Recommendations Parth's looking to read

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Parth37955, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    now that the name drop is out of the way...
    I'm bored. So I need something to read.
    Don't suggest any Qidian novels unless if it's unlikely that QI will take over.
    Preferably it would have okish character development, likeable characters and not completely 2-dimentional side characters.
    I'm a straight hetero male so no BL/yaoi.
    perfectly fine with shoujo/josei cause people who generalize are dumb.
    comedy/romance would be appreciated.
    Don't suggest Invisible Dragon or Invijible Panda >_>
    Seriously, don't troll. Remember that novel subforums are supposed to be serious.

2. arahera

arahera Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I see your reading list?

Drake98 and Archaic pickle like this.
  3. TianKrea

TianKrea 『Novice』

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Deathic

Deathic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Demon hunter

5. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
  6. The One Supreme Lord of All

The One Supreme Lord of All 『Milk Tea Corps Leader』《Bishop of Church of Tony》

Reading List:
    Link
  7. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    husband be a gentleman !

otaku31 likes this.
  8. arahera

arahera Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Solo Clear - as the title says, it's mainly the story of a loner throughout his journey in real life dungeons. Facing threats from the dungeon, humans and the creators of the dungeon.

Valhalla Saga - this one has just started being translated (I think 6 chapters a week). But, it's really good! The plot itself is alright and the characters we have briefly meet is cool and fun. Overall I would suggest this to most people.

Overlord - I guess most people have either know of this novel or have read it. It basically is the summoned to another world with evil subordinates and the MC is just following the flow and joins the slaughter.

Shoujo Grand Summoning - this one is more of my own favourites. Mainly because the MC is alright and he does visit a couple of anime worlds which I know of. And basically because of Date A Live characters being in it.

Shura's Wrath - this one mainly because of the last 40-ish chapters which really amazed me and made me fall in love with the novel.
    The first 300-400 chapters is ok-good while the other part being "boring" and the final is epic (with a somewhat rushed ending...)

9. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you tell Tony to create a stacked reading list?

Now for the suggestions:

Tilea’s Worries - misunderstandings comedy

I Said Make My Abilities Average! - comedy

Sovereign of Judgment - Apocolypse

Edit: I don't read many romance comedy but I guess this one:

I’ll Live My Second Life!

10. TooLazyToThink

TooLazyToThink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Mystogrigen

Mystogrigen 「Clever and Witty Original Title」

Reading List:
    Link
    It's nicely sorted reading lists like Parth's that make me wish that a "Hide" list comes standard for everyone. The only way it could get better than that is popular reasons to hide it for people to mark those titles with in the hide list (bad TL, 2d characters, bad plot, asshole MC, etc). It would make it easier for people to recommend stuff.

12. Touma212

Touma212 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's not at all nicely organized. there's a bunch of stuff I need to get rid of.

14. Lurker of the dark

Lurker of the dark [Just a bored lurker]

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Akashura

Akashura [Fake-Harem Hater][Saber Fanboy][Tsundere Lover]

Reading List:
    Link
  17. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Would suggest to catch up on Martial King's Retired Life (now at 3v something, ongoing and not related to QI)
    Legend of the Great Saint (only 100+ chapters translated, but readable via mtl) and hopefully once you got to chapter 1613 the author ended his hiatus ... or you shall suffer together with the rest of us
    Grasping Evil

not on NU, but RRL: The Arcane Emperor
    and on WW: Blue Phoenix

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  18. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    The Original Novels on Hon'Yaku. These's three good novels originally in English on the linked site which update at the same time as three translations the Author does. I don't, personally, recommend the translations, but you might enjoy them as well. The Novels are:
    - Wizard with the Flower Blades. MC gets transported to another world due to VR interface and ends up swapping gender. MC is a Sword Otaku, and upon reaching civilisation, quickly ends up helping in a Swords-smith shop, with aid of her cheat. She actually gets upset at the fact that she feels that not properly Smithing her swords is actually an insult to what she's doing.
    - Origin Story The VRMMO: The Advent of Axebear. MC plays a VRMMO. This world has a few of them, but the latest one is called Origin Story, and the tutorial is your character's Origin Story and decides some of your starting skills. MC gets a rarest of the rare skills from this (it's explained by the author afterwards, and it's conditions are specific and unreasonable enough to actually permit that level of skill to be released), which allows her to transform into a Bear. Her main weapon is an Axe, too, so she's going to become Axebear.
    - Kousei Ishikawa is Cursed! MC was a normal Japanese Male College Student in our world (or a world like ours). Then he was hit by Truck-san and reincarnated into a world seemingly almost exactly like ours only that it has a skill system. As he grows up, the MC finds out that there's Yokai, too, and they're VERY attracted to him, almost certainly due to the indecipherable skill he has. Story starts after the MC moves to a new town with his single uncle, after spending years living on his own due to the Aunt who had been taking care of him being sent slightly insane by the Yokai she couldn't see but were attracted to the MC. Upon reaching his new town, he immediately gets annoyed by someone singing Anime Songs on a frequency only he seems to be able to hear non-stop.

+1 Valhalla Saga. From what's been translated, it has an interesting power and power-up system. Everyone in Valhalla has Runes which can be turned into Stat Points, and everyone who reaches Valhalla has a Saga which gives them unique Super Powers based on what they did to earn a place in Valhalla. MC was a professional gamer who died from a heart attack while in a tournament, and his major Saga (the central power the others support) is based on his Game Character, though some of his equipment's powers are adjusted due to the power and focus of Saga's over what it would be like in the Game he played.

+1 Hero Without Blood or Tear. A professional gamer who has, due to time dilation, spent over 100 years (relative time) trying to get the good ending in a game that's been out for 2 years (real time), and is the number 1 ranked player. A new, limited event trial event came out which allows you to start the game as an ordinary person. Please note, this game is nearly impossible even when starting with Cheat-Level characters, which is the normal starting point of the game. Due to online/social bullying, this person starts playing this event two months real time after everyone else. Let's watch him play starting from the position of an ordinary person.