[Poll] Will you summon dragon babies to repopulate the dragon species?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 30, 2019.

Tags:
?

Will you summon dragon babies to repopulate the dragon species?

1. I'm male - Yes, I'll spend 200% effort to repopulate dragons mass-production style

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. I'm male - Yes, I'll spend 100% effort to raise dragon population to stable values

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. I'm male - Yes, I'll try to repopulate dragons, but without compromising my values

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. I'm male - Yes, I'll leisurely try to repopulate dragons, even if we don't breed enough

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm male - Yes, but I want to raise each summoned baby like my own child

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. I'm male - Yes, but I only want to summon kids to create a family

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I'm male - Yes, but I only want to summon a few babies I carefully picked

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  8. I'm male - Yes, but I would only summon an apprentice or successor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I'm male - No, I think it is pointless

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I'm male - No, I think it is too troublesome

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. I'm male - No, I think it goes against my values

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. I'm male - No, I would rather do something else with my last years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. I'm male - No, other reason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. I'm female - Yes, I'll spend 200% effort to repopulate dragons mass-production style

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. I'm female - Yes, I'll spend 100% effort to raise dragon population to stable values

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. I'm female - Yes, I'll try to repopulate dragons, but without compromising my values

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. I'm female - Yes, I'll leisurely try to repopulate dragons, even if we don't breed enough

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  18. I'm female - Yes, but I want to raise each summoned baby like my own child

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  19. I'm female - Yes, but I only want to summon kids to create a family

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. I'm female - Yes, but I only want to summon a few babies I carefully picked

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. I'm female - Yes, but I would only summon an apprentice or successor

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  22. I'm female - No, I think it is pointless

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  23. I'm female - No, I think it is too troublesome

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  24. I'm female - No, I think it goes against my values

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  25. I'm female - No, I would rather do something else with my last years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  26. I'm female - No, other reason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  27. I'm unsure

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  28. I do not wish to respond

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsnow::blobsnow::blobsnow: This is more of an open-response poll. Dragon poll #5!

You are the last dragon to exist in your world. You are approaching ten million years old and nearly at the end of your (extended) lifespan. When you die, the entire dragon race will become extinct.

Fortunately, you are a powerful dragon with many abilities and techniques.

You rampaged over the Earth a few times and exterminated humanity once or twice.

Life has gotten sort of boring, and you are considering whether you should repopulate your species.

+ + +

You perused through the massive library of books you wrote (you've lived so long that you often forget a lot of things you've done), and you dug out your old research notes on creating/summoning dragons. You thoroughly studied this topic hundreds of thousands of years ago, and you are confident that you covered every single possibility that is feasible under the laws of the universe.

The most realistic method to repopulate the dragon species is as follows:

Step 1. Summon recently dead Otherworlders to your planet

Step 2. Stuff their souls into a meticulously engineered dragon egg of your own design

Step 3. Raise the Otherworlders as dragons

Step 4. Get the Otherworlders to breed with each other to repopulate the dragon species
    The primary bottleneck in this process is the Otherworlder summoning ritual, which consumes a ridiculous amount of mana. Consequently, you can only summon one random Otherworlder once every few days. The Otherworlder that appears is entirely random and you have no control over what sort of person they will be, or where they came from.

Given that you expect to have only a few hundred years to live, you have to carefully choose how you will spend your remaining energy and time.

You can add a few additional steps into this process if you like. For instance, you could:

• Interview the Otherworlders after summoning them before inserting them into an egg (or kill them if you dislike them)
    • You could adjust the features of the dragon that will be born as
    • You could erase the memories of the Otherworlders
    • You could put some sort of spell on the Otherworlders
    • And more...

There are numerous unspecified limitations to your magical abilities, and it's a little bit too complicated to go into the details. However, many "conventional" magical things can be easily performed (e.g. fireball, telekinesis, teleport, lightening). If it sounds "game-breaking" or "OP", it likely isn't possible in the laws of this universe.

There is not enough time left in your life to teach all of your knowledge to a successor. The best you can do is leave your giant library behind, but it is highly unlikely there will be a dragon who has the vast amount of magical power that you do... at least any time soon.

If you want to leave your legacy behind, the best you can do is create a stable population of reproducing dragons, and maybe one day in the distant future a powerful dragon soul with great potential will be born (1 in a billion chance), and they will be able to take advantage of your studies.
    1. Would you summon dragon babies? Would you be selective? How many would you aim for? How would you handle this process?

2. Would you treat your summoned dragon babies as your own kids? Or would you try to breed as many as possible?

3. What is your vision for this world for the next 10,000 years after you're gone? Would you form a culture or society or political or religious system for your dragons? Or will you implement a lawless "might-makes-right" society?

4. How would you choose a successor to inherit your knowledge?

5. Are you afraid of death? What do you want to achieve before you go? Will you die happily?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  2. AlieAHey

AlieAHey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would summon dragon babies and raise them as my own, I would aim for a moderate amount and teach them how to repopulate the dragon species. I would interview the Otherworld souls before inserting them into a custom egg and dragon body that fits their type. Memory wiping is not necessary, I will see which souls can have a chance at a new life, even if they had done something bad before on the other world. I don’t really have an idea for a successor as all of my dragon babies can be considered as successors. I would like to be cremated when I die and use a spell to create gems or jewels from my ashes for the children, one for each child, so that I would always be with them.

lychee likes this.
  3. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    I summon The Black Stone of Legend and active the effect, tribute this card and special summon Red-Eyes B. Dragon. Activate spell card from my hand Double Summon and i normal summon Elemental HERO Blazeman, Its effect activate and i add Polymerization from my deck
    Use Polymerization and use Elemental HERO Blazeman and Red-Eyes B. Dragon as fusion material and special summon Red-Eyes Slash Dragon.
    From my hand i activate Black Metal Dragon and equip Red-Eyes B. Dragon (Red-Eyes Slash Dragon become Red-Eyes B. Dragon in name only due to its own effect) as an equip spell card and raise the equipped monster ATK by 800 point.
    I set 1 card face down
    I end my turn

4. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Would you summon dragon babies? Would you be selective? How many would you aim for? How would you handle this process?
    Lets summon them and only pick the one that want stable life and curious about world
    Of course I will handle this summon by my self and dozen magical spell so they can't lie.

Probably I will try summon people like @lychee and make it as standard
    2. Would you treat your summoned dragon babies as your own kids? Or would you try to breed as many as possible?

First 10.000 will have full memory of they past life, while 1000 will have it's memory wiped and 200 is made from artificially soul as keeper.

3. What is your vision for this world for the next 10,000 years after you're gone? Would you form a culture or society or political or religious system for your dragons? Or will you implement a lawless "might-makes-right" society?

Well... This was hard, but I will try make a technocracy society that pursuit knowledge.

Well I will chose 2 way, first if they have almost same personality as mine and second is they very skilled... But I will keep one conditions, my successor must have low interest at outer world, basically they will not intervene not very big event

5. Are you afraid of death? What do you want to achieve before you go? Will you die happily?

Of course I afraid death in RL, but here I will cast reincanation magic that make my soul hard to destroy and my memory will never fade.. after that I can died happily

lychee likes this.
  5. SilverCrow63

SilverCrow63 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems easy enough. I would summon Otherworlders, wipe their memories, and place them into genetically different dragon bodies. On second thought, I will place genetically similar dragons into family units. It might waste mana used for summoning but it would be useful summoning some form of caretaker for each family unit like a golem, programming them to take care of baby dragons. Then once these dragons grow old enough to learn, I will teach them essential dragon magic and dragon society rules. For those that ask for more knowledge, I would allow them into my library. Before I die, I will inbue my memories into an extremely powerful golem with as much accumulated mana as possible with the order to give my library to my successor and grant dragons its wisdom in times of crisis.

The only spell I would set on the dragons would be a permanent lock on regaining their former memories. Even if I did erase it, it's better to be safe with this. Then, I will set a mild compulsion spell, that would compell any dragon that did not leave behind it's bloodline to do so before death. Since it's mild, it's hard to detect and can be resisted by those with strong will. Even so, over time populations will reach normal values.

Being able to resist my spells is one criteria for my successor. Whether it's the spell on the dragon's bodies or the spells to my library. Another would be sufficient mana to use my library to the fullest. Another would be an age requirement, to be young enough to learn all the knowledge I can offer. They must be clever and thirst for knowledge. They must be able to resist momentary passions like lust or infatuation. Finally, the young one must be filled with love for their fellow dragons. Essentially, someone who will not doom the dragon race.

I will try my best to set up a functional society and hope my golems can keep it this way.

If I have lived as long as I have as a dragon, when the time comes I believe I can accept it. I will live life enjoying the simple happinesses and when I die I only hope to be surrounded by those I love. Hypocritical considering what I did to create these young dragons but.... a person can not live life completely alone.

lychee likes this.
  6. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As a fellow Duelist (currently using a Performapal/Odd-Eyes deck), this is the best response in this thread.

Harry likes this.
  7. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, for some, around 300? Is that enough? Probably not... Be selective with my first thirty and have them be the leaders who keep their memories. Then summon a lot more and erase their memories, leaving them as basically infants my carefully selected individuals raise.

No, but grandchildren sure.

Ugh, too much work and thinking and grand vision. I picked my 30 select individuals with love, friendship, trust, and peace in mind. That said, I know that almost never works out. So....sort of a neutral shades of grey outlook. Also, a lot of them like my little pony.

Splitting all the knowledge among my 30 carefully selected individuals, then taking a copy of it and putting all of it behind a seal that only another great dragon like myself can open.

Yes, I'm afraid. Feeling fufilled and ready to see what's beyond. Maybe, probably, hopefully.