Discussion [Poll] Yuri, Yaoi, Everything or nothing ? Or Traps ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Naraku, Feb 9, 2018.

?

So, what's your answer ?

1. Yaoi/BL

64 vote(s)
    30.3%
  2. Yuri

83 vote(s)
    39.3%
  3. Traps

41 vote(s)
    19.4%
  4. Everything (so open !)

34 vote(s)
    16.1%
  5. None, just full straight

56 vote(s)
    26.5%
  6. Hmm... I felt like I forgot a choice...

21 vote(s)
    10.0%
  7. Ah right. Non-humanoid creatures (Maybe I shouldn't put it...)

48 vote(s)
    22.7%
  8. Reverse traps (For Ai-Chan~)

31 vote(s)
    14.7%
  9. Food (why not ?)

25 vote(s)
    11.8%
  10. In the end, the title has no links with a lot of the choices...

15 vote(s)
    7.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Parpaing

Parpaing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm talking about light novels ??????? How about you tell me what pro yuri novels you read ?

idk where you got that if you take western novels you might find the characters to be a bit bland to make people relate to them, I was talking about how for example in yuri novels, all women are friends and can do no wrong, unproportionally lesbian, there's no courtship required for either of the characters, and worst of all, they don't act like a couple in any way, they don't even have any chemistry.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2018
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Light Novels already have a proper team with editors helping the author out and they are usually written by more established authors. Web Novels are the ones from complete amateurs.

As for me? So far I have only found Gender Bender WNs that got my interest, so that doesn't count much as GL, I generally go for mangas instead.

Try Honey Crush, Eventually I Will Become Yours or Dear My Teacher to name a few, pretty well written ones.
    Wow, you really read terrible novels...

I have saw things similar to this in one gender bender or another, in which the MC just gets a yuri harem for no reason in particular, but never saw anything remotely close to that in any proper GL work...

I suggest you improve your inner filter, because you really picked terrible things to read.

Moonpearl likes this.
  3. Parpaing

Reading List:
    Link
    LNs and WNs are written by the same type of people, below 30 with very little life experience, essentially shitting out low quality Young Adult novels at a very low cost, essentially amateurs paid peanuts to dish out as many LNs as possible in the shortest amount of time. Of course that doesn't mean that there wouldn't be a gem every once in a while.

4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, talk about someone that generalizes all authors without even being able to name a single one that fits their description.

*shrugs* I rest my case.

5. Parpaing

Reading List:
    Link
    The exact same thing is happening to today's marvel comics, as for my examples you could just take ANY action novel, like Death March, Arifureta, to quote only the most famous novels.

6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhn... No, that's not how backing your claims works.

You said they are people below 30 with little to no life experience shitting low quality young adult novels... So, this is what you would need to do.

First, you should find out the author's name.
    Then you'd need to search for their age.
    Then you'd need to look for interviews to see if they have no life experience.
    Then you'd need to look for professional reviews to see if they are low quality.
    And at some point in the middle of that you'd discover that LN and YA are not the same, as YA is kept separate from LNs on Japan.

What you're doing is basically making a huge generalization... Ah, and you called a Slice of Life novel as Action, which is... Well, laughable?

Shows how much research you did before making these generalizations.

7. Parpaing

Reading List:
    Link
    DUDE, it's f-ing japan, of course they have no life experience, and would you actually call the novels I quoted as Slice of Life ? #NotALL

8. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    That's still not a valable argument... >.>
    That's not because the author is japanese he has no life/love/other experience... >.>
    Also another worthless generalization.

Blitz and AliceShiki like this.
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, such a wonderful argument! Let's generalize the situation of everyone in a single country! \(^^)/
    Death March is a classic example of Slice of Life novel... Rather, it's The classic example of Slice of Life.

Arifureta... Dunno, never checked it out.

10. Parpaing

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you actually seen japan ? It's sanitized to death, the probability that someone would actually have had a rich life is extremely low, then they would also have to want to have an exhausting job writing all day long after having had so much action, you'd also have to reduce it even further because they might not be the type of people the company wants to hire : Below 30 jobless somewhat talented at grinding out novels day in day out.

How am I wrong though ? Except for Muh Generalisation, tell me how they could possibly get action in their life when there's barely any crime and their whole early life revolves around doing well at school then working at an office job, now this is generalisation, yes but there's not much room for alternative paths and office jobs are the backbone of japan's economy.

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    So... According to you ...

Life Experience = Getting Robbed or Having a non-office job?

Seems like a pretty close-minded view, life experience revolves a lot on your own family situation and how you interact with people around you on a day-to-day basis IMO. Even going through bullying is a life experience... *shrugs*

12. Parpaing

Reading List:
    Link
    nice strawman you got there. i'll let you think about what I mean.

13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    When it comes to the GL we have on NU, there are quite a few novels that fit that description. I don't know if the main couple get development as the story goes on, but there's a tendency for the characters to like each other almost instantly, more or less begin the relationship within a few days, and have that relationship based on little more than "she's so moe~!". (Even some of my favourites are like this.)
    We do have novels that aren't like this at all, though, and I know I've read novels in other genres that have this exact problem too.
    But maybe because we don't have a lot to pick from here, or maybe because those novels all tend to be the exact same setting and storyline (transported to game world), I think it's felt more keenly for yuri.

AliceShiki likes this.
  15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmm, most of the GL mangas I have read were Slice of Life on modern day settings, so I don't know have much reference of isekai GL...

It does feel a bit sad to have characters fall in love with each other almost at first sight, but having them slowly developing as proper characters makes it acceptable IMO.

Ideally, it would take time for them to get into an actual relationship though~

Moonpearl likes this.
  16. Ichigocheesecake

Ichigocheesecake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as a straight girl i find yaoi cute. as for yuri... definite no

17. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't get too out of topic please

18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Sowwy... :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

19. Christian Leontsinis

Christian Leontsinis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Girls and fags likes boys coincidence?

Keep telling yourself that

20. Corensi

Corensi Maiden of Purity

Reading List:
    Link
    Me to my friends when asked about my sexuality: "Who cares, I swing all ways anyway."

And this applies to what I read to. As long as the romance and plot is to my liking, then I'll probably read it.

I literally don't see gender as a problem in love anymore. Even in the bedroom, since the evolution of technology has blessed us with methods to overcome that :cookie:

AliceShiki likes this.