guy in charge of creating those laws is right there, and has already declared his support of the cop in question. I wonder if she realizes that she's putting her entire family at risk here.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I would likely have died of shock, and been at least mildly impressed, if the MC had managed to make it all the way through the party without catching the king's eye.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if its a rebellion or something that the king arranged as a "test" or "entertainment" or whatever. Rebellion seems more likely, but I could easily see it going either way.

14. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Cellan

Cellan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is Lark the main heroine and does she ever get/sleep with other guys? kinda feels like a dark story

16. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    This will probably work better as a manga, because the writing is too slice of life in an anemic way. Like it is slice of life, but it doesn't know or want to be.

17. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    Female lead protagonists generally appear and leave. So for slave arc it's Lark, for adventurer arc it's Mimosa or whatever her name is and the current arc is Eva.

18. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I think I'm done with this series.

rei_hunter likes this.
  19. mirukii

mirukii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oof

20. rei_hunter

rei_hunter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol what happened?
    End of V3 or something?