Discussion Piano no mori

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Wytchlord, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Wytchlord

Wytchlord I like strawberries ~

Reading List:
    Link
    I really love this manga. For those who don't know him yet, it's about two boys who are growing up in two different worlds, one (Amamiya) having a famous pianist as his father and learning it since his early childhood and the other one (Kai) growing up "behind the forest" in a rather dangerous district. He starts learning the paino thanks to an old forgotten piano in the forest. The manga shows the boys growth and their struggles and it's full of emotional things.
    And the newest chapter really makes one feel hurt ... It's hard not to symphasize with Amamiya and his feeling towards Kai .. however I really feel sad for Kai as well because he really means what he says T_T I hate those competion judges ...

shade likes this.
  2. Ryve16

Ryve16 Working Hard and Hardly Working

Reading List:
    Link
    Can never symphatize with amamiya, from the beginning he was acting like a bitch. He "believes" he has confidence, but when he hears kai's music, he shows how much of a bitch he is.

3. Redils

Redils Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it is amamiya's father who i want to bitch slap the much in this

Hyacinthe likes this.
  4. Wytchlord

Reading List:
    Link
    If you think of the way Amamiya grew up than it is understandable. You have to see it from his perspective. Jealousy can be an ugly think and that's what he is definitly feeling but it is understandable. Just imagine yourself being taught the piano since 3 years old and then some kid playing a piano only he is able to play is so much better than you and has his own sound ... and now Amamiya has finally found his own style of music and he is eliminated

5. ikeiyr

ikeiyr Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah. dont forget about that two faced poland prodigy who easily got sick (forgot his name). i really hate his attitude

6. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    This is such a good manga.. I still remember how fun it is imagining a child that truly enjoy music... Spending everyday to play his own sound in the middle of the forest..

7. Wytchlord

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot his name as well but who does not hate his attitude?? He seems to have some family issues but that does not mean he can do such things ..

I still love how Kai's playstyle always shows people the forest from back then.

Ldyrdy likes this.
  8. Shiki Shiori

Shiki Shiori All according to keikaku...

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you guys (or gals) read this manga or something like this (like nodame)? Do you play the mentioned music, read in silence, or play random classical music?

9. Wytchlord

Reading List:
    Link
    I mostly read it in silence, I do not really need some music to play along to a music manga as I am able to "imagine" it. But if I do hear classic music next to it I mostly hear Vivaldi - Vier Jahreszeiten / Four Seasons. I love that piece of art :D
    Otherwise the playlist will automatically decide the next songs ... mostly Bethoven xD

10. shade

shade ... .-.. . . .--. .. -. --.

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading this manga some time ago and it seems i did finish on 124 chapter.
    Right now it seems there is a lot to catch up. But then maybe i should wait till translations are finished?..
    Tough choice. : )

I mostly read manga with instrumental music. It is a bit amazing how after a while, you can remember manga after hearing the same music again. I especially have such dejavu with Bersek.

11. drealicious

drealicious Macho man's wifey

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I love this manga and the movie too~~
    Amamiya and his father are interesting characters though I would love for this to focus more on Kai.