[Poll] How often do you cry?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 18, 2019.

Tags:
?

How often do you cry?

1. I'm male - Multiple times per day

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I'm male - Once every day

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. I'm male - Once every few days

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm male - Once every week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm male - Once every few weeks

3 vote(s)
    3.2%
  6. I'm male - Once every month

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  7. I'm male - Once every few months

3 vote(s)
    3.2%
  8. I'm male - Multiple times per year

9 vote(s)
    9.6%
  9. I'm male - Once every year

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. I'm male - Once every few years

4 vote(s)
    4.3%
  11. I'm male - Very rarely

15 vote(s)
    16.0%
  12. I'm male - I almost never cry

16 vote(s)
    17.0%
  13. I'm male - I've never cried in my life

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  14. I'm female - Multiple times per day

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  15. I'm female - Once every day

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. I'm female - Once every few days

4 vote(s)
    4.3%
  17. I'm female - Once every week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. I'm female - Once every few weeks

3 vote(s)
    3.2%
  19. I'm female - Once every month

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  20. I'm female - Once every few months

4 vote(s)
    4.3%
  21. I'm female - Multiple times per year

11 vote(s)
    11.7%
  22. I'm female - Once every year

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  23. I'm female - Once every few years

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  24. I'm female - Very rarely

8 vote(s)
    8.5%
  25. I'm female - I almost never cry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  26. I'm female - I've never cried in my life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  27. I do not wish to answer

5 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. orematcha

orematcha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. How often do you cry?
    Rarely, I don't really remember.
    2. What makes you cry?
    not always, but mostly because of some bad memories or when that time of the month comes and I've a bad day. I cried a lot while watching Doraemon movies when I was a kid. T^T
    3. How long do you cry each time that you cry?
    maybe 5-10 minutes
    4. Is crying good for you?
    well, I mostly feel better after crying.
    5. How do you like to be treated by other people who encounter you when you are crying?
    I would appreciate if they leave me or don't try to talk to me when I'm crying..

2. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    1. How often do you cry?
    Well I'm a crybaby so rather often but more as of late cuz the weather isn't helping and I seem to be consuming media that makes me tear up. But there are months when I just don't cry.

2. What makes you cry?
    Usually when I feel sad or very touched from life events, watching shows/dramas/movies, reading novels/comics......or if it's too windy/dry out.... Or if I'm upset....or if I'm scared... or if I'm in pain...
    Like day before was crying over this YouTube video cuz the YTber so nice giving money to people who need it. Then I kept crying cuz I kept watching his videos doing that.
    I also tend to cry when in novels the baby gets killed. Like why the babbyyy :cry:

If it's dry out, pretty long.... Though I'm not really surprised if I cry for like a short few minutes or long time like an hour.

Well :hmm: they're good for my eyes.. not so helpful when I get a runny nose

5. How do you like to be treated by other people who encounter you when you are crying?
    lf I'm upset crying, I wish ppl would just stop yelling at me and arguing cuz I just cry more . But if it's everything else crying, I like hugs and tissues.

3. arashi-chan12

arashi-chan12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. How often do you cry?
    Rarely
    2. What makes you cry?
    When I get distressed to my breaking point, but I usually bottle everything inside so it takes a while to actually cry for myself.

When I watch sad/touching videos and stories, though this doesn't occur often as well. Past few months I've been watching animal videos on YouTube on a channel called Kritter Club tho, and those were pretty effective lol.

Most times, when I feel like I'm going to cry my brain is like, "oh crap, you're crying." And it stops almost immediately. When I'm distressed, I've never timed myself before so I don't know lol. Not too long tho but it depends on how crappy I feel.

Yeah. It helps release the negative emotions. If not release, then it at least helps me express myself. When I realize "oh, I'm sad," and get that feeling of acknowledgment (even if it's only from myself) I feel a lot better. Then if I'm feeling productive I can start thinking of what I can do so I stop feeling sad.

Just... Ignore me. It's not like I'm crying because I want your pity or compassion. No I don't feel like talking, I just want to cry for now so let me cry, leave me alone and I'll take care of it and return to normal after like, a day or so. Yup.

4. TakenAway

TakenAway Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. How often do you cry?
    Very rarely

2. What makes you cry?

It depends on the situation, but it would take a considerable amount of distress.
    Or if I am mentally exhausted and I somehow unleashed my repressed feelings.

A while, maybe a few minutes.
    Hard to quantify something when there's barely any data.

Crying has never solved any of my issues, so I don't think its an overwhelmingly beneficial action.
    I don't remember being relieved after crying, because if anything its just a reminder of how dire the situation at hand is.

On the off chance I was actually found, I would still rather be left alone.
    I would be furious if one would attempt any physical attempt to comfort me, even more if I was harassed under this state.
    A simple talk could be fine. Yet if it turns out into a meaningless sermon, best expect that it would quickly turn into a violent situation.

5. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    1. How often do you cry?
    Rarely, except if i'm in my bi-monthly angst story galore.
    2. What makes you cry?
    angst stories, looking at my bank account, the world, et cetera

A minute or less than that. I grew up in a culture where crying is not acceptable, so i'm not used to express my sadness in the form of crying. Now i know better than that, but crying for too long still feels uncomfortable

Yep. It feels really refreshing.

Gimme a cheesecake and an earl grey, then leave me alone, please:blobmelt:

6. I Ship anything cute

I Ship anything cute [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
    1. How often do you cry?
    Too often <-<
    2. What makes you cry?
    Anything ranging from something like the death of a character to stress and anger or just pure tiredness (and my own thoughtsss)
    Sometimes it's just short bursts and sometimes it's a long suffering sort of thing that can last hoursss
    Usually the way I cry, in which I choke any and all sound from even coming close to leaving my throat, which really hurts and doesn't satisfy my need to cry at all, however I'm too used to not making any sound when I cry <-<.
    When I cry my feelings only get more amplified and by the time I'm done I'll feel much, much worse
    hmmm, on one hand I'd really like to say warmly but I know that being treated kindly always makes me want to cry harder and doesn't help the way I'm feeling at all. Being ignored would be too weird. I guess if someone meets me when I'm crying, I'd like it if they could give me a hugggg