PS4 store discounts: hidden gem Sleeping Dogs.

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by elengee, Jun 23, 2021.

1. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there's quite a few good games for cheap right now, Deus Ex, Metal Gear Solid 5 and Tomb raider for 5 euro for instance, but i assume these games are well-known.

Now, the game i had recently been obsessed with was Yakuza, which also happens to be somewhat discounted right now. But after this series i googled 'games similar to' and some people were like 'GTA is the western version of Yakuza' and that isn't quite accurate, kept searching and found Sleeping Dogs.

It's somewhere in the middle of GTA gameplay with the cultural vibes and some gameplay elements that you'd have in a Yakuza game. It takes place in Hong Kong which is a mesh of english and chinese culture and characters will speak english but often curse or exclaim in chinese 'HAIYAAAAAA'. (food vendor "why don't you have a pork bun in your hand?!")

I had great fun exploring the different Chinatown esque areas and content related to how Triads work.
    Now i'm considering Maffia the game just to finish up the three main crime syndicate regions, lol.

Anyway, the funny bits are that your level in the game , is 'FACE' , gain enough face and you get discounts and new options become available. Now give yourself some face and get this hidden gem for 5 euro!~ :blobjoy:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  2. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    A man who never eats pork buns is never a whole man. :blobpeek: It's not really a hidden gem, my friend who doesn't play single player games knew about it. :blob_coffee:

elengee likes this.
  3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, the specific results i read while googling must've been exaggerating it a bit then, still the main question they asked 'where is Sleeping Dogs 2!?!'.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  4. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    It's as much a hidden gem as Dragon's Dogma. :blobsmirk: I guess any game that isn't as well known as Skyrim is considered a hidden gem to some people? :hmm: I doubt it's happening because their developers shut down and Square Enix owns the IP. :notlikeblob: It's not the first time they let a potential IP rot away. :blobsad:

elengee likes this.
  5. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, i just finished the Hitman trilogy and after the first one you can tell SE ditched them and they had to fire half the staff, reuse all the assets and it became a copy paste of a game. Weirdly enough it only became more popular after it.

When i see a game being released nowadays and i see SE i no longer feel like 'OH GOD YES' like i did when it was squaresoft or enix by themselves, now it's a 'how much did they actually do', feels like they just sponsor and release titles for other devs nowadays.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  6. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not really a hidden gem but it has gone under the radar. I played it on the pc long ago and really enjoyed it. It had it's fair share of comedic moments and enthralling story points. It also does a neat job in showcasing Hong Kong's culture.

Also it's not a new game but it ran surprisingly well on my old computer I had at the time.

elengee likes this.