Recommendations Pioneering cultivation

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Concernedcitizen, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read a few cultivation novels out there and I found something common for most of them. The MC's martial arts often or almost always come from some books or scrolls left behind by someone. Martial world, True Martial World, A Will Eternal, Coiling Dragon, and a few more. It is very intriguing to me that they became what they are because someone paved the path for them.

Have you ever read a cultivation novel that the MC is one who created his own breathing techniques like Lin Ley from Coiling Dragon enlighten from laws?

Edit: i forgot the last part. Lol
    "Can you recommend something like this kind of novel?"

lordbeirut likes this.
  2. majinbuu57

majinbuu57 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Concernedcitizen likes this.
  3. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
  4. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Qin Yun from Seeking the Flying Sword Path, Qin Yu from Stellar Transformations, Xue Ying from Lord Xue Ying, Luo Feng from Swallowed Star, Zhang Xuan from Library of Heaven's Path, Wang Lu from Spirit Sword Mountain, Lin Feng from History's Number 1 Founder, Teng Qingshan from The Nine Cauldrons, Ji Ning from Desolate Era.

Btw, you listed Linley from Coiling Dragon as someone who gets his martial arts from books and scrolls left from predecessors and as someone who creates his own techniques through enlightenment.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    Rikkit and Concernedcitizen like this.
  5. Charlessssssss

Charlessssssss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. lordbeirut

lordbeirut Emperor of Perdition

Reading List:
    Link
    How good is the Library of Heaven's Path? I see that a lot of people like it, but the synopsis really makes me suspicious of it. I don't wanna miss on a good novel though like I almost missed on I Shall Seal the Heavens which I only started reading when about a fourth of the story had been translated because I disliked the summary.

7. CharLok

CharLok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ze Tian Ji
    I think, kinda? Maybe? I mean this guy is trying to do all kinds of crazy shit cause he’s probs won’t live longer than 20.
    I mean he’s not exactly a pioneer, but he does have that, can’t live the conventional route thing going on.

He’s a scholar kid, so he actually learns a shit ton of techniques from everywhere, but at the same time, this knowledge gives him room to be creative???

8. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a good novel. It's written for comedy and the author knows it, so he never strays for more than a chapter or two. There's a good amount of face-slapping, but it's done right. The face-slapping is silly, not mocking, and Zhang Xuan makes a joke of himself at least as often as he makes a joke of others, so it's not offensive. There's enough story that the chapters are not repetitive and the other characters have enough of a role that it does not feel like an one-man comedy show. The author takes a few chapters to settle in on his style, but it's truly only a few so try it if you want a light-hearted read. Library of Heaven's Path isn't my favorite novel, but it is one of the few I stay up-to-date with.

PS: The summary isn't accurate. The only correct part is he has a library in his head to compile flaws. The characters mentioned do not exist; the scenes described do not happen; and
    the library does not seem to be a cheat from transmigrating, as the summary insinuates.

tl;dr Library of Heaven's Path has a decent story and characters, but is an absolute 10/10 on comedy

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  9. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Gardener, be the one who recreate the legendary vegetables!!

10. Concernedcitizen

Reading List:
    Link
    Both are from QI, was the translation good?
    I finished warlock of magus world. Didnt he learn blood techniques because of the bloodline and some cheat he has? Thank you for the No. 1 founder. I will add it up and check it.:cookie:

I read Library of Heavens Path. It wasnt my cup of tea. His works are full of plotholes and he copied cultivations to his cheat library. I wish for something that he made entirely his own.
    I read Desolate Era but i forgot about it. Lol the others, i will look in to it. Thank you

Yes Coiling Dragon are both with scroll and pioneering (i think). If i remember it right, he has a cultivation grandpa at the early stage, but the middle part, the laws are fully his.

11. ryosuke08

ryosuke08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The World Online and Zhan Long

both create their own Spear and Sword Techniques. although they're on VR games the cultivation passes to the RL in TWO the cabines even provide the supplementary liquid.

12. BumChikiBum

BumChikiBum "Notice me, Onii-chan!~"

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Concernedcitizen

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to check both of them. Thank you.

Something like, lets say MC found a cultivation book of ice emperor, i wish to read the ice emperor's story. How did he get enlightenment regarding ice? Was he inborn with ice element? Something like that.

Athousandhandspraying likes this.
  14. Concernedcitizen

Reading List:
    Link
  15. ryosuke08

ryosuke08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no, it just got paywall'd by qidian i read on -redacted-

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2018
  16. Concernedcitizen

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess i can only read it on deeper side of dark web. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2018
  17. BumChikiBum

BumChikiBum "Notice me, Onii-chan!~"

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem. Hope you like them

18. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I thought it was about first people who create the way of cultivation. Most Xianxia & Xuanhuan I had read, their cultivation is something common that many people practice it, there's not mention about first people who find a way to cultivate (beside Zhu Xian, gods come to earth and teach mortal)