Part of summary being deleted?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by riririn, Nov 17, 2019.

1. riririn

riririn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I originally had two summaries for my novel, an excerpt I chose from the novel and the original summary the author wrote Recently, I found that the second summary (the original one) got deleted. Is it not allowed to have both in the summary of the novel page? Thanks for your help ^^

2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Strictly speaking, yes, the synopsis is set in stone. It's supposed to be a translation of whatever the author's synopsis is. Everything on the page is the same: The title, cover art, author's name, original publisher, the genres and tags the novel falls under. These things have "correct" entries. The synopsis, too. That said, sometimes translators write their own and it gets overlooked. It's not a big deal, really. ... But, yeah. If someone removed it, they were in the right to.

3. riririn

riririn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Should I change it back to the original summary then? The one that got deleted was the summary written by the author, not the excerpt I chose.

4. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said, the author's synopsis is the correct entry, so you should switch it back, yes. But if you feel like the author's synopsis is useless and wrote something else yourself, it isn't a huge deal. In fact, I've got two other people whispering in my ear right now that yours is better and they think you should stick with it.

riririn and Amarulence like this.
  5. Amarulence

Amarulence Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want to call myself out, but the original synopsis for one of my translation works basically read: "Naked with a harem? What will 32-year old Yoshida Shuta do next?!", which is one of the worst things put to Japanese I have yet read.

I support your custom-made synopsis :blobsmilehappy:

Westeller and riririn like this.