Spoiler Quick Transmigration Cannon Fodder’s Record of Counterattacks

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kieshi, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Rinae

Rinae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That feeling when you check the thread everyday for spoilers but you find none .-. *cries*

2. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy skebabs

3. nakimushi

nakimushi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is known for its lack of romance (cries).

Mini Spoiler 1
    Not sure if anyone spoiled this previously but here's a brief context: Zheng Qing (former 2333) betrayed MC and escaped from the organisation. Tai Shu (Uncle/School Doctor) caught him after some amount of chasing, returned him to his body (giant-sized) and kept him captive, letting the dying Sea of Laws/Rules slowly eat away at him (incredibly painful). TS is doing this to prolong the Sea's lifespan.

What happened in somewhat recent chapters is that Tai Shu finally killed ZQ. But the moment he destroyed ZQ's soul, MC had a strange feeling so she suspected that ZQ isn't fully dead and did something to her. But no matter how much she checked her soul and asked other people like Tai Shu and Zhuang Zheng (Heart, as in the organ) to check, they couldn't find anything. MC isn't 100% sure but she trusts her instincts and suspects Tai Shu is lying to her that there's no signs of ZQ in her soul. So yeah, ZQ may or may not be dead!

Mini Spoiler 2
    ZQ left the organisation, MC spent some time using something like a mechanical backup system. After some twists and turns, she gets a new system (soul) who goes by 2333 at first, because that's MC's number, and later names himself Dan Qing. Even though they both don't quite trust each other entirely (does MC even trusts anyone entirely?), for example DQ isn't willing to be bound to her probably because he'll get obliterated along with her if anything goes wrong, and MC believes the organisation stuck him to her to monitor her, he's proving so far to be much more professional and helpful than ZQ was as a system.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  4. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @nakimushi thank you!:aww: I was actually warry to read this further until i have an inkling thatblasted system (ZQ) will get it’s comeuppance... i really hated that it betrayed MC and robbed her of all her hardwork... it may not be completely destroyed but at least it was punished... hoping for a more satisfying update from the author...

Poor_Hero likes this.
  5. nakimushi

Reading List:
    Link
    My pleasure! Haha I think that's one thing you don't have to worry about cos MC is quite vengeful. It's just that she knows how to bide her time till she gets strong enough before getting her revenge. While ZQ was still in captive, she asked Tai Shu several times if she could visit ZQ (his location while captive was only known to some higher ups) cos of schadenfreude. I guess she wants to rub his sufferings in his face. So even if TS didn't 'kill' ZQ, she'd definitely get her revenge as soon as she's strong enough.

Now I'm just worried that he's really hiding in her soul and will cause her more problems in the future =_=

Miki T and Poor_Hero like this.
  6. Aeiru28

Aeiru28 Unchanged Melody

Reading List:
    Link
    or the worse... like connect MC's soul to him... Like as long as one of them is alive, another will come back from death...

or maybe like what Voldemort did to stay alive in HP...

Miki T, nakimushi and Poor_Hero like this.
  7. Queensps

Queensps Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Pafs

Pafs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading up to 3300-ish

.... still no male lead
    PROBABLY Tai Shu but that's like.. after 3000 chapters he only started to notice that she's not an ant/plankton/bottom feeder/earthworm. Still a long way IF any romance is on the horizon. *losing hope*

Miki T and Aeiru28 like this.
  9. Pafs

Pafs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, uncle, zhengqing, sangliang (the silver haired man), and fujun are all not human/closer to gods. So it kind of make sense it took 3000++ chapters for them to start noticing the puny existence that is Ningshu.

Aeiru28 likes this.
  10. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    And probably no ML will ever appear, there’s no romance tag afterall

Alina Moktan and Poor_Hero like this.
  11. Pafs

Pafs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read up to latest (3498) and this probably happened. ZhengQing was killed (? unclear) by uncle and NingShu felt something + she thinks ZQ escaped into herself.

12. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard this from someone awhile ago, is the novel not updated yet?

13. Pafs

Pafs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That happened awhile/few chapters before, on the latest chapter Ningshu went to do a task where she (the commissioner) is the mother of 3 sons who all fall in love for the same woman (which eventually destroyed the family).

Miki T and kiara8 like this.
  14. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, that reminded me of the arc where her fiancee’s family’s men fall in love with the same woman

15. luxe

luxe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I decided to go try to MTL Arc 13 "Spoiled to the Bones" (宠溺入骨) just so I don't really miss any chapters. Not sure if 13 was already spoiled? It makes me want to hit my face against a desk. LOL. Here's the first part from MTL.

This arc is a take on the "Overbearing CEO and normal woman" plot.

Ning Shu finds herself playing the role of Gong Luo... the male lead. He leads a pretty charmed life, has all the women falling for him, so Ning Shu has no idea why he'd want to counterattack! When she reads the plot, she pretty much also wants to hit her face against a desk.

(I will italicize Ning Shu's pronouns so it's not as confusing. Ning Shu is playing a male now, but she's still a female inside so it may get confusing.)

In the original storyline, Gong Luo is the CEO, and ends up sleeping with the world's female lead, An Wen, at a bar when she's complaining about her ex-boyfriend cheating on her. She's there to look for a gigglo (MTL says "cowherd", lol) and mistakes him for one. By coincidence, An Wen ends up at his work as a secretary the next day and so the CEO and average woman plot goes. They end up getting married for some reason or the other (even though he has a fiancee...). He spoils her rotten whenever she's around, treating her like she's his life. Except, Gong Luo feels like something is wrong. Every time he sees FL, he has to spoil her. If she has a problem, he has to fix it. He does a lot of exaggerated things, chasing after her, diamond rings, suspending company meetings for her... His IQ falls out of his head and he has no control over it. It's like he's a puppet to some higher being ("The Plot"!).

The task... is to get out of the control of heaven's law ("The Plot"!). As the type of person Gong Luo is, he can't bear not being in control.

2333 appears to be unresponsive, so no rejecting the mission.

--- Counterattack ---

In Ning Shu's storyline, she finds An Wen at the bar, but doesn't approach. Follows FL for a few days and it's a repeat of getting drunk night after night, complaining about the slag ex-boyfriend. Ning Shu realizes the plot can't move forward without a meeting, so she (as Gong Luo) sits next to FL (there are actually a lot of people who approach FL, but are brushed off, it appears only NS can move the plot forward). FL proceeds to mistake NS for a gigglo, wants to buy her for the night. There's some back and forth here, FL is too drunk and won't take no for an answer.

Ning Shu takes FL back to a hotel room and ... leaves her there in bed to go home. (Her body actually has a reaction to FL, which NS is mortified about). FL eventually wakes up, alone, thinking she had sex, but is confused because she heard it was supposed to hurt. Never mind her clothes are completely on and she has no memory of sex or any evidence!

Ning Shu goes back home and is told by Gong Luo's butler that the fiancee, Song Ning, is there. It's a typical arranged marriage for business reasons by the parents. She's really charming and... Ning Shu has to wonder how the host could go for the FL, who is an average woman, over his fiancee. The fiancee is there for a trivial reason, but is kind of put off by Ning Shu's lack of reaction to her. Fiancee is upset that NS doesn't seem to love her, says she wants to cancel the engagement.

Ning Shu: Cancel it then. /closes door.

Outside, Song Ning's expression is bad. How can NS be indifferent to her? Does he like himself? She regrets ending the engagement, how can she win Gong Luo without being the fiancee?

Next morning, Song Ning gives Ning Shu milk to replace coffee (which Ning Shu is grateful for since she doesn't like bitter coffee) and says she was just joking with canceling the engagement. Ning Shu only nods and says the engagement between their families is not simple. Goes to work, and the fiancee is also there to be her secretary and create feelings. (Their interactions amuse me because Ning Shu actually thinks the Fiancee is beautiful/feels attracted, but she refuses to bend! To the point the Fiancee even asks if NS is attracted to men, lol. NS doesn't want to wreck the relationship, but basically it's "you can have sex after I leave the task, OK!?")

An Wen is introduced as new secretary at work. At first, FL doesn't recognize Ning Shu, but eventually does. When she brings NS coffee, they have a pretty brain damaging conversation, which I cut down to the spoken words:

FL: President...
    NS: What?
    FL: What happened last night, can you think that nothing happened?
    NS: ......
    NS: If you mean treating me as a gigglo, I don't mind.
    FL: There is a hotel thing.
    NS: What about the hotel?
    NS: !! You shouldn’t think we...
    FL: You don't want to say, can you forget this?
    NS: I think you misunderstood, nothing happened between us.
    FL Yes, yes, nothing happened. We will forget each other.
    NS: Nothing happened.
    FL: Yes, nothing happened, thank you.
    NS: We really didn't do anything. We didn't roll over, I didn't do anything to you when I sent you to the hotel.
    FL: Yes, yes, nothing has been done. You have not done anything to me.
    NS: We really have nothing going on.
    FL: Yes.
    NS: What I said is true.
    FL: Yes.
    NS: Do you not check your your clothes? Your clothes were still on your body. There were no traces on your body. Why do you think it happened?

Their relationship pretty much goes like that. NS tries to fire FL, but FL bursts in like "you can't fire me, I need this job to pay for my family's expenses!" FL tries to threaten to expose NS for going to a hotel with a woman. Very frustrating conversation, but eventually downgrades to "I'll do anything for this job!" Ning Shu sends her off to the cleaning department instead of being her secretary.

Later, by will of the plot and NS's absentmindedness, NS enters the women's restroom. Guess who is cleaning? FL sees NS, accuses her to be a pervert, says she has blackmail material now. Another frustrating brain dead conversation that eventually reverses with FL blocking NS's way. NS forcefully leaves, uses the male restroom, and returns to office.

Not long after, FL comes in and creates a commotion, accidentally breaks a vase. She definitely can't pay for it, more than a year of her salary. NS tells FL to get out. (Fiancee has been sprinkled throughout, slightly jealous and upset NS seems so indifferent to her.) NS leaves.

... only to almost run over FL with the car when NS tries to leave. Another braindead conversation that consists of "Don't fire me, I'll find a way to pay for the vase!" "You can't pay for it, but if you leave the company, I'll consider the debt paid." "No, I need this job! I need the money!" "You can't get money if you're paying for the vase. Go look for another job." "You can't fire me! I need this job! My ex will look down on me!" /facepalm "Take this money and go to the doctor to look at your legs." "I don't want your charity! /limps away"

/cries a little for Ning Shu for dealing with it.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  16. JuuHachi

JuuHachi Be My Glucose Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it wasn't as bad as you described it but I could feel my IQ go down...

Ivivivi, izznis and Aina Seira like this.
  17. Pafs

Pafs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ningshu is ruthless in pointing out the plotholes and hypocrisy of 'normal' plots. I found that it's harder to suspend disbelief when reading other novels now.

18. nakimushi

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally agree. Had a hard time enjoying other novels after this, especially QT ones.

luxe likes this.
  19. luxe

luxe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a hard time enjoying other QT novels, too. Some of them are brain damaging because they just rely on the reoccurring male lead for support (or the ML falls in love immediately without rhyme or reason...), so while I do want Ning Shu to find someone, I don't want the story to lose its purpose and fall into one of the broken romance plots she's fixing, lol.

Also, sorry for this rough translation/summary from MTL. I'm also flipfloppy about the he/she for Ning Shu since she's playing a guy... From now on, I'll italicize Ning Shu's pronouns and generally use 'she/her'. There will also be some parts where I'll put [text] because I have no idea what Google Translate means with this, lol.

Part 2 of Arc 13: Spoiled to the Bones.

There's this sentence in this part that makes me think of the re-occurring question of "who is the ML? will there be a male lead in this story?" that is constantly asked in the thread. It is a good question, lol.

Warning, this portion feels pretty yuri, or genderbent female x female. xD

The next portion is dedicated to the fiancee. Throughout the entire time, Song Ning (the fiancée) has been trying to seduce Gong Luo (Ning Shu), but has been getting rebuffed. Fiancée is a little upset at NS and An Wen, afraid that they do have a relationship. When Ning Shu returns home, Song Ning has cooked dinner, but Ning Shu pays more attention to the food (which is delicious) than to Song Ning, who had she'd wanted to see if love can be found through the stomach.

In the night, SN comes, dressed in a night dress with bare feet. She has an enchanting figure, her hair long and black, and flawless white legs (thighs). "Pre-marriage life is very important... I have to try it. Disharmony in bed is the main reason for divorce." [Summarized]

NS: A female lead always has a man to sleep with her. When she's a male lead, there's always a woman who wants to sleep with her. Being a protagonist is also very hard.

SN pushes her way into the room, and it feels like Ning Shu is suddenly enchanted.

Song Ning stood up and walked up to Ning Shu, putting her finger on Ning Shu's chest. "We are all adults, what do you think?"

Ning Shu smiled lightly, grabbed Song Ning's white as jade fingers and carefully looked at them. Slender and beautiful, each digit seems to be carefully polished. Really a beautiful woman.

Song Ning saw Ning Shu's focus on them.

Song Ning’s heart jerked uncontrollably. This man was really handsome.

Ning Shu let go of Song Ning's fingers and then touched Song Ning's arm. It was just like touching a piece of warm and smooth white jade. Innumberable, Ning Shu's heart thumped uncontrollably.

Song Ning’s face was filled with a blush, and Ning Shu’s eyes were sparkling and with deep affection.

Ning Shu’s gaze on Song Ning’s eyes seem to indicate that this woman in front of her was very fond of her, as if she was the most important person in life, trustworthy and lovely.

[The mind is connected.]

Ning Shu glared at Song Ning's arm and pulled her out of the room, faintly saying, "I don't want to talk to you."

Song Ning’s face was stiff, disbelieving and embarrassed. Her expression was a bit strange. “Are you a man?”

[When you send it to the door, you can refuse it. Song Ning really doesn't know what to say. Is it true that Gongluo really likes to be warm, and wants to keep warm as a jade.]

Song Ning’s heart was very annoyed. She reached out and covered Ning Shu’s clothes and said, “Are you a man, or are you not?”

"I have to have you today, make you mine," Song Ning said, starting to look like she would kiss Ning Shu.

Lying in the trough, it’s a dog.

Ning Shu pressed her hand on Song Ning's closing-in face, saying faintly, "Have a good night's sleep, don't think about it."

Then Ning Shu slammed the door shut. Song Ning’s nose was almost flattened by the door.

Song Ning touched his nose and sneered, and turned around and walked away.

The next day, Song Ning is miffed still, but does her duties at work efficiently to the point Ning Shu is glad to have her there. However, when SN gets sick the next day(?), NS finds it rather inconvenient.

Ning Shu finds work isn't as good anymore without Song Ning, lamenting that this is why she has to depend on herself. Once a person relies on others, the person forms a habit and ruins themselves. There's a scene with the FL, where they talk about how FL can't go to another company because the ex-boyfriend is rich and will make trouble and get her fired.

NS visits Fiancée in the hospital after work, Song Ning has a cold. They have a conversation that's essentially the running theme of their meetings "Is it so difficult to give me your heart?"

NS: I don't want to lie to you, I won't fall in love with you.

NS tries to comfort her, but wants to leave. She'll leave this for the original host to deal with. Song Ning is really attractive, the charm is hard to resist. The ending conversation, where NS wonders why SN is so eager for NS' love:

SN: Don't go, Gong Luo, don't go. Is it difficult to fall in love with me?
    NS: It's easy to fall in love, can you fall in love with love? Why are you so anxious for me to love you?
    SN: Because I fell in love, I am eager to get your response. I am uneasy and anxious, so I am anxious. Gong Luo, can you understand my feelings?

When NS goes back to work, FL is crying and desperate because she needs $500,000 for brother's emergency surgery from a car accident. Will do anything. (MTLer: she already owes so much, lmao, and pretty much is already in NS's debt) NS finds this ridiculous, they're strangers why does she have to? Welp, no one else will give her a loan and NS feels bad enough for the brother to give her a loan (making sure that it is a loan). NS laments that the plot is forcing NS and the female lead to have a relationship. Now NS is FL's creditor to get her brother through the car accident.

Once Song Ning is better, she comes back to help NS at work. NS hopes the original host can come back, see what a good girl SN is and marry her. Just don't make NS marry her.

An Wen tries to thank NS, saying she's surprised he's actually a nice guy. Once she leaves, the Fiancee wonders if this is the type NS likes.

NS: No, I think you're better than her.
    SN: Since I'm good, why don't you like me?
    NS: .....

NS is tired of SN asking her why NS won't love her, after all, won't the love go to the host anyway? She just wants to complete the task and leave.

After work, An Wen wants to take NS out to eat as thanks. NS says no, they go back and forth, but eventually Fiancée comes over and accepts for NS as long as she comes along. Dinner is awkward, Fiancée orders the most expensive thing and NS doesn't even bother to order anything (there's already a $500k debt!). Fiancée has NS cut her food for her, acts cute ("I worked for you, if you have a conscience, you should cut it for me").

An Wen gives a little toast. NS drinks the wine, indifferent. Suddenly both women are unhappy. Song Ning proceeds to get drunk, despite NS's protests. An Wen watches them play a couple awkwardly, finding herself getting heartache.

Song Ning tries to drink entire bottle of wine, and Ning Shu decides they better go home when Song Ning is very obviously drunk. Off they go, and at home, Song Ning is upset with NS because of An Wen.

The home scene is where Song Ning cries because NS doesn't love her.

Song Ning's tears drip on Ning Shu's face, making Ning Shu feel very hot. Her heart thumped uncontrollably and even beat faster.

The blood in her body seemed to be quivering.

Ning Shu frowned fragilely and meditated inwardly to calm her heart down, 'Amitabha, the color is empty, the air is the color'.

Ning Shu pushed away Song Ning, who was pressing against her, and sorted out her clothes. "You drank too much."

"I drank a lot, but my heart is very clear." Song Ning grabbed Ning Shu's hand and pressed it against her heart. "Gong Luo, I like you too much and my heart aches."

Ning Shu feels the soft things under her hand, and her heart is full of sorrow and anger. She has a big chest. When this old lady is a female, she is also a big breasted sister.

Good.

Ning Shu took back her hand and said, "When you wash and sleep, you will feel comfortable after a nap."

Song Ning suddenly burst into tears, crying full of grief and grievances.

Ning Shu looks at Song Ning and is so stunned. This was simply disturbing the people.

"Don't cry, what's so good about crying?" Ning Shu said.

Song Ning's face was distorted, grabbed Ning Shu's collar and snarled, "You don't like me, am I not allowed to cry? I'm crying, can you manage it?"

SN is very drunk and desperate, and starts trying to get NS to react to her bodily. "If I can't get your heart, I'll get your body." NS is alarmed and yells at her, gets the butler to take SN away to shower and rest. However, the butler comes back and tells her SN can't be forced to shower and rest.

I have never felt that a woman was so troublesome. When she was a woman, she didn't feel that women were trouble. But as a man, she felt that a woman was too much.

NS goes back to find SN trying to get more drunk, who then tries to grope her.

Ning Shu stood in front of Song Ning. Song Ning squinted slightly and didn't seem to see Ning Shu, but her hands were on her body, and her hands seemed to have magical power. The place touched by Song Ning, the skin was hot. Incomparably, a small cluster of small flames ignited in the body, and the body's blood was boiling.

(There is a scene where NS is very "pls let me die, why am I a man" because, I think, the body is turned on. LOL.)

NS is fed up, tries to get SN to leave if she's going to be like this. SN gets subdued and goes back to her room.

Cue the sentence that will probably make it so there will never be a male lead while she's still in the transmigration system: "In her current situation, she has no way to love someone. Maybe when the dust settles, she will try to see the Yunjuan Yunshu with someone."
    [Yunjuan Yunshu: From Google, I think it's from a poem or book. I'm not familiar with it, so!]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  20. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    When reading it, I thought mc will sleep with SN. Poor SN, her unrequited love.
    This really should be shoujo ai subplot tags lol:D:ROFLMAO: