QIDIAN ad-wall, seriously? === Mega-merge ====

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Kylarin, Aug 1, 2017.

?

What are your thoughts on this?

1. I CALLLEEDDD IT THE WALL IS COMING!!!

37.4%
  2. Pteuh... Don't even mention their scumbag ass here on this holy ground...

25.5%
  3. Will stick around until pay wall comes then PITCHFORKSSS!!!

27.7%
  4. Meh as long as the paywall isn't too bad I'm all g (I'm also a rich 3rd generation chinese young mas

5.8%
  5. I don't even care anymore

24.6%
  6. Not another Qidian thread... nek me nao...

30.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twilight Fox

Twilight Fox 【Foxy】【Ayayayay!】

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree! Lets just Boycotte Qishit(FROM NOW ON! ON ALL NUF POSTS WE SHOULD CALL THEM QISHIT!). Let them eat thier ad walls.

Mangochic likes this.
  2. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    less? after throwing QI and GT on filter, my list feels even emptier now than before the whole mess where my NU page was filled things i didn't read just because they weren't interesting. heck, aside from maybe 3 novels, i don't even miss 'em, even a little bit. most of those novels i read were boring anyway and i only bothered due to the decent release speed. as for the other 3-ish, i don't miss them enough to compromise and pick 'em up again, but i do still mourn the loss.

edit: does kind of feel like things might be getting a little too merge happy, before a thread's had a chance to properly grow beyond 2 pages. just clicked on it from NU page and saw it got thrown into the mega thread and it felt like they're just trying to bury the very topic itself under the massive weight of all these pages now.

Jarrow likes this.
  3. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsalt::blob_coughblood::blobsalt:
    I'm all out of popcorn. :blobpensive:
    At least I can taste my blood and tears now. :blobsalt::blob_coughblood:

Wujigege likes this.
  4. sojyoscah

sojyoscah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Won't be long now

5. noire125

noire125 Belongs Nowhere

Reading List:
    Link
    You get 12 spirit stones from daily check-ins, requires 3 to skip. So if you're reading 1 or 4 story you can manage without watching any vid ads. If you really hate qidian, you can look for a ship, so you can sail out the free ocean. :blobmelt:

For ad walls though, touche qidian. It's more of a patreon subscriber thing, only you have to watch an ad or use spirit stones to get the bonus chapters. That people seem to miss because of their emotional outburst xD. As expected from a big company though, maximizing income/profit. I guess it is expected, you wouldn't risk going for international audience if you're not sure of profit. I wonder who told qidian that english translation of chinese novel is a big hit and a lucrative business.:cautious:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your ignorant optimism is just so cute. ISP's (including both Comcast and Spectrum) testified months ago that one of the many, many important reasons for scrapping the FTC's internet privacy rules was so they could scan customers data streams for PIM (Possibly Infringing Material) and bill the customers automatically for what they didn't already pay for. Lobbyists are currently in process of getting rightsholder permissions expanded or nullified to implement it, and the new chairman of the MPAA is already in talks about such 'enforcement licensing', and he just started his job last week:
    "In today's digital world, the mission and function of the MPAA are more important than ever. Chris has done a great job, and I'm excited to work with the member studios to continue to expand the global market for entertainment content while ensuring creators' rights are respected around the world."
    The Open Internet only works when the powers behind it work to keep it that way. That's no longer true, so bid your naive optimism goodby. QI owns a small piece of your ass already.

mrttao likes this.
  7. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ren did. He tried to make it work sanely and got burned by QI's rampant green, malice, and Chinese Business Ethics.

Mangochic likes this.
  8. noire125

noire125 Belongs Nowhere

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, he should have expected that. Guess he believed that big companies could have a heart. xD Of course their going to swallow every opportunity they can get, why would they let ren stand beside them, when they can stand alone. After all that's what being peerless means, which is the main theme of chinese novels.:LOL:

Jarrow likes this.
  9. LuftRauser

LuftRauser [Count LuftCula] [try to get active II]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh boi! The mega merged still alive? *What chapter is it?* *107??* Damn that's a lot of conversation. *Scrolling up* *sip mah coffee*

10. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much, though it still shows the standard contempt for anything but their own power. IF QI had worked through Ren and WW, tehy might have gone slower, but their monopoly would have been unquestioned. In reality, it was best for the public translations community to see how QI behaved badly in public, so community sentiment could be focused against them. There will probably be more Gravity's, but the sheer vitriol and contempt directed at them - coinciding with the number of people who have blacklisted QI and Gravity - will likely ensure that there are more anonymous rehosters then QI can deal with.

11. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AGREED. Heck, it wasn't even on the front page more then a few minutes before it got dumped and buried.

12. noire125

noire125 Belongs Nowhere

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for that chinese business ethics, damn it I got too engrossed. I have not that much of a hope for qidian's fall though, they already have a solid base, so they can freely do whatever they want. And I do know that there are a good amount of people that just simply doesn't give a damn. After all, most people opt for convenience. Having the whole chapter index show without loading a new page, simply scrolling down for next chapter, hidden comment section, etc.
    If I have to compare them to a different company in the entertainment industry, I would give it to EA. EA has been awarded as the worst company in america(twice), and yet they keep earning money year after year.

13. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, I'm surprised this is still alive! I wonder what the topic at hand is... Oh well.

:cookie::cookie::cookie:

14. Heimdallr

Heimdallr [I-don't-know-what-to-write-here]

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a question, how come the Novels that have been translated on lnmtl haven't been taken down?

15. facingtheworldasitis

facingtheworldasitis New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why don't you brats just follow along and support the author? Not everything in this life is free

QI_Meh likes this.
  16. Luneder

Luneder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because it doesn't support the author but their dime a dozen translators that work under a slave contract to make shitty translations. And even then it mostly goes in the pockets of the people up top.

Qidians parent company is getting sued for something like $100 mill over breaking a contract with another publisher so they are trying to get as much money as they can before it goes to settlement or court. They are trying to make themselves look better to the people above them so they do not end up on the chopping block considering they are riddled with problems even before all the stuff they did to piss off the readers.

MOHlt and mrttao like this.
  17. Fofofo

Fofofo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I sort of wonder what Qidians endgame plans are, if they even have any..

There is an inevitable paywall coming up, but with it being international they can't really control things like they do in China, pirated chapters would spread regardless of what they do, I guess any new money is good money to them, even if they take a shit on our faces in the process..

18. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why don't you try actually reading the thread instead of replying to what your imagination invented?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    MOHlt likes this.
  19. XenoRaku

XenoRaku 「Punished Lolicon」「Ugly Bastard」「Haunted」「NEET」

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Fujimaru24

Fujimaru24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    cant really say that QI holds any piece of my ass really..... i can survive even if its gone....
    but i can say though that my internet provider really has the greatest hold on my ass..... for all the free things i get online, i cant escape the fact that i pay for my internet.....my hobby isn't only reading chinese novels... you can say my hobby is leeching anything i cant get on the internet so if my internet provider demands something from me... i can only obey T_T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.