Spoiler Pendant of the Elemental / Pendant of the Nymph / 정령의 펜던트

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Wobblyskeleton, Oct 10, 2022.

1. Wobblyskeleton

Wobblyskeleton Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel Cover(s):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Manhwa/Webtoon Cover(s):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Author:
    Balen / 발렌
    Novel Illustrator:
    Bodhisattva / 보살
    Manhwa Illustrator:
    Big P / 빅피

Official Novel Raw:
    Kakao Page

Official Manhwa Raw:
    Kakao Page

Official Translation (English):

Tapas

Language:
    Korean

Genre:
    Fantasy, mystery, school life, shounen

Description:
    The only son of the living legend, the Duke of Landert, who suffered countless hardships during his childhood, enrolls in the Karingston academy.
    Being the new kid at school is tough. Bayul’s a target for gossip, arrogant bullies, and strict teachers… and he’s also burdened with being the son of a famed war hero and dealing with a chronic illness. Life just isn’t easy for him at Carringston Academy, but luckily, he has a few steadfast friends watching his back! He’ll need them and all the help he can get as he learns that his late mother’s pendant may lead to a power and a past he never knew he had.
    Can this be the path to a destiny greater than he could have ever imagined?
    (Taken from Manga Updates)

Additional miscellaneous illustrations (novel):
    (There is one image in the second page of the novel's 1st chapter, but it won't let me upload it here)

(Found on yes24.com)
    [​IMG]

(More images are in the novel illustrator’s twitter @_bosal_37. Their bio says to not repost so I only added whatever I found in the first few pages of the novel.)

Naver Blog Review:

Review

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. SpoilSeeker

SpoilSeeker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hope someone would give some spoils :sushi_potato::sushi_potato::sushi_sleeping:

4. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    camping for spoilers :blobpopcorn_cool:

5. Heiwa Irina

Heiwa Irina Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does someone know if Bayul is or isn't the Elemental Ruler/King of the four elements? I really want to know.

dragonfyi likes this.
  6. Souply

Souply Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bayul has been impaled by a sword
    • Assassin tried to kill the prince while he was with Bayul, Bayul stepping up to defend him with the elementals, looks like Assassin has someone on their side, maybe magic; switches their target to Bayul.
    • Assassin fought through the elemental and the guards, and prince tried to protect Bayul, Bayul pushed him out of the way and gets slashed and impaled
    good luck everyone:sweating_profusely:

7. Souply

Souply Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bayul has been confirmed dead
    • He was praised for saving the life of the crown prince but then they had to remember the Duke, Bayul's father, who had lost one of his sons 2 years ago
    • Every time the prince wakes up, he is always in pain mostly due to the pain and shock of Bayul's death so they have to use drugs to keep him asleep
    • Bayul's friends want to confirm his death but are being prevented with the logic that the Duke has to arrive first then he'll decide if they are allowed but the teacher that is related to the king allows them 10 minutes
    • all that can be heard from the room, are the cries of sad friends
    With this chapter i keep remembering how the Duke once said to himself, that he did not know what he'd do if he lost Bayul too and how he may not have the strength to carry on:blobsob:
    Bayul won't stay dead, right? RIGHT?!:blob_teary:

8. Crystal_Tears

Crystal_Tears Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Wobblyskeleton and dragonfyi like this.
  9. Souply

Souply Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i use a translator app to understand what is going on so there could be some inaccuracy
    • so there are in quinn and bayul's room, greiving
    • and Logan spills the truth about how Bayil (bayul brother) died and the full circumstance around it
    • aiden is like, why are you telling us this when the one who should hear it is no longer here
    • logan say he'll tell the duke the truth (honestly, what good will that even do)
    • Lia says there is a time and place for that, and it's certainly not now. like Bayul just died and bringing Bayil up will reopen/revive an old wound he probably hasn't gotten over, so keep your guilt til after Bayul's funeral
    • Aiden say someone that "it did happen"
    • Bayul had his palm read by someone and they said that Bayul would die and come back
    • Aiden wonders how it will affect the spirits and wanted to ask them something but Liapoints out no Bayul means no spirits and they can't even see them
    • They decide to go get the palm reader
    • Quinn hasn't said a single word and has just been sitting at his desk and starts writting a letter after the rest of them leave
    • the last page has these words(i think); Dear Bayul

10. Souply

Souply Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • so they got back from the palm reading dude and it was a dead-end
    • they notice the letter on quinn's desk and quinn says it about preparing something, laughed and tell them goodnight
    • they are confused because the sun is still out, and why is he laughing
    • (now at this point i can guess that Bayul is coming back but this interacting gave me a fear the Quinn would give up his life to bring him)
    • Quinn is like, y'all told me to laugh more and now y'all don't like it
    • Quinn then say he's going for some fresh air, and they ask why he's saying ?goodbye? when he's just going for a walk and they should go together but quinn says next time
    • he gets a flashback of the headmaster telling quinn to protect him(Bayul i think)
    • Quinn thinks it made no sense then but makes sense now and wonders how he knew that something like this would occur
    • Quinn goes to see the crown prince so that he can help Quinn get into the morgue because he was unable to say something to Bayul when his friends where there last time (i just remember in my previous spoiler the chapter ended with "Dear Bayul" and i can see where this is going and i'm not prepared)
    • Logan is suspicious as to why Quinn specifically told them "goodnight", then proceeds to read the letter Quinn left on his desk
    • they immediately run to the prince and ask Quinn went into the morgue alone and the prince says yes he did
    • they tell him that Quinn intends to bring Bayul back by killing himself (god damnit)
    so quinn has probably weighed Bayul's existence as being paramount for the prosperity of the world and him giving up his life is guaranteeing that the spirit realm will come back eventually because of Baul being elementalist :blobsob:

11. Souply

Souply Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • so they get into the room Bayul's body is in and Quinn is just laying beside him so peacefully
    • Bayul wakes up and shocks everyone.
    • To Bayul, he had just died so his memory cuts off when he died so he's confused then he sees Quinn beside him
    • Quinn's letter says that his ability has the power to bring a person back to life but only once and says that Bayul is a precious existence because he gave up hope that his domain could be fixed, until he met Bayul
    • the school was shaken up by Bayul's death until they say him run across the hall
    • now the owner of the morgue is Quinn (quinn is a prince, right? so unless the elders in his home knew about Bayu;'s existence then they could understand why Quinn did what he did)
    • Now they grieve for Quinn and Bayul thinks: "How many more must die for me?" referring to his brother now quinn (and i am side-eyeing logan)
    • prince feels guilt because he granted Quinn permission to enter the morgue
    • risa rushes in and hugs Bayul. the knight that is always with Bayul comes in and is glad that Bayul is alive
    • also says something along the lines of 'Bayul should be happy" but Bayul sees no reason why he should be happy, his friend died to bring him back and Quinn should be the one here not him
    • Bayul is desperate to bring Quinn back but like, everyone is like "How?"
    • Des comes in and says, there should be a way and they should ask Ian's dad, the blonde guy.
    • Des directly tells Ian that; isn't it time to reveal who you really are?
    • i forget what specifically happened but they(aiden, ian, logan, bayul and des) want to discuss their next move and Bayul say that when his dad arrives he will explain everything to the others(the prince, his dad, risa and the knight) (the whole elemental stuff most likely)
    i can almost imagine his dad's reaction to Bayul being alive

12. dragonfyi

dragonfyi New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Created an account just to say thank you for the spoilers and I really appreciate your effort to write it out so far

13. Souply

Souply Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's no issue, it just involves me holding up a translator app on my phone to my laptop screen and trying to piece together the broken translation

14. Souply

Souply Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • Des knocks out Rita because Bayul wants Sir Ian and her to leave but neither want to, and say Sir Ian would find out anyways so no point in knocking him out
    • Des then teleport them to the cabin in the woods they always go to
    • Aiden thinks Des is a wizard which he says he is not, and someone (not bayul) has figured it out then looks at Lia
    • Sir Ian has already aggro-ed Des like: who are you? i've always been suspicious of you but you meant no harm so i just watched you
    • Des says that maybe he should just hear it from the other side (meaning someone who is trusted) referring to Lia
    • Bayul thinks Lia knows and Lia is like "Bayul, did you know?" and then asks if he knew from the beginning which Bayul denies it and states that he found out because of the fire elemental
    • Aiden is still confused
    • Lia laments that he didn't notice, maybe because he is flawed like he kept hearing since childhood and says he was born with cursed blood
    • Lia says that Des is a demon and Logan is like, but how did YOU know?
    • Lia has difficulty saying it then Lia's dad (blondy) shows up with a lady with blue hair (we've seen her before and she also has eyes like Lia and Blondy, i just never looked up who she was)
    • Des say that he saw a future to bring Quinn back to life

Dofu and Liliss like this.
  15. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, could you please provide some overall summary on this?
    Also, how did mc’s brother die and why his relationship with the father is bad?

16. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Going into the chapters more and questions are a bit different now! How will be the relationship between mc and his father? Will there finally open up?
    Who is his mother ? any clues about her identity?
    Will q (the mermaid) really die?

17. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Adding my next line of questions, the emperor has an empress, right? (Cp’s mom)
    What’s the story of him marrying? Is it for a second wife or something?!

18. Souply

Souply Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm gonna be real honest and just admit that an overall summary could be hard for me because i could just remember something incorrectly or out of order but i'll try
    • Bayul, son of the duke and also one of the most powerful people in the country (combat wise, so much so that he actively stopped a war by sparing a king simply because he said he could kill them anytime he wanted), has an inferiority complex simply because of who his dad is and survivors guilt because of his brother's death
    • meets Aiden, Lia and Quinn, finds out he is an elemental user. Elemental were extinct so there was instability in the world but this is a chance to balance the world, Quinn also wants the ring that Bayul says he has because it is super important to the mermaid people
    • Bayul gets a new servant called Des who likes food alot
    • Bayul got better after he started treatment in the temple in his school because he acquired the blessing from that god
    • the first elemental is water and Quinn walks Bayul through the whole thing
    • the second is earth and they started to notice because Bayul would not get hurt or dirty from it, like falling or getting muddy in the rain. The earth elemental is pretty shy
    • Des brings along his "brothers", one is blind but is very aware(suspiciously too aware) and the other only has one arm, the blind one wants to work with cutting plants into shapes and the other wants to learn how to cook because Des tasted Risa's cooking and loved it, now he can't go back to eating the lesser food that the brother makes. also both are bad at their respective jobs
    • Aiden can communicate with animals and can command them, this was explained by the one armed brother
    • Aiden is also from a reputable family
    • We also meet Logan, Bayul's childhood friend and the truth of Bayil's death is revealed to us (the reader) but Bayul still does not know and Logan is still too scared to tell Bayul (i feel that Logan is gonna tell Bayul and the Duke at the same time, and a fear for his life)
    • the third is wind who is kinda a brat at first but we find out that when Bayul was little and sick in bed, Bayil and him launched a paper plane so it goes far but the wind violently knocked it back which prompted Bayul to say he hates the wind, when the wind was only trying to help but just couldn't control it's power properly
    • we also find out that their are ranks of elemental spirits and the highest is the elemental ruler
    • Lia is the son of the chairman of the school, who he does not like
    • Bayul goes home, has dinner with his dad for the first time in years, Bayul mentions that he is healthier now because he gained a blessing from the god of the temple in their school, and the dad is delighted so much so that Bayul is almost stunned by his smile
    • the last elemental is fire, which appeared when Bayul went to one of the mines managed by his family and magma showed up which revealed the fire elemental however after a very short while the fire elemental evolved and gains some knowledge with the evolution
    • Fire elemental is immediately hostile towards Des which them revealed that Des is the god of the temple in their school and that's why Bayul is healthy now
    • Bayul wants to immediately fire all three brothers but Des relents because likes Risa food so much and eating is a sacred thing for him, so Bayul and Des make a deal that the one armed brother will learn to cook under Risa and when he finally learns, then they will leave (which is hilariously funny because no matter what, even if Risa is standing right behind him and instructing him, the food always comes out bad) also Des cut of his arm because Des called the food he made trash after tasting Risa's food for the first time, he got offended and Des was having none of that so cut his arm off.
    • Des mentions that Bayul should probably be trying to evolve the elemental spirits to their max form
    • We were told earlier that the water and earth elemental have a preferred place to rest because of a certain stone that give off a certain energy and Bayul somehow also gives off that energy too and they tend to get tried if they use too much power when not near the stone
    • the fire elemental was holding one of those stones for a long time til it melted and a gem came out of it which they now constantly wear
    • they (bayul, aiden, lia, quinn, des and the brothers) go to that location and try and break it but hitting it hurts Bayul too

(i typed this out before but i accidentally deleted it)
    Bayil drowned
    • Bayul, Bayil and Logan went out for a picnic
    • Logan was washing a lid in a river and it got washed away and got caught on some rocks, Logan swam after it, could not return to shore. Bayul jumped in to get him but was too weak as a sickly child
    • Bayil showed up and rescued both, was really tired and rested on some rocks, got swept away and drowned
    • Bayul passed out trying to run after him, Logan couldn't get to Bayil
    • When they got back, the duke is furious, Bayul can't remember anything and Logan lies out of fear and say Bayul was the one who was drowning at first and Bayil died saving Bayul.
    • So bayul has surivor's guilt and believes his dad hates him for causing his brother's death, Which isn't the case and the duke is aware that Bayul is scared of him but has no idea how handle it even stating that he kept Bayul dog with him when he went to school because he wasn't sure that Bayul would return own without the dog being here
    • The relationship improves not the sense that they verbally open up, but the duke was so happy that Bayul was healthy that he smiles which almost stunned Bayul, they also go to the river where Bayil drowned together during the anniversary
    The mother is such a mystery:
    • she has the ring that the previously elemental user had, which is super important to the mermaid people
    • she didn't technically die, she just disappeared, so no body
    • we learn that she really liked the rain (i think they said she never got wet from it) so i'm speculating that she may have been an elemental spirit
    As of the current manhwa chapter, yes, quinn is dead but they are trying to find a way to bring him back
    the whole emperor thing just flew over my head because i just didn't deem it important

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
    Wobblyskeleton, Dofu and Liliss like this.
  19. Souply

Souply Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • so, the blind guy can see the future
    • blue comments how she hates Des's stench
    • Logan ask how she knew and if she's also a demon, she basically says "say that shit again and i'll rip your neck off"
    • Bayul explains that Des and his brothers are good
    • Ian realizes thats why the duke couldn't find anything the 3
    • Des eggs Lia on to explain his identity, Lis hesitats but Bayul reassures him that no matter what they are his friends
      and it finally comes that Lia is not a human but a dragon (also the chairman and the blue haired lady)
    • side note: the blue hair lady is also a professor
    • everyone is shocked because dragon are the most revered being
    • Aiden is like, so do you have like lots of treasures like in the books?
    • and Lia is like "....... yeah?"
    • aiden is mad that he acted like a poor student when Lia made it such a big deal that he(aiden) was from a reputable family
    • aiden says he couldn't even act like a proper poor person(lia let it slip many time that has a high class taste by not being amazed by impressive things that even the duke's son and aiden from a reputable family, are impressed by)
    • and he should have said he was the son from a wealthy family and no one would a suspected nothing
    • Lia is like "hey, i was committed to my made up backstory, i worked weekends to earn money"
    • Aiden is not impressed

Wobblyskeleton, Dofu and Liliss like this.
  20. Souply

Souply Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • Chairman is like "you ain't scared?" and aiden is like "we're not because Lia is our friend"
    • Back to saving quinn, Lia is skeptical about it and Des says that the blind brother's visions are never wrong, then Chairman pulls out a ring that is similar to the ring that Bayul's mom had in her portrait
    • they mistake it for Bayul's ring but in reality, it's a different ring and the chairman says since Bayul's dad is coming, you better hope he's bring the ring he has because that's the way to save Quinn
    • The basic jist of it is: to save quinn you need two rings and the rings are in a set of three and they are very powerful
    (unclear translations from here on out)
    • blue haired lady accuses Des of breaking the treaty, which Des says he didn't
    • This somehow involves Lia and the chairman ssys he'll tell Lia later but Lia relents
    • Des calls Lia a particular name but since Lia doesn't like it, Des then calls Lia a very specific title like "The last red ........(something)"
    • And Lia wonders how he knew that. it then turns to how Lia foster parent had to do a lot for him.
    • Lia concludes at the end of the chapter that the chairman killed his real father and just has a guilty conscience

Wobblyskeleton likes this.