Discussion Poison Genius Consort MC doesnt have low eq

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Tachi Works, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Tachi Works

Tachi Works Not a very well known member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wondered what people thought of female MC's who seem to gain power by sacrificing their interest in men? Its always refreshing for me to come across female protagonists who can be badass without feeling threatened by their own sexuality. Take the Mistaken Marriage Match series, Zhou Qing and Qing Feng have always impressed me with the way they keep in touch with and even use their feminine wiles.

I mean sure a "dense" low eq protagonist can still be cute but when they are THAT clueless or unwilling, it makes me doubt that romance tag: Take Jun Xie Wu from Genius Doctor, who's partner is doing all the contributing to make things work.

Receptive partners just feel smoother in their relationship building! Like the way the MC of poison genius consort calls her husband "darling" sarcastically in her head is funny and refreshing to me.

Ice blocks out for revenge with no interest in the opposite sex can get old slowly.

2. Edonis

Edonis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Demonic king chases, has a decent relationship between mc and love interest. Just takes a while to get her to trust him tho

3. Makuba

Makuba Wyrd bið ful aræd

Reading List:
    Link
    He nearly chokes her to death. How is that a decent relationship?

4. SilverCrow63

SilverCrow63 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So you mean characters like Sansheng from Sansheng, Death Exists Not at the River of Oblivion and Bai Pingting from Gu Fang Bu Zhi Shang.
    These types of characters are my favorite to read about. When the MC is too dense it gets irritating at times.

Tachi Works and Eutune like this.
  5. Crimshine

Crimshine x399 %993

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, having less of this kind of MC would be great, when they are just too dense I just become frustrated with the MC and stop reading.
    I'm like: " Does he need to cut his flesh with a knife, writing 'I love you' in his flesh to make you understand that he loves you? You can't pick up any hints before that?"

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  6. polokoi

polokoi TVPropaganda

Reading List:
    Link
    There are many ways to show Love my friend.

Tachi Works likes this.
  7. Zeph

Zeph 'Popcorn Missing' - Reward if Returned

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh. They're giving up a lot of potential for manipulating high influence figures. You make it seem like they can't have more power when they manipulate men. :p

8. Sheepo

Sheepo 『Pyoo's Fated One』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think she's a good example... Since young age she was locked up in a basement with no other human contact than her evil uncle... Not knowing what love is, because you never experienced it, is a valid "excuse" in this case...

Besides that, you don't fall in love with someone simply because he pops in every now and then... as far as the current translated chapters go, you can count on two hands how often they met...

Tachi Works and SilverCrow63 like this.
  9. Edonis

Edonis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering the circumstance and how the male character usually kills everyone he doesn't like to see. Him choking her for what his perception was her using him or throwing him away after what he's done for her....the response is extreme to normal people but to him it's light.

10. Callista Soo

Callista Soo LiveInTheMoment

Reading List:
    Link
    "Funny" way of showing it...

polokoi likes this.
  11. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Kinky

Zeph likes this.
  12. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    What I mind in these novels is when the female lead falls for the male lead, but he's an absolute jerk. Not talking about this novel, but ones like Black bellied prince's abandoned consort or something. So I'd rather have the female lead be cold and detached, and wait till she finds out whether the male lead is worth her trust and emotions. The ones who are too quick to give away their feelings do appear weaker, and they often end up getting used. Like the female MC in this novel is currently getting used left and right, and waiting for the male lead to appear at the nick of time to save her. But at least he's only cold, instead of an asshole, so that's something. It appears he only sees her as a useful tool at the moment, and she's all so happy to oblige, cause her livelihood actually depends on him, but he couldn't care less. It's not like this novel pissed me off the most. There are others that I couldn't even stand. But, I hope you see my point. I just like cold females who look after their own interests first, and are slow to fall for a cute guy.

iampsyx likes this.
  13. Eutune

Eutune 『Sweet~』

Reading List:
    Link
    Bai Pingting is really my absolute favourite, intelligent, capable....I loved her!

SilverCrow63 likes this.
  14. Tachi Works

Tachi Works Not a very well known member

Reading List:
    Link
    True, she's pretty cool with her military strategies and stuff, but i felt like for other characters, that novel was a tragedy.

15. Eutune

Eutune 『Sweet~』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah...well, her story too was kind of a tragedy, a very suffered love

Tachi Works likes this.