Spoiler Pet of the Villainess

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twistingfeelings, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Johnrevenge

Johnrevenge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really enjoying this series so far :D

shishuri291 likes this.
  2. marahya

marahya Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so will payne become emperor???

3. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep

4. Johnrevenge

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the stupid prince tries something to harm Shasha? From what I've read so far he openly dislikes her and Ace is keeping his engagement a secret from him to protect her from Johannes.

5. zephyroths

zephyroths A Passingby Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    apparently Lilith's maid is snitching her to her mom. what happened on this?

lazynoodles likes this.
  6. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looked at the untranslated manga pages. Can't translate but can extrapolate from the images.

DragonBoy is coming to the realization that he's in love with Sasha, though its going kinda slow. In the most recent chaps it looks like he finally figures it out during a conversation with Rebecca, after one with the cotton candy salesman. Kinda sad that his realization is going at pace with Sasha and Arth becoming a real couple.

We get some background on why Rebecca was "in love" with the crown prince (staring ch60-ish). It seems more like she was in love with the idea of him and his parents. Her dad's super awkward with her and they weren't very close before Sasha moved in. Meanwhile the King and Queen welcomed her in warmly and immediately started treating her like family. So its more like she wanted to become part of that warm family than anything else. While CP is a slag, he does know how to turn on the charm, and would gaslight her whenever she tried to confront him about his playing around. Looks like she tried to go to the queen about it, who just reinforced the gaslighting. Hence her bad mental state at the beginning of the comic. That's framed as more of a blow to her than the prince's actions, as she had started looking to the queen as a replacement mother figure. We see scenes that reinforce why Sasha is so important to her, as she finally has someone who is validating her feelings. It also shows her and her dad getting closer. It looks like maybe her pinning her hopes on the royal family had been part of what distanced them, and they have a proper heart to heart.
    There's also a really good scene where she outright calls the CP on his BS. No getting emotional on her end or anything, just coldly cutting the knees out from under his explanations. (Can't wait for the translation of Ch65 to see exactly what she says.) At the end there we see her letting go of her emotional dependence on the King and Queen.
    It looks like she's largely come to terms with Sasha being with Arth, and has determined to completely break ties with the royal family.

It looks like the crown prince has been given some responsibility (scene where he's given a scroll by the king). Partially because the king is too ill to see to things like he should, and also as prep for taking over. And of course he is being an idiot and taking advantage of the situation to slack off even more. Arth has stopped doing his work for him, so its just not getting done. And he's being even more brazen about chasing skirts since he's got less parental oversight. There is one scene where he brings a stack of papers to Arth's office and Arth gets the shadowy evil grin when looking over them. So presumably idiot prince's fall is coming along nicely.

There are a lot of loveydovey scenes between Sasha and Arth coming up. It's pretty clear the engagement is going to stop being a fake convenience engagement pretty quick. There's a cute scene where the whole group go out to pick Sasha's dress for the Engagement party(?). (Ch 71-72)

Arth is getting some momentum on his plan to make Payne the king. It looks like Payne is finally on board. Largely a combination of Payne wanting enough power to protect Lilith, and his sense of responsibility as the genuinely better option. Also, it's pretty clear that the kingdom's about to go to war with fantasy Arabia, so Payne's about to get some chances to prove his worth. It'll probably also give a good chance for the Crown Prince to utterly screw up in a way the king can't sweep under the rug.
    Also, the king is maybe being drugged? There's some pretty significant side eye between Arth and what looks like a doctor after delivering some cookies to the king. Or maybe it was an indication that the king's pretty close to being declared incompetent to rule.

As for Lilith's mom, it looks like she's really going off the deep end. We get a really short scene where her panicky dad's talking to a doctor who seems exasperated and pessimistic, meanwhile she's clawing the door till her fingers bleed. So she'll probably crazy herself to death soon, especially once she finds out all her plans are down the drain. Even if her and that maid can force Lilith back on the railroad tracks, all the other main players are so far off from their book counterparts that there's no hope of them returning to their roles. It is hinting that they'll try to take out Sasha first though, with the idea that somehow things will just fall back into place.

This is kinda disjointed as I grouped everything by subplot. I like the manga, but with this many plotlines going at the same time its taking a while for them to come to fruition.
    ----

For those who can translate or read the novel, is there any explanation for that maid Mary drinking the koolaid that hard? Like, Lilith's dad is aware that his wife is abusive and somewhat unhinged. He's just too spineless and infatuated to stand up to her. I'd get it if the maid was just following orders. But it is painfully clear that the madam is cookoo. And yet the maid seems to genuinely believe that Lilith really does like wearing white and all the stuff that was so clearly just forced on her back home, and that she should wind up with the crown prince despite the fact that he hates her, etc. It's like she's fallen into the delusion created by Lilith's mother.

7. Johnrevenge

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers. Glad to see that Payne decides to man up and joins forces with Ace to protect Lilith.

crystalleciel, DOHere and Jukki like this.
  8. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers.
    I also remember reading before that the CP tried to kill his father in the end to become emperor faster...
    So maybe those cookies are poisoned by him?

crystalleciel, Jukki and Johnrevenge like this.
  9. LunarCiel

LunarCiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone who has read the novel, care to share some spoilers on any ML and MC loveydovey moments? :aww:

10. Deleted member 262282

Deleted member 262282 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  11. beazacha

beazacha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I don't get why people were disappointed? They take the tags very seriously even if the tag is somehow a spoiler - this novel was never shoujo ai/yuri so of course Sasha wouldn't end up with Rebecca. Seriously you gotta pay attention before getting expectations for certain developments just to be blindsided. But rather than erase her or worst bury her the plot acknowledge her feelings and this is more than what I came to expect from novels so I'm quite pleased.

12. alliebee

alliebee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the story finished in the untranslated version? Or are all the spoilers about romantic pairings at the end of the story from the Novel version? How similar is this version to the novel (if there is one)

13. Kingdo

Kingdo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I woud like to know more about the prince downfall please.

14. Dearest_Reader

Dearest_Reader 【I, Who Mewls In The Distance】【The Lazy Traveler】

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know if MC told anyone about her past life to others except for the female protagonist? I wouldn't mind if she didn't say it in the end though, I'm pretty much happy with the spoiler endings that have been given here. :blobmelt:

seekingsnow likes this.
  15. Paris_Eve

Paris_Eve Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And I believe Ace planned it all along to crush him Ha Ha Ha

Yesss, now he is the ones who planned Yohannes downfall in this Time Line Ha Ha Ha, How ironic

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2021
  16. TheGodEmperor

TheGodEmperor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need to learn, what happens to the King, Queen, and Prince? They are all such shit I want them to suffer a horrible ending.

17. Johnrevenge

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read chapter 77 and got really mad at that stupid and piece of shit that is Johannes. Can't wait for his ruin to come, I'll enjoy it so much.

seekingsnow likes this.
  18. Mario Kaiba

Mario Kaiba Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I just started reading the manhwa to it. The Shojo Ai tag on the aggregator site (and the title) drew me in. However, I can only ship our FL with Arth. I think it only got the tag on the site where it's being TL'd on because of how the noble ladies treat our FL. Though Sasha is only a faker when it comes to her "pet" persona, she actually does the noble ladies a lot of good as they only see her as a pet and can confide in her. Though I can tell that Rebecca actually has feelings for her, I can also tell that it's not meant to be.

After reading all the spoilers on here so far, I got to admit that I'm glad that the idiot crown prince is going to take a fall. I feel bad for the "heroine" because of how her mother is. If her mother wasn't an obsessed idiot, then things might've stayed on track despite Sasha's actions. The first rule of transmigration, there's no going back to the previous life. I've read enough isekai novels and manga to know that it never happens for reincarnated characters. Her mother was too obsessed with Lilith being how she's supposed to be in the book that she unknowingly caused her to be different. No guarantees that Rebecca would've been killed, but at least she would've gotten out of her toxic relationship with Sasha's help.

19. Johnrevenge

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, if Lilith's mother didn't abuse of her daughter, maybe original plot would have continued more or less, with the exception that Rebecca would have gladly broken the compromise with Johannes, that the dragon would probably still be loyal to Sasha as eh did her best efforts to put him in the service of Rebecca, and maybe Arth would still be in love with Sasha.

seekingsnow likes this.
  20. Hailtotheking

Hailtotheking Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what a fucking let down there's to many straight and man to man romances but i give it props for changing the romance from the others