Resolved Phising site detected?

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by Detheagle666, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Detheagle666

Detheagle666 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I apologize if this is the wrong forum, I'm not to sure if this should go here or in a more general forum board.

I was reading "Haunted Dukes Daughter", and got to chapter 44 where it switched to Isohungry Translations. As soon as I entered the site chrome and MalwareBytes went nuts, warning me of phising links and multiple phising attempts. There doesn't seem to be a way to report a linked site, so I decided to post this here. It's dangerous to have the bots link to site without having some sort of anti-malware process as well. Hopefully the links to the website can be removed or the owner(s) contacted about the state of the site, as they seem to have translated several other novels as well.

It's possible that the website is undergoing some sort of malware attack, and it's got nothing to do with the site owner(s). However, during the short time I was on the site I didn't see anything that stuck out as out-of-place. Given that, I can only assume the website is a dedicated phishing operation.

*Note: to anyone going to the main page, be very careful as this is where the phising warnings went berserk, it seems it's where the malware is most active?
    **Note 2: isohungrytls is the dotcom for the main site page, if anyone wants to verify me. Just be sure to have your antivirus up.
    ***Note 3: edited for grammar, punctuation.

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Phishing*

3. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    what is phishing?

4. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Isohungry Translations is usually fine for me. I’m sorry you had a problem.

5. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    isohungry? You're looking for @Kiki0246.

And I assume any issues you have with the site are the result of something like a malicious ad and not a deliberate setup.

AliceShiki, Sabruness and Snowbun like this.
  6. Detheagle666

Reading List:
    Link
    From wikipedia: "Phishing is the fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by disguising oneself as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication."

In this particular case I'm not positive what the goal was, probably passwords, but the idea is that the site or someone attacking the site is trying to steal personal information.

I'm in contact with one of the site translators who is in turn in contact with site admin. I haven't heard back yet but they are trying to figure out what's going on. Hopefully I can post back so saying all is well

Amaruna Myu likes this.
  7. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    It's based on the concept of fishing, they dangle bait in front of you and then catch your information if you bite. Typically it's fake sites or emails like hello this is a NUF admin, please insert your login on this page and then they steal that data.

p.s. keep in mind that it may just be a false positive, it happens.

Amaruna Myu likes this.
  8. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    correct me if I'm wrong, but even if there is phishing going on, so long as you don't click much nor write anything there, won't they just get the same info about you nearly every website can get?
    like, cookies, browser (version), time spent on their website, etc.

9. Detheagle666

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably, but it's still a not good thing, yea? Hopefully this can get fix so no-one gets screwed over, rather than leaving it alone.

10. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Online scamming through deceit. Easiest and oldest examples are fake emails that trick you into providing account information and/or money for one reason or another. It's the internet equivalent of a confidence scheme. A scam.

Mmm... you know people make phone calls to little old grannies pretending to be a grandchild in desperate need of money or a utility service about to cancel on them if they don't make an immediate payment? .. By giving the person on the phone the number off a prepaid debit card? Like that but online, and often more subtle.

AliceShiki and Amaruna Myu like this.
  11. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chrome has been doing that a lot lately, I've had those warnings pop up on secure sites that I have frequented for years. It got so annoying that I've installed a number of extensions to side step most of the problems and I haven't had to deal with it since.

12. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello there, i am a Nigerian Prince! :blobpeek:

13. Trane

Trane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is it blacklisted by Norton?

14. Detheagle666

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol SexY SinGLes In yOur ArEa

15. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    Introducing the Facebook tracker.
    “As you travel through the web, you’re likely to encounter Facebook Like or Share buttons...If those buttons are on the page, regardless of whether you touch them or not, Facebook is collecting data”

https://www.consumerreports.org/privacy/how-facebook-tracks-you-even-when-youre-not-on-facebook/

DiabolicGod likes this.
  16. Detheagle666

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankfully we have disconnect, which, while not able to completely eliminate the social media threat, it does a lot to hamper adsense and all those widgets for Facebook and Twitter, etc

elengee likes this.
  17. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    No idea, but if I had to guess... at some point in the last 20 years, someone probably got a single malicious ad or something on the page and Norton decided that meant the entire site was some kind of death trap. Or something like that.

Norton is a complete and utter joke - the Internet Explorer of antiviruses - and I've never met anyone who took it seriously.

Trane likes this.
  18. Kiki0246

Kiki0246 Top Notch Fujoshi, Owner of ISO TLs

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey there, Eagle DM’ed me about the problem already. Thank you for notifying me. We got hacked a few months ago which led to phishing reports and a really creepy Japanese tag line/internal pages on our site. I thought we already fixed everything but I guess the after effects are still there.

ISO never has anything prompting you for your personal information. I remember there were some anti viruses that blocked the site when we first got hacked since there were a few malicious ads. After we fixed it, I emailed them to be unblocked. I’m sorry about the problem, if you could show screenshots so we can fix the issue, it’d be great!

@Westeller thanks so much for pinging me in!

Oh yeah, we are planning to move off of Wordpress since Wordpress is some easily hacked. Literally so so easily hacked it’s sad. It kept being pushed off because of school but now that there’s a 3 week break because of the virus, we finally get it set up so this hopefully never happens again.

It’s actually a pretty common problem in small sites :/ like how moonbunnycafe kept getting DDos attacks.

Oops am I even allowed to post three times in a row? XD oh well, it’s been fixed now. Malwarebytes took isohungry off the blacklist. It was flagged bc of what happened a few months ago, which we had fixed. I haven’t got to Norton yet because their site is more difficult to access on mobile but should also be fixed soon.

Here is the report if anyone is interested! https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/257562-135214115/

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2020
    MadraRua, AliceShiki, Snowbun and 2 others like this.