Recommendations Published series like Harry Potter

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by I Eat Monsanto, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Valcnor

Valcnor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Iron Trial - The Magisterium series by Cassandra Clare

"Most kids would do anything to pass the Iron Trial. Not Callum Hunt. He wants to fail. All his life, Call has been warned by his father to stay away from magic. If he succeeds at the Iron Trial and is admitted into the Magisterium, he is sure it can only mean bad things for him. So he tries his best to do his worst – and fails at failing. Now the Magisterium awaits him — a place that’s both sensational and sinister, with dark ties to his past and a twisty path to his future. The Iron Trial is just the beginning, for the biggest test is still to come…"
    4 books are out with the fifth ending the series.
    I think this is the closest thing to harry potter out of my novels. Sword of Truth isn't really a school book but it is still good; Same with Wheel of Time both have over 10 books to the series.

2. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's technically had the trilogy completed even before publishing the first book. He's just done a lot of alterations and proofing. At least, that was the story he was telling in interviews when I decided to pick up the series just before the second book was published.

3. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Rick Riordan novel series

Greater thunder likes this.
  4. Jamsch

Jamsch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link