LCD Phoenix Destiny

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jkmessah, Dec 9, 2017.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    “Senior, I resign myself to your guidance.” Maybe it's a cultural thing, but that sounds very rude to me.

She may have difficulty living up to the expectations she's setting today. Something tells me that her father's in-laws will try to force her to do something dangerous for the sect, using her performance here as an excuse. Of course, they'll need to first realize that she's doping in some way, but that's honestly not much of a logical leap. Their own spite and excessive desire to look down on her should guide them to that conclusion quite quickly.
    Same. Though, I expect that the author thinks that all the other people using the wheel and not growing as fast as her covers that.

2. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Having read ahead quite a bit, I can say that while the Wheel is powerful the vast majority of her power ups come from her adventures she gets 'herself'.

3. jkmessah

jkmessah WoC, GoR and TGS enthusiast!

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh. I agree on her unrealistic performance on doping causing this skewed perception of what she is capable of. Surely there will be a lot of people who wants to use her powers to get what they want (killing without blood) and it would be justifiable if it is for the sake of the sect. There is only so much her master can block before even he has to acquiesce.

Honestly wasn't expecting her to pick the most expensive recovery option either... I thought she would go for the cheapest one since that logically made the most sense. I mean, I really doubt any benefit she gets from being a genuine disciple or what not will be good enough to gather points in the wheel. I honestly rather read her adventures within the wheel than the sect. So much less stressful and even strangers have a better moral compass than everyone in the dang sect.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't help but feel that her master didn't do enough to prepare her for this competition. She knows far too little about how it functions. If she knew exactly what each door challenge had entailed, then she could have passed the first door before anyone else had a chance to interfere, which would have allowed her to stay ahead of the pack all the way past the third door. Unless the third door really was too difficult to do alone, in which case, she wouldn't have abandoned her partner.

I actually see her point from the latest chapter about why she felt she needed to win now. Of course, she wouldn't be in such a position if she hadn't abandoned her partner, hadn't trusted someone from the sect that she just met, hadn't wasted time on the first door, hadn't participated in the first place, etc., etc. Her having to place herself in debt to the wheel is very much the result of her own chain of bad decisions.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    What? How does this connect to anything in this chapter? What tickets?

6. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah. I think I figured it out. It might be the author referencing the tickets he gets per chapter. Maybe the novel was starting to kickoff are the time and he was making jokes?

Just a conjecture.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope we're not going to waste too many more chapters on challenge battles. They're not flat out boring yet, but they definitely will be if it keeps up much longer.
    If so, I really wish the translator would have left a note explaining it. Now I have to wonder if it's just a joke or if the tickets actually are related to her repaying her debt.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Who was Yu Wenshi again?

She really should stop this and move on. The medicine she took has a time limit, even if she doesn't run out of energy from all this fighting.

HavenCustos, Shadowsan and josh_15 like this.
  9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what she's planning to do once she runs out of challengers. She doesn't really have the authority to cancel the competition herself, nor would it be in her best interests to do so.

HavenCustos likes this.
  10. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    I find myself in the position where I am starting to question everything she does. Not saying that this is becoming bad, but I think my expectations were too high. It is still better than most stuff out there with female MC's in a Xianxia setting, but I see areas where it could be improved.

I wonder if she is just gonna kick a wall with this show of power. Offended so many people, gets the side effects from using the power-up, people picking fights with her...

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm honestly not sure. How the author handles the aftermath will say a lot about what this series will be going forward.

Though, to be honest, my expectations of the series were never super high. It always felt like if the MC was male, this would just be an average xianxia series. It's main appeal is simply that you could swap the MC for a male MC and you wouldn't really need to change anything, which is a major step forward for the genre.

HavenCustos likes this.
  12. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, I just got a bit excited.

Now that you mention it, you are right, it is pretty interchangeable. Well, just gotta sit tight and see how she handles all of this and the debt to the wheel!

HavenCustos likes this.
  13. SweetShireen

SweetShireen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she went extra all out because she was literally at the door of death and everyone passed her by not even giving her a second glance. If you had a chance at life again, you'd want to shine the brightest and make those people look at you by whichever means. Her decision wasnt the smartest, but it is understandable.

HavenCustos likes this.
  14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds like a pretty serious injury she just took on. How is she planning to deal with Kuai Xin? Or is she finally going to stop this and let the competition continue?

That would certainly explain why she started doing this, but it doesn't really explain why she's insisting on continuing. There's a point at which she's doing herself more harm than good, and I think she may have already passed it.

15. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the Heavenly Wheel is a multi-versal internet forum for cultivators.

Chapter 18: Lets celebrate Internet Piracy.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    HavenCustos likes this.
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    “Well… why wouldn’t I?” Well, if you thought of her as your daughter then that would make you one of the most sadistic and least qualified parents out there. Not quite as bad as those that murder their own children, but certainly nowhere near normal.

I think Fu Mingxi's aunt has been a really bad influence on her. Without someone protecting her from herself, it's unlikely that she'll survive for long in that sect.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Even if a genuine successor disciple spot was given to her, she would still be taken down easily after the competition." Seriously, how has this sect not been destroyed already when it works so hard to destroy itself?

It feels like we got two chapters today so that things could end on a better cliffhanger... ;)

jkmessah likes this.
  18. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just happy to have got two chapters today. Its pushing up my hopes releases may become a bit more regular

jacobpaige likes this.
  19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Same. Though, for that goal, it would probably have been better to just stockpile the second chapter to help with staying ahead of the deadlines. I'm not complaining mind you, just saying that the translator may be shooting themselves in the foot here if there isn't a stockpile, which seems likely to be the case.

Nyanko likes this.
  20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how she'll prove that it was self-defense. I'd almost think that one guy that's trying to get back on her good side would stand up for her, but that seems to passive a solution, and I doubt her father would be unprepared for it anyway.