Question Personal Works?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Digix, Jan 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    I noticed a person is uploading a Personal work on NU, I was wondering what exactly is the rule for this? they are from Asia, so is it ok even though it would be no different than having a work from Scribble or Royalroadl, on here, just curious what the actual rule is on this before I report or not.

2. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    On nu can be posted only "translated" asian works......so if the said novels isn't writen originaly in asian language it's can't be updated
    If you are talking about NU forum then there is a section for that.....

there was a precedent with a novel called "the empirian overlord" wich the "translator" claimed to be translated from CN so he can accept donation(a fraud) while refused to provide the raw...after people persisted with that, he claimed that it's was a hardcopy book that a friend sent him and can't be found on internet and posted a random mtl hand writen and cause a commotion on reddit because he got busted....since then to update on nu is required that the orginal source of the book is accesible on internet(doesn't matter the way as long it's exist) for other also as a way to support the original author....

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  3. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    it on normal novel updates, and I cannot find the original so I am assuming it was written to bypass the system.

4. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    edited my reply
    and what is the novel?

5. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    just gonna message ya

6. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Edit:
    i verified and found that the english version is exatly the mtl of the indonesian and same the opposite.....most likely the same thing that happend with "the empirian overlord"....someone confirm if the indonesian one is a mtl

7. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought that It had to be written in the original language from a site in the original country to prevent people from, making things up.
    Eg. I write a Work in english google translate it to Chinese Publish the chinese version on my WordPress which is really bad MTL but is technically a Chinese novel then make a post about translating it into English and posting the original english version would that be acceptable?

I feel that is the problem with Dry Mass's work, as their is no way to prevent someone doing what I just said.

8. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    i edited again my last post.....this is another scam from the author

and the example you made, it's not allowed on NU....

i reported the novel, now we wait and see.....

Digix and Cosmic_ like this.
  9. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t know for WordPress but if this is on a official publisher this is ok even if the asian language is mtl. I remember a few nuffians having fun by publishing in syosetu then on NU. May some old nuffians correct me if i’m mistaken.

10. GuldTasken

GuldTasken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel has to be written in the Author's original Language and the Author has to be from Asia.(1)

The author cannot be the Translator of his/her own Novel and submit this to NovelUpdates, because it is still considered his/her work.
    Therefore isn't eligible to be posted on here. Wattpad, Wordpress, Royalroadl or Scribble is a better choice. Because they host Original Content.

1. I reckon Eastern Asia to be more specific(Don't know if Afghanistan novels are allowed so to speak).

11. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not pinging @Tony just to be sure about it? Xdd

12. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    no, you are completly mistaken.....even if you publish a mtl on an asian platform you can't consider that a translation of an asian language so it's can't be posted.......what you remember it's can be the discussion about this topic after the mess caused by "the empirean overlord"

13. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in the end, it counts if the author translates his own novel INTO english. For that, the original quality has to be a bit above the translation and cant be mtl, which is easy to check...
    since you reported it already, we only have to wait.

14. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    the novel page is now removed.....if you find other novels like that, simple go " novel updates main page >user profile > report"

15. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, the empyrean overlord is another matter. The one i’m talking about are novels like Invijible Panda (i think, i don’t read them so not sure).
    Well, maybe the translator made it readable in japanese, dunno. Probably my mistake, won’t make sense if the asian language isn’t readable after all.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  16. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    nha, even the jp version sucks.....it's a parody of invisible dragon ---> grammar is shitty
    and i personaly think that novel was made more as joke than a serious attempt to make a novel.....

17. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that’s a troll novel, parody of invisble dragon. Guess that it does count as a novel on NU because readers can felt that’s a troll novel in both asian and eng version. Huh.

18. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    @runsing

19. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't understand what you're trying to hint. sorry.

elaborate please.

20. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I think @Tiber Winter was saying a person was acting both as an author and translator for the work and uploading it here. Which is against the policy drom what I remember

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.