Spoiler Plaything: The Toy of a Grand Duke

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Just_One_More_Chapter, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Just_One_More_Chapter

Just_One_More_Chapter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://mangadex.org/title/58946/plaything

SYNOPSIS: A robust and naive mercenary, Ilrick, accidentally killed the son of the leader of his unit, who was after Ilrick's body. After he believed that he had successfully concealed his crimes, Ilrick received the summon of an unexpected individual. With flowing silver hair, the individual was the most handsome man Ilrick had ever seen in his life- the Grand Duke of Miros. The duke graced a chillingly beautiful smile on his face as he spoke to Ilrick. "Isn't it only correct for you to be the one asking me to fuck you up?"

The synopsis, the art, the obvious budding drama and smut that will keep me awake for nights on end. Y’all know the drill so spoil me please

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    Snarkywife likes this.
  2. Snarkywife

Snarkywife Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m intrigued.... :)

3. wasabisazzdafirst

wasabisazzdafirst Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard this is based on a novel,, any spoilers? TT^TT

4. Sephiroth_Naruto_Shinra

Sephiroth_Naruto_Shinra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's an actual novel???

5. magical_al00

magical_al00 ✧・゚:*( ͡ꈍ ͜ʖ̫ ͡ꈍ )*:・゚✧

Reading List:
    Link
  6. magical_al00

Reading List:
    Link
    It turns out ML has a baby with his twin sister but WHY ?!! like wtx

7. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What??????

8. magical_al00

Reading List:
    Link
    see the last chapter this week

9. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it really his biological child??? This is messed up

10. dumplingslag

dumplingslag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay so it’s not the child of the twins !!!! It’s his sisters and the popes !!!!!!!

mokimoo and Priar like this.
  11. SamV

SamV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait how did u know?

Priar likes this.
  12. dumplingslag

dumplingslag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The latest chapters!! The white hair is a wig to hide ur from the emperor.

Priar likes this.
  13. Plumpuppeach

Plumpuppeach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard the novel side stories end in a bittersweet way....can someone please tell me what happens..

Priar likes this.
  14. Mozzarella

Mozzarella Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sweet baby Jesus where did you read this please I'm gonna pray for it not to be true

Deleted member 449830 and Priar like this.
  15. Just_One_More_Chapter

Reading List:
    Link
    I can’t live with that. I need someone to tell me it ain’t so or spoil me so I can brace for impact

Priar likes this.
  16. Mozzarella

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read it up to chapter 29 of the webtoon and for as popular as that series is among BL lovers, I'm perplexed as to how no one's found even a single spoiler for the novel!

ALRIGHT, spoilers up to chapter 29 of the webtoon, and PRAYING that someone has access to +19 Ridi to spoil us, cuz I haven't found that shit anywhere else even in korean.

I read it in Spanish, and then MTL'd vietnamese and there is an MTL'd english version (tho I forgot where).

The Duke kissed Ilrick in front of the Pope. Ilrick was upset that the Duke had promised not to tell anyone, and broke that promise. He asked why.

Sa-Yan explains that it was needed and Ilrick understands that this was his plan all along: To pretend to have a male lover so the pope would believe that he never had any romantic interest on Iss + The pope would now believe the Duke wouldn't have children of his own and Leysa would naturally be the next king. Naturally, the Pope blessed their union lmao.

Ilrick asks how he can be so sure that he won't be double crossed by the pope, and he says that he also secured a general's cooperation by promising Leysa to marry his youngest daughter.

Ilrick realizes then that he is nothing but a convenient pawn on the Duke's hands to be used on his struggle for the throne: The Duke needed a man he could control to play his lover and that the Pope wouldn't suspect, and Ilrick, due to his situation, was just the perfect victim. If I understood it correctly, he got quite offended at the notion.

But Ilrick also comes to the conclusion that he will be disposed of when he no longer had any use for him bc it doesn't make sense for the Duke to want him, so he starts thinking about escaping back to the mercenaries.

They proceed to have a steamy night as the Duke 'punishes' Ilrick for not wearing his gift (lingerie), and Ilrick is sick the next day because of how hard it was on his body.

Then a mercenary friend visits Ilrick, asking if he's returning to the group, and Ilrick says that he wants to, but his friend tells him smt along the lines that it's better that he stays with the Duke, bc the captain suspects him of killing his son.

So now he can't go back to the mercenaries, but he also can't stay with the Duke, so he decides to escape on his own (I guess he didn't have a plan?), but a man finds him and they become travelling companions.

I didn't understand the last panel all that much, but his companion apparently wants them to go back to where the Duke is under a fake identity

That's what I got so far.

17. Just_One_More_Chapter

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg thanks so much. Seriously the Duke is too scary he was in control of everything from the start. Now I’m not so sure or Ilrick’s traveling buddy either…

18. Mozzarella

Reading List:
    Link
    His buddy seems to be just a friend. He did take good care of Ilrick, and he does look like his ex gf, but I didn't get any vibes.

19. Plumpuppeach

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it true according to the person who read it. They said the main story ended happy but the side story took them completely off guard and they cried alot saying it was a bittersweet end. They also said they wonder if the webtoon will do the side stories, I kinda hope so too

20. Plumpuppeach

Reading List:
    Link
    They won't, I'm not close to them and whenever someone asks they just say its bittersweet and don't elaborate at all, I guess to get ppl read the novel legally

orange_cat and (deleted member) like this.