Question Question Hail the King

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Dkaepa, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Dkaepa

Dkaepa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi I would like to know if it pays to read Hail the King, because I saw some people recommending , then I saw that it has 500+ 5 stars, so I was excited thinking that the story would be good, but then I read the comments, and almost everyone they are talking bad of history, hence the question is worth reading?

here are some comments that catch my eye.
    (The story starts, but it goes downhill really fast. Somehow it manages to fall into every kind of xianxia cliche down the road, its not that I do not like xianxia type of novels on the contrary most of the novels that I read are in fact Chinese.)

(Villains with the intelligence of a monkey at best.)

(The novel becomes very repetitive: Enter "problem" -> Grind-> Resolve said "problem")

(Enemy eat. Bad mouths the Chambord Kingdom, Alexander says 'Dumbf ** k', "Go to hell, you can not look down on my chambord" Beats up the Enemy, Citizen "Hail the King!", Some random who-the-f ** k says "Oh wow, this Unknown (emphasize on the unknown) has big potential!" Then new enemy comes in. King destroys them and citizens goes "Hail the king" all over again OR if the enemy is stronger, a Diablo chapters just come out and make the MC stronger. Repeat the process.)

(But unfortunately, it's your typical CN where the MC is overly arrogant, every side character on the side of the MC is overly loyal, like so f ** king loyal their initial personality given to them at their introduction is destroyed and became a man puppet. For example, the character "Lampard?" (I can not remember anymore), compare him to chapter 1 and later chapter.
    His personality goes from Mysterious Master to Yes Man, and the other characters with strong personality, Yes all characters, not just him. Hell I can not even remember their names anymore since all of them are f ** king YES MAN PUPPETS. No personality of their own, they do not say "Wow, the king sure is great", "All hail the king", "What a kind king".)

(A slave to women
    Seeks to modernize anything he sees
    Delegates too much power
    Abhors local culture in the belief that it is too 'primitive')
    [/QUOTE]
    by the comments up to chap 100 is good but after that goes down hill.
    So I would like the help of the one who is reading to know if it pays to read Hail the King?
    is that I'm kind of tired of reading MC & villain with no brain and overly arrogant.

2. Lushwf

Lushwf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't hold me to this since it's second hand knowledge I've read on a *spoiler* thread for this novel when I'd started reading it a few years back.

It seems the kingdom building, romance... well pretty much any character building and depth takes a back seat and fizzles out early on in the novel. Afterwards it becomes something of a standard cultivation power trip / lone wolf MC taking on the world kind of thing. Can't find the link so you'll have to search around if you want more specifics.

That, + the very slow and sporadic update rate at times were why it was dropped from my reading lists.

Nino Sasou likes this.
  3. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with all those comments.

4. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm. . . .
    well i like it. . .
    just pretend you got pushed into it and read a couple of chapters. . .
    it won't hurt that much. . .

and for repetitiveness of it. . .
    well he is climbing up the ranks, same as his kingdom. . .

ps: welp ain't Life more repetitive than anything else? :blobthinkingsmirk::blobthinkingsmirk:
    jokes aside. .
    just give it a read.:blobokhand::blobokhand:

5. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I like the story. My only problem is reading the chapters. For some reason or another I always have problems bring the chapter up on my iPad. I don’t really care if the story is original and new. Really how many of those are their out there in reality. It is what it is. A transmigration gamer that reincarnated on a new world, but is connected to his gamer world. In the ends what it comes down to is it interesting. Yes. I believe so. Worst thing that could happen is that you find out that you don’t like it. You can always drop it and find something better.
    Good luck.

Lushwf likes this.
  6. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    Fortunately the reviews are spot on. You thought of kingdom/army building? Nope, when mc in pinch he will found something in diablo or became op to overcame the obstacle there
    Not to mention author have the worst naming sense

Dkaepa likes this.
  7. Lushwf

Lushwf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's true. It's rare that a novel introduces other IPs in a non-terrible way, such as the author *tried* to with Diablo in this novel. Instead it became a convenient plot-armor/deus ex machina even early on in the novel. He uses stuff from Diablo-verse to 'modify and upgrade' his own troops.

Dkaepa and Nino Sasou like this.
  8. Dkaepa

Dkaepa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks everyone for the help

9. slaider23

slaider23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    by the comments up to chap 100 is good but after that goes down hill.
    So I would like the help of the one who is reading to know if it pays to read Hail the King?
    is that I'm kind of tired of reading MC & villain with no brain and overly arrogant.[/QUOTE]

I've read the entire thing...went in to the raws and completed it... There are lots of cliches naturally but it doesn't really matter bcuz the setting + that diablo thing keeps it interesting in a way...only thing really worth complaining about is that the author really should have made the MC a little more intelligent (not saying he's an idiot as he figures out a lot of plots and schemes throughout the novel easily) but you don't have much of those moments where you can see him just sit on his thrown without him doing much like everything is all in control and calculation if u understand what i mean(Super smart calculative MC moments)...Almost all issues in this novel (the big issues) are solved by him using strength obtained from his diablo leveling everything else is solved by the soldiers he trains. Also there is kingdom/army building but its more like a religion as they blindly worship him like a god lol Romance is there although slow and couple plots twists are also there even towards the end. i recommend it, i can't say its the greatest but it will keep you interested in its own way.

Dkaepa likes this.
  10. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want my two cents on it, as someone who MTL'd the raws a couple of years ago after starting to read the story, I'll summarise my thoughts on it (as best I can from what I remember) as follows. It's a good, fun read. It's nothing earthbreaking, certainly, but I wouldn't say it's utter garbage either. If you don't try to overanalyse it or be overly cynical while reading it (which is what I would suggest when reading any Asian novel really), I think you could be happily surprised by it. Naturally, it might depend on how you read it (like marathoning it vs reading it whenever it updates).