[Poll] Could you be a saint?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 11, 2019.

Tags:
?

How confident are you that you could improve the world in 1000 years?

1. 100% confident

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. 99% confident

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 95% confident

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 90% confident

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 80% confident

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  6. 66% confident

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 50% confident

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. 33% confident

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 20% confident

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  10. 10% confident

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  11. 5% confident

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. 1% confident

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. 0% confident

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. I think I would make the world even worse

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  15. I wouldn’t even try to make the world better

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  16. I’m unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. I do not wish to respond

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suspect it is... Deep down at the subconscious level... Things are expected of you, and to survive as a human here on this rock, you need others... Being rejected and cast out of the group is/was often fatal... So you need to conform or face retaliation...
    The motivation may not rise to conscious level, but its there...

2. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2: Maybe? I mean, ultimately it's a worldview.

Perhaps I am really naive but I legitimately believe in the power of love.

The world would be a sad place without love (and I'm not talking about the romantic/sexual kind), and I believe it takes a lot of effort to bring love into the world. A single person's love doesn't mean anything, but collectively as a group it can change a community or even a world.

I'm not quite convinced it is a socialization/group thing. If I were isekai'd into a cruel world where nobody has any ethics or morality, I think I would stubbornly cling to my own feelings and still try to love everyone I can.

3. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course, I am sure there is "more" than just "plain" retaliation avoidance... as Humans aren't that simple... but... its there are the bottom... as a sort of fundamental building block of the mind...

Umm... but what is this thing called... Love?

lychee likes this.
  4. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the very existence of lovely and cute things are important for the world and meaningful.

For instance, the very premise that people can look at this and say it is adorable:

[​IMG]

I think it is incredibly precious because it means that we can celebrate love in things that are outside of ourselves.

So yes, I think there should be more cute things in the world! :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

Let us celebrate love!

5. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I choose 100%.
    I’m no Jesus, but I think I have a above chance of bringing the population to the light.

1. What would your approach be? What if making long-lasting peace after your death is also one of your objectives?
    I would bring christianity. Mainly because of the movie “The Book Of Eli”. Also I would use the same gospel as the book series “Safehold”

2. Do you think human nature is fundamentally good or bad?
    They are both, but I like to believe human nature in its core is good.

3. What kind of divine reward would it take for you to “become a saint” instead of selfishly living your own life?
    I’m a sinner and I’m ok with that. I feel as long as I’m true to my beliefs. It will come naturally that I am a saint. If not all well. I’m not going to kill myself just to be a saint.

6. Spnagi

Spnagi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is only one solution in a world like this.
    Humans being already corrupted in this world by

•Anger.
    •Avarice.
    •Desire.
    •Pride.
    • Gluttony.
    •Laziness.
    •Lust.

Become strong, stronger than anyone!
    Conquer a city, become the emperor

Imposing the laws by the strong way.
    Get rid of all those who oppose.
    Stabilize peace, creating terror.
    Conquer the world.
    And finally become the enemy of the whole world.

Choose a hero with values like friendship and peace among the people who will kill you.
    The world after my death will not be perfect, but at least,
    she will be much better than at the beginning.

Every human has his way of thinking.
    But in an apocalyptic world, there will inevitably be more bad people.

The power to create what I imagine or the power of time.

Edit : And my name isn't Lelouch, so i guess, i'm 20% confident to success
    in my mission.

7. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt this is possible though... Especially the "openly" part of that "Humans openly steal..." not for long...

I can only imagine that without any outside intervention, someone, somewhere, would get the idea into their head, to not to be so damn open and reckless about it... And groups would form... And as the superiority of a group over an individual, and a large group over a smaller one, would become evident, the system would spread and evolve naturally... different forms governments and morality would rise and fall as the people try to find the best possible way to balance the immediate and long term rewards and maintain as large groups as possible... As bigger groups conquer smaller groups, eventually they would hit some Equilibrium and similar systems of government and morality as here on earth would come to be...

8. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like gender bender, but that doesn't mean I wanna be turned into a girl!
    I like the drama in it where the main character is reluctant, can't adapt to the change, oblivious to the surroundings perceiving him differently, and all the pure reactions and emotions of a straight guy suddenly turning into a cute girl. I like it when they end up falling in love with another man unintentionally and being confused and flustered, then realize they'd rather spend their life with that person as a woman than be separated. All those cute stuff.

Now that's definitely not gonna be happening with me now is it? I'd either be oddly ok with it or I'd be absolutely not ok with it. It's different with me if I'm being the person gender bent. I enjoy the characters' troubles coping with the new gender...but I myself would not be enjoying it though if I was there, right? And if I DID enjoy it, then the thing I most enjoy in gender bender is not really happening to me. Hence, gender bender is wasted on me.

It's...an odd kinda situation. Kinda like a person who likes torturing other people but doesn't wanna be tortured himself...? lol
    (...also, you're getting me wrong. I'm not particularly into the noble villainess troupe, I'm just ok with it. This site is just filled with those so that's why I've naturally read so many. Cause I like romance novels and over half the Japanese shoujo romance novels here are villainess novels.)

AAAAnyway, I don't wanna be the male lead to a gender bender story either...or do I? Now that is the question.
    Well, maybe I'm ok with that. But no more than being a male lead to a normal woman. I'm not overly into the idea. I feel that's wasted on me too...I just don't know how.
    Oh right, I prefer my gender bender protagonists to have the best male leads there is, the creme of the crop! Making all the NORMAL girls jealous and whatnot kinda thing. So the obvious glaring problem is that...I don't consider myself to be a creme of the crop male lead. lol

Not that I'm being humble and modest, I just don't wanna be that! I'd rather fuck that than be that...nah, I'm kidding. Anyway, I always liked those types of very perfect very loyal handsome cold faced characters as partners, but I don't enjoy their PoVs (unless it solely consists of their thoughts about the MC). So I wanna experience the PoV of the gender bent female lead, the one getting all the love from this perfect existence!

lychee likes this.
  9. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    This is so interesting! :aww::aww::aww: Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

10. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    realistically, i'd say 80% is the highest percentage with a likelyhood of success.

Anyone who answers 100% is full of themselves because nothing is ever 100%.

11. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd take that bet as long as i could seduce girls to the yuri side.

12. RNGesus

RNGesus <<+10 Luck upon seeing this Nuffian>>

Reading List:
    Link
    I would keep the partying behind close doors as much as I can. No sense sending so many innocent people to die trying the stuff I could take!

I would also document my doses and effecta to educate the masses on what stuff would kill people or not. Self-human experimentation is easier with a test subject guaranteed not to expire. :blobpats:

13. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Then the Goddess would soon realise that choosing me as the bringer of the light is the worst choice she had ever made.

I play by the rules, arrived at the world, conquer the nearest kingdom by a war of attrition and being unkillable with the grace of the Goddess. After taking over most of the kingdoms, I would try to find a way to experiment with the power of the Goddess. By the time I approached world domination, I flipped my reputation around and overthrown every stubborn rulers/nobles and created the perfect Big Brother of the dystopian world.

If everyone lived under the constant, all-seeing eyes of Big Brother, no one would be able to rebel, nor even think about rebelling. As every source of education and knowledge manipulated by Big Brother, the world would achieve its grim yet peaceful staleness.

14. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

15. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
    So many conquering answers!
    Rather than afterlife, wouldnt it be better ti create heaven and hell on earth?

Id go ard the first 10 yrs findjng the minority who wants to do good despite the happenings of the world (that or poor innocent orphan childrens) and people who i can pay to be my defense team (payment might not be money, eg opp to disect me, opp to be a leader in my new land) and create a small heaven city

Tho im sure after 150 years tht place will be corrupted alrdy lol

lychee likes this.
  16. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could I be a Saint Bernard (dog)? I wish!

TiggerBane likes this.
  17. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Master dog is a dog. My glorious radiance will just make everyone line up and wish to stroke me + this just sounds like a tribalist world so it will sort itself out in the thousand years to something akin to Greece assuming farming can occur.

18. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reality can never compare to fantasy and any hell on earth, could be escaped through death... It could never be terrible enough...
    And if want to get the little devils in line and to pretend they're nice people, and so make the world a better place, you really, Really, REALLY, need to put the fear in them... you can't change their nature after all...