[Poll] Could you be cruel if your life depended on it? (Mature/NSFW)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 20, 2019.

Tags:
?

As a candidate, how confidently could you pass the test of cruelty?

1. 100% confident - I'm could be the cruelest person in the world if necessary

17 vote(s)
    27.9%
  2. 90% confident - I can be crueler than most people

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. 80% confident - I can be crueler than a majority of people

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. 66% confident - I can be slightly crueler than average

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  5. 50% confident - I think I could be as cruel as the average person

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  6. 33% confident - I think I would be slightly less cruel than average

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. 20% confident - I think I would be less cruel than a majority of people

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. 10% confident - I think I would be less cruel than most people

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  9. 0% confident - There's no way I could be crueler than anybody, even if I tried

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  10. I couldn't be cruel at all - I would fail by default

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  11. I couldn't be cruel at all - I would kill myself

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. I would intentionally kill the captive and cause everyone to fail

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  13. I would accidentally kill the captive and cause everyone to fail

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. I'm unsure

5 vote(s)
    8.2%
  15. I do not wish to answer

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  16. I would intentionally kill other candidates to be disruptive

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy: Wait really?

I like the monster restaurant scenario.

This one is torture.... err... literally :blobdead:

Innieminnie likes this.
  2. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeaaah, but monster one is kinda torture too. At least you're not going to get eaten if you suck at cooking. You survive thw torture, and you might get to go home. Not so much with monster restraunt.

Arcturus and lychee like this.
  3. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it was being near @Ai chan, I suppose I might have to be a bigger jerk than I already am.

4. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Cross-posting this lovely response I got!

5. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eyyy other like minded people. Just gotta hope it's at least 1/5 and this trial becomes pointless.

lychee likes this.
  6. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d aim for middle of the road. It’s better to be one of the forgettable 3 in between who get freedom, than one of the two extremes (most and least cruel) the captive would remember the most, and naturally decide between.

7. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about torturing some random nobody, but I imagine I could take some pleasure in retribution...

8. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes! :blobicecreamlove: This is for me, at least the critical point of the trial.

If you believe that a least one fifth of humanity is nice, then don’t freak out and do what the cultists want you to do.

If everyone is nice, then the scenario completely fails for the cultists entirely.

9. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd be tempted to say 100% (like some people have) but humanity is so astoundingly genius at coming up with ways to inflict pain and suffering on each other that i doubt anyone could honestly say that they could be crueler than everyone else.
    So i'm answering 90%.

Is there a clock in the time? Otherwise, people might be tripped up by the lack of visible timekeeping.

10. TakenAway

TakenAway Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Yes. Since the captive would be healed upon exiting the room, it would mean that it is possible to damage the victim by a considerable margin, even leading up to a few mortal wounds. As it would soon be seen with my actions, there would be little reason that I would be marked for failure. On the off chance I lose to the other sadistic candidates, there is simply no mercy from me as someone who would soon suffer in this hellish experiment.

2. Torture as harsh as I could, while make full use of the healing clause and intimidate with a sample of what I could do during the retribution phase. Observing the other candidates could give a glimpse of their capability, but it is never a true indicator. Sociopaths and psychopaths are fearful foes.

The only true solution to this madness isn't achievable by us candidate...unfortunately.

3. No, I'm utterly fucked at that point. Better off just choose someone who would give me a very quick death.
    Its impossible to find a nice person who would not kill you upon knowing that you sent them to a hellish torture.
    Might as well choose to die at the first captive round. Even if they would torture me as harshly as they could, it would eventually soon be over. I wouldn't have to live through who knows how many attempts.

4. People are bound to be evil, rather than being nice.
    Looking back at history, it's easy to assume we're able to commit some of these atrocities.
    Let alone survival, many have committed various crimes for petty reasons.

It doesn't help that there were some psychological experiment that affirms our capability and willingness cruelty, notably the Standford Prison experiment and Milgram experiment. It's also unhelpful knowing that the captive is bound to forget about what they experienced, or that they would die from one of the retribution phase.

Thus, I would conclude that there would be very few reason as to one would even refuse to participate.

Morals be damned. I wouldn't wish for any person to person to suffer through this ridiculous ritual.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  11. SilverCrow63

SilverCrow63 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is confusing. There are quite a few loopholes and I'm not sure I fully understand all the rules, everything after the Retribution part, but all it takes is one psycho and everything will be seriously twisted.

I think the best option is to be sent back with wiped memories. For one, you lose the guilt for what you have done. Two, I'm not sure it is a good thing to be associated with Pea. You get 1 million but what if Pea decides Pea is bored and calls back all its followers. What if someone defeats Pea and wants to destroy Pea's organization to the roots. It's kind of bad in long term unless you are twisted and enjoy causing suffering.

12. I Ship anything cute

I Ship anything cute [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
    1. As a candidate, could you act cruelly to pass the test? How would you convince the "Captive" that you're a mean person and that they shouldn't choose you to replace them?
    As mean as this sounds, I'll emotionally abuse them, if I'm allowed to ask prior to this about their current life and frustrations, then I'll play on that, if that doesn't work I'll probably choke them, throw them around, and no matter what they say or how hard they beg I'll keep hurting them, I'll humiliate them terrify them the last thing I'd do Is maybe shove my hand down their throat OR puncture their eyes
    2. What would you do in this situation? If you could talk to your five fellow candidates in advance, is there anything you would say? Is there a solution to this scenario?
    Tell everyone to do nothing. I have no solution, I'd probably tell everyone to be nice and them abuse the captive <-<
    3. If you became a "Captive" do you have any strategies to convince people to be nicer to you? Would you be able to tell which of the candidates are "nice" and which are purely acting? Could you condemn the nicest person to take your place? Or would you risk condemning a mean/violent person who might kill you during the revisit?
    I'd a cruel or violent person, it's ok if I lose my life honestlyyyyyy
    4. If the average person was in this scenario, do you think they would be mean or nice? Do you think the average person is capable of being violent/cruel to a stranger? How many people do you think would "fail" because they refuse to participate?
    I don't really feel that there is a truly average human, the definition of average doesn't really exist, some will value their own lives more than others and some will enjoy doing something like that tbh

13. yanpi

yanpi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as a candidate. dont use the 1 hour time, go in , tell the captive if he chooses you, you will kill him/her in the revisit. tell him/her that in the first minute and go out as quickly as possible with minimum damage. theres only 20% chance he will choose you. torturing or hurting them more will make your chance to be chosen more.

or talk to him more in a hour and say all the kindest word available,

if this captive still choses you so, either kill him or not, depending on your conscience. just think that luck is not your side.

as a captive. you are 99% fucked! either you go with them to hell or be lucky that someone will replace you.