[Poll] Would you accept a fake marriage?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Nov 4, 2019.

Tags:
?

How much money would entice you to accepting the fake marriage?

1. 1,000,000X monthly minimum wage per month

14 vote(s)
    19.7%
  2. 100,000X monthly minimum wage per month

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. 10,000X monthly minimum wage per month

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. 1000X monthly minimum wage per month

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. 500X monthly minimum wage per month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 250X monthly minimum wage per month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 100X monthly minimum wage per month

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  8. 50X monthly minimum wage per month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 30X monthly minimum wage per month

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  10. 20X monthly minimum wage per month

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  11. 10X monthly minimum wage per month

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  12. 5X monthly minimum wage per month

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  13. 3X monthly minimum wage per month

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  14. 2X monthly minimum wage per month

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  15. 1X monthly minimum wage per month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. 0.5X monthly minimum wage per month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. 0.25X monthly minimum wage per month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. I would accept - I don't need to be paid anything

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
  19. I would accept - And I would even pay them!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. I refuse - For ethical reasons

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  21. I refuse - For practical reasons

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
  22. I refuse - For religious reasons

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
  23. I refuse - For sentimental reasons

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  24. I refuse - Because I don't know them well enough

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  25. I refuse - Because I don't trust them

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  26. I refuse - For other reasons

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  27. I'm unsure

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  28. I do not wish to answer

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    The devil lays in the details.
    So acording to it my wife (client) would be able to publicly cheat on me, while i just have to stand there and let it pass. With everyone i know talking behind my back, while my wife cheat on me.
    That would not be a plesant experience.
    So The Devil lays in the details.

Well it might not be so bad if i can watch it happen live,æ.

2. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't a lot of nations allows investment citizen cards ? Invest enough, and they allow you to become a citizen , few questions asked.

1. Well it depends on whether I need to maintain my current lifestyle, or go into a much more expensive 'level', as i'm not really sure how much money I would make and need as a consultant. I'm not saying I might not do it for free, but I would have way more demands and requests that way, and I would still need a financial 'allowance' to help them along, but whether I ask them to pay something way more often or be paid is a different thing. Though i'm curious as to whether she would be homosexual, because she's more attracted to her gender, or because she really hates / despises most males or some other reason ? Because one thing I would ask about is whether there would be opportunities for me with their lover, provided they're not totally in love, she really hates most men, and wants to be nowhere near a bedroom with one naked. But if it would be okay, and her lover is atleast somewhat bi, there would be three benefits 1) She's already keeping the secret , due to already being with my 'wife' 2) One less person to risk letting out the secret is always good 3) It's probably a lot easier to cover their much time together just the two of them if I were to actually join them, because most people wouldn't assume something i'm mentioning would happen. And well, if there's anything R-18 has taught me , someone totally gay can become atleast bi-curious with enough exposure to skillful pleasure. Which would mean a much happier marriage.

2. Probably somewhat different. Depending on whether she already has someone she fancies and who knows about the situation, it might become interesting. Adaptations would have to occur, but must could probably be overcome for some time atleast.

3. Fake dating or lovers would probably require less time actually faking it, mostly for visiting or faking 'romantic' events.

4. Not really sure what they would need just compensated dating for, other than to show off that they're dating someone, which is to either keep someone away or delay something.

kkgoh likes this.
  3. Devil Heart

Devil Heart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would do it if they give a million and more for a month (minimum) and everytime we need to meet his parents or require any acting from my part he needs to add more money and if it involves kids or I'm pregnant more and more money to compensate me

Idk why but i am not very optimistic about my love life if I'm at the age of 30 and still don't get a boyfriend or a person to marry then i would consider this

And I'm totally okay with him being homo and all cause i like to read yaoi and shonen ai omg maybe i could see a live action lol but yeah no intimacy and whatsoever from me unless it's only acting and money involve

4. jgfenix

jgfenix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My main problem would be points 1-3: she asks me to be a good father for her kid while saying that we can get divorced at any moment's notice. I can't play with a kid's feelings like that.

Lonelycity and Lurking like this.
  5. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd never do this in real life, but if it was the plot of some transmigration novel I got stuck in, sure.

Consider it a favor, live and work as I've always had, make friends with the kid and hope I don't have too many family members/friends on my side trying to goad me into visiting with my new "husband." While he does what he wants, I'll just do my job and iono, find someone else I might like in the meantime for life after the divorce.

No fake dating or lovers or that compensated stuff please, I like my freedom.

lychee likes this.
  6. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    Quick question. What if I bang the girl the wife was having relations with?

7. Asakust

Asakust Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What currency are we talking about? Your current country's currency or dollar?

8. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, my personal views are quite close to this.

:blobpats::blobpats::blobpats: I wouldn't change the scenario just for you, but I appreciate this kind of thought.

I'm actually really quite touched by the number of people who were thinking of the kid.

:blobtriumph::blobtriumph::blobtriumph: Fine, if you need it written down in paper, it can be done that way!

Sure! Although I needed something to make the scenario work somehow; so pretend the immigration laws are extremely strict.

This is a pretty good point; I feel like a lot of people answered the poll from the perspectives of their own incomes, but consultants in general make a fair amount of money already. I agree with you that the frame of reference would be different.

I have a headcanon, but she wouldn't be comfortable talking about it right now. Those details are somewhat irrelevant to the contractual relationship, at least in her opinion. The bottom line is that she isn't interested in sexual relations with you.

She wouldn't be happy with you. She's a little possessive with regards to her own love life, and she has zero intention to involve you in it. If you got involved with her lover, she would view that as a form of NTR and be upset.

The client cares about her own kid (and her family) -- it's unlikely that they would pursue a divorce until the kid is out of the nest and/or the extended family is gone since they intend to remain closeted to the family.

Of course, the divorce option needs to remain open from their perspective in case they misjudged you and you're not a suitable spouse.

*nods* totally understand!

The currency is in your country's minimum wage units.

DragonMage18 likes this.
  9. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, if I would get someone who would accept to be with me, I wouldn't mind going without compensation, but then again since it will be a family, I would need funds to support said family... And at my current state of minimal pay+loan repayments, I wouldn't quite be able to support anyone...

10. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering that immigration fraud is a crime, I would need it to be a lot. If they could provide some guarantee against getting caught, it wouldn't need to be much

11. PaladinWolf

PaladinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I refuse for ethical practical sentimental and religious reasons this sounds like nothing but misery for everyone involved

12. frozenlimabeans

frozenlimabeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hell yea, I could even get inspiration to draw and I'd love to meet his boyfriend sometime and we'd all be friends

lychee likes this.
  13. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would do it and help him get a partner for when the old people die. Then divorce. Same sex marriage is legal in my country. So he could get remarried.

lychee likes this.
  14. 10kbytes

10kbytes Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, i'll be fine with 5x minimum wage, but since she's filthy rich, i'll take 10x minimum wage. Personally, i don't like marriage, but since this deal give me the married status, i'll take it. I don't really care about appearance, perhaps it's affected by the fact that i'm not looking for partner. Don't get me wrong, i am sexually attracted to women, i occasionally visit brothel or massage parlor. I can only see profits in this deal.

15. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    1. How much money do they have to offer for you to consider the deal? Why (not)? Would you have conditions of your own?
    I would simply not accept the deal. No amount of money that a human could offer would be worth going through this kind of thing.

2. If you accepted, how would you imagine your lifestyle?
    I would likely have a decline in my mental health and accidentally tell people about it being fake. I am not good at lying.

3. Would you consider "fake dating" or "fake lovers" if not a fake marriage?
    Sure, as long as I don't have to lie about things to my family, it might be fine.

4. What about compensated dating (without any sexual component)?
    Sounds like a pain and I could probably invest my time towards something else to further my career instead. I won't do work I don't like after all.

16. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk, the bigger the money the more my brain can't comprehend it.
    I want a fake doctor certificate that says i'm infertile, so they won't expect any child from me.

2. If you accepted, how would you imagine your lifestyle?
    Interview.. "babe, if you want this to work we gotta know each other habit. Now, do you have any allergies? Hobby? Some family stories you'd tell your lover?"
    Awkward... "i got to trick my boss' boss (parent)" "my parent think i finally have a love life but it's just a job"
    How tf to handle kids

3. Would you consider "fake dating" or "fake lovers" if not a fake marriage?
    Yup. Just tell em i'm shy so I don't like PDA so we act like friends, but with the status lover.

4. What about compensated dating (without any sexual component)?
    no. Dating involved going to dating places. I get carsick. In no 3, we have to put on a show for the parents, so it's better to date at home.

Edit: formatting

17. ArashiKitsune

ArashiKitsune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would depend honestly, can I get along with them not only professionally but also personally?

What about their child, what kind of child are they? The spoiled brat? The cute kind? Obedient? Etc.

The length of time also comes into play, since in my country you would probably spend more than half of your life perhaps even until after retirement together before the grand parents die and they would want to see a child before they die.

And when looking at a traditional family they would kind of expect a child within a few years otherwise they would start to question things. What will they do then?

I personally don't mind the nonsexual relationship since there's the internet and I'm getting paid. But how will we act in private? Will we also act romantic then? I doubt we would be able to act like newly weds or people in an actual relationship unless we actually incorporate it into our normal lives or we are extremely good actors, grandparents are quite good at judging I would say. Additionally even if the grandparents don't notice the child probably will.

18. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Already sorta happened. Quite often, life is stranger than fiction.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-19733003
    Eventually the father withdrew the offer, although he still refused to acknowledge his daughter's wife.

Some aspects of the scenario don't make too much sense though.
    -- If they are that rich, getting citizenship is super easy (i.e. they don't need YOU specifically).
    It's called the US EB-5. Drop $1MM, make sure X number of jobs are created for Y years, and tadah, Uncle Sam gives you a green card after a few more steps. Green cards are renewable on expiration. Similar programs exist in pretty much every country in the world.
    [​IMG]

-- The kid seems kinda odd.
    I don't claim to know how most homosexual people live their lives, but to have a kid out of wedlock when their family is super traditional (and they are still going through all these lengths to appease the grandparents) doesn't seem to make sense.
    The kid would've been aborted if their family was that traditional, or that would've been a shotgun wedding, and it'd have been easily disclosed who the kid's other parent was.
    Sperm bank donor wouldn't make sense if their family was that traditional either.

Feels like you're combining "Crazy Rich Asians", "The Farewell" and "The Proposal / Green Card" into a singular plot ....

The key question is really to figure out how much money would a person want, in exchange for betraying any possible personal ethics they might have.
    And you're constantly varying what this ethic is for all your polls.
    If there's anything we've learned from the current divisive world political climate (incl. US), it's that everyone's bottom line is VEEERRY different.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    ongoingwhy and lychee like this.
  19. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the traditional family's perspective on abortion (as well as the client's beliefs).

Also, the math comes out to the kid when the client was around 18/19 -- which is an age where the client could have cut ties with family or acted independently.

It's also not unheard of people who cut ties from the family when they are young to rekindle them later.

kkgoh likes this.
  20. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So this person realized they were homosexual and came out AFTER having the kid.
    I guess that happens often enough. *cough* Caitlyn Jenner

I think the common question to all your polls would be how much money would it take to "betray" your personal ethics (if you had one).
    All depends on what money is worth to you (in relation to the personal ethic), and what you can do with it.

Call me a martyr, but I'd blow Trump in a heartbeat if you gave me billions and I'd get to use that money for the greater good of humanity/family. And I'm not homosexual.
    In this particular instance where it involves marrying someone and effectively betraying a loved one, for me the answer is no amount would be worth it.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    lychee likes this.