Discussion Parth Rant: Hate Threads

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Parth37955, Feb 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Cryotic

Cryotic Nora's Psychic◈Nora's Silly Wife◈春雷◈暗いよ

Reading List:
    Link
    .....why make this a very complicated stuff... Like srsly........ Reading all those comments with so much depth... ಠ_ಠ

2. Deleted member 37987

Deleted member 37987 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It's some kind of hobby and for some people a way to release stress~ you know, there is a love for arguing haha~

3. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TDG is so bad people don't even want to remember it

sadmanex likes this.
  4. Pretender

Pretender <{Vanquisher}> {(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻}

Reading List:
    Link
    If the rant or hate thread is directed at the novel, I don't see why anyone should think they have the right to take away someone else right to express their feelings/opinions, and hate can and should, if it's directed at the novels (not the people who read) and don't hold false pointings, have similar respect as the ones created for the sake of magnifying some novel.

Not here (forum) for a long time, but one of the things that annoy me the most in the "rant" threads, and ones that I see the most, is the kind of comment that have something like "Don't like don't read", or the ones that automatically interpret that a hate/criticizing/rant about something that he likes is a direct offense to himself or that it is directed to himself, and then say something like "Stop trying to convince/force me to stop reading it! I will not!".

What I'm trying to point is yes, the spam/troll threads should be closed, as the ones that idly insults the readers of that novel should too, but not to be closed just by the criterion of being or having hate. Threads that deifies novels have the power to annoy me, but still they have the right to exist.

So, in my eyes, one of the biggest problems is that people don't know their "places", and this transform a large quantity of threads in "shit-threads". When someone creates a thread/post saying how much he likes something, he is not summoning you to say how much you hate it (excluding the ones that puts it in his text, lol) and how you should hate it too, or reading other things. The same happens to the "hate" ones, they are not calling you to say how much he is wrong and "if you don't like don't read", or to force you to stop reading the novel you like, and that you say the genre he dislikes is good (excluding the ones that do this explicitly in their texts, too).

When you love something I hate, or when you hate something I love, both things have the power to hurt/offend me and the average person, understand?

My point is, people need to learn to allow people to express their feelings, be it hate or love (if it's not something absurd, like hate in the form of racism and love in the form of pedophilia or something like this, outside of the fictional world), and to just pass by and leave.

Ai chan and Arcturus like this.
  5. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it was a hate thread tho. it was too popular back then.

6. _Selutu_

_Selutu_ 灭世魔尊

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay, lock them hate threads. Ban all haters. Build a wall against them all!

#ParthforPresident

7. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Yuge wall?

8. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Parth made another rant thread, yeah! :LOL: (lol)

As for me, I don't bother looking at hate threads most of the time, and I'm guessing most people who don't care don't even notice them, so...the ones commenting on those kind of threads are those who are either just bored or want to let off steam for some reason or another.

9. Chambui

Chambui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't like it, ignore it. Always works in the internet. If others don't do that, can't you just ignore them too?

10. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm more concerned that there seems to be a spillover effect to the LN-reviews section of NovelUpdates. I've been reading and updating a fair bit of my own reviews, only to find a lot of reviews are rants and full of spoilers. This should be monitored because it will give the wrong impression to readers and potential readers of said LN.

case being for example: The Inverted Dragon's Scale. The top most comment has almost nothing to do with the novel (and even worse, by far way off the mark).