People say I’m arrogant

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sawanara murasaki, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically, my father always told me that I’m arrogant and ego. Welp, I’m aware that I’m ego but arrogant?? Like why? Well, he told me just now about people’s perspectives on me. Fair enough, many people say I’m arrogant because i don't talk much when there’s a family or villagers gathering or even at the church, i hardly greet people. He also told me that people say I'm arrogant cause I’m highly educated so i don’t talk much with lowly educated people, well don’t wanna judge what people say about me.

But i hardly speak or talk or even approach them because they always looked down on me before i entered college and they judged me as i hardly went to the church to pray but now I don’t have to worry about that, thank God! And also, I’m quiet comfortable with my own space and i dislike talking nonsense or talk about things like judging other’s clothes, appearances and even badmouthing someone else or talking sh*t about people’s relationships and bi*ching about their development. Even when i go to a gathering event, i only talk to my siblings and mother because they know me well and they know how to continue a conversation with me so, yea, very sad indeed.

Literally, I’m aware that I’m ego but i don’t know which part of me is arrogant. I just wish someone could just told me what’s wrong and stop judging and discriminating me.

2. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you have a large ego, that makes you arrogant.
    You don't want to spend time talking bad about people or paying attention to them. This means that to you, they are not worth your effort or time. This means that you are arrogant.

I personally don't find this a problem so long as you are not rude. Though others might make it worse if they feel inferior or have self esteem issues. Then they will project their feelings onto you behavior. Then it will be really hard for them to not find your behavior rude.

3. Deadmantellnotales

Deadmantellnotales rebmeM nwonK-lleW

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I get what you're saying coz I'm having the same problem, Family members saying "I'm are arrogant cause I’m highly educated". That started when I started to avoid my tuition teacher, and he's said that then it's my parents, then it spread to family members. Yes, it looks like I'm arrogant because I don't talk to people and only respond to those question and the reason is I'm scared and repulsed/disgusted to people-ish, That what happen when you get sexually exploited by a tuition teacher and your parents and family start to parrot the same line. The best way to cope with it is just to think all of them can go die and just ignore them. It's worked for me so might just work for you.

4. 911

911 [Officer][Official Police][Tag me when needed]

Reading List:
    Link
    Arrogant is when you are being arrogant. Not when someone told you that you are arrogant.
    Easy, XD
    But seriously, just smile and wave.
    Let them be happy with their life, you just need to generous with your smile, but not words.

Sawanara murasaki likes this.
  5. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    The two are pretty similar...? If you have a big ego you're really self-centered and probably also think rather highly of yourself when it's unwarranted... which is the definition of arrogance.

Sawanara murasaki likes this.
  6. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    Arrogant is a word used by people to shut down people they don't like who are doing well and not caring about them.
    Or they're projecting. They ignore inferior people and think you're doing the same.

Nightow1 likes this.