Spoiler Raising Baby in Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by MiyaMira, Jan 4, 2018.

1. MiyaMira

MiyaMira Jobseeking Sloth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Certified Imouto

Reading List:
    Link
    MTL synopsis:
    The end of the world came, no OP ability, no spatial space, no husband new mother An Ran, can only staggeringly feed her little bun to raise, with the useless skill to make flowers and plants grow.
    Other people kill zombies to grab materials, playing like wind and water in the apocalypse.
    She kills zombies just to grab milk powder, grab food, grab toys, good with her daughter at end of the world, when the road was blocked by zombies, suddenly she was pursued by her ex-husband.
    Ex-husband: "We are divorced for 7 months. The child is born in full term. You still do not admit that this is my child?"
    An Ran running out shouting: "After the marriage I derailed, so it's not ah?"
    Ex-husband: "Your object of derailment, is it my twin brother, or else the child's nose and mouth, how to look exactly like me?"

I've been holding back from making a spoiler because I was lazy, but I just like this novel so much! I really need somewhere to vent my feelings and comments on the chapters, so I made a thread. I've read the novel until the most current chapters, so anyone who wants spoilers just ask! :blobokhand::blobokhand::blobokhand:

Poking @lacerem because you seem curious for spoilers.

Anyway, currently there's around 4(?) arc I've identified
    Arc 1: The end of the world comes
    An Ran dreamt that she was having sex with her husband Zhan Lian when she came over to the North to ask for divorce. She woke up from the pain of giving birth. After a few hours of giving birth, An Ran realized that something was off with the hospital nurses and doctors. Her daughter was taken away after she gave birth because the baby might be having jaundice, and wanting to see her daughter, An Ran tried to walk outside her ward. Then she find out that people are walking like zombies and are eating live humans. In this arc, An Ran learns thay she can somehow make plants grow faster.
    On the other hand, Zhan Lian was supposed to be having his goodbye party for his retirement from the military, but suddenly some of his comrades changed and started attacking and eating the other soldiers. Worried about An Ran, he called her, but the call died after a while. He decided to return to Xiang city where they reside to find her.

Arc 2: Back to the neighborhood
    An Ran managed to survive the hospital for one and a half month and ran away with her car she bought with Zhan Lian. When she arrived to her neighborhood, the guards there stopped her and took away all the supplies in her car except for her baby's necessities and the flowers she brought back from the hospital. The guards told her to come and take an apple at the security room the next day, while making obscene looks at her. This arc An Ran got a powerful ally that helps train her self defense called Yun Tao, who is the head security guard in the neighborhood before the zombie apocalypse. Zhan Lian finally arrived at Xiang city, but he was blocked by the flocks of zombies surrounding the city.

Arc 3: Escaping the neighborhood and hiding in a mall
    An Ran, Yun Tao, and a few other survivors from the neighborhood escaped because of zombie rats manisfestation in the neighborhood. They stopped at the gas station for petrol, but the survivors at the gas station will only let them have the petrol if they leave a woman. An Ran was desperate to save Yun Tao who was fighting against the mobs, and showed her ability. They were kept in custody there, but An Ran's group escaped when a commotion happened. A little girl that was saved by An Ran follows her, and they escaped to a mall. Here, An Ran realized that her power can level up after a lily she used to create a wall to protect her "killed" the zombies by using it as nutrients. She also finally realized the use of the zombie nucleus she's been collecting as an equivalent of food for her to use her powers.

Meanwhile, Zhan Lian finally arrived at the neighborhood, but he was literally just a step late. He found baby diapers' rubbish outside his house and thoughy it was the neighbors, when his friend Old Mao asked whether he has a child. When he enters, he found a baby room and also An Ran's pregnancy book. After reading the notes inside, he felt extreme guilt for not doing his husband duties well enough he literally broke down crying and banging his head on the wall so hard it broke. When he looked at the security monitor, he found that they just left not long before they arrived, and he separated from his friend to catch up with An Ran.

Arc 4: Going to the northen Huibei, stopping at Tiexi village.
    An Ran and her group fought with a bronze zombie, and one of their member turned into a zombie. An Ran, who is now able to listen to plants' voices heard about a dangerous creature with gold ability. Fearing that it's going to be another bronze zombie, An Ran and Yun Tao decided to escape from the mall. They stopped for a while at an empty inn, when a group of survivors from a greenpark lead by a man called Lei Jiang who can control the earth. He wants to invite them to their park because of An Ran's ability. Having had enough of being observed by them, An Ran decided to make a run for it at night to northern Hubei, where there are radio announcement calling for survivors to unite. An Ran spent about a month or two on the road trying to escape from zombies Lei Jiang's people chasing. In addition, Yun Tao taught An Ran more surviving and fighting skills to prevent her from depending too much on her power. They stopped at a village called Tiexi village because it seems to be the only village with a lot of population in between the highways.

On Zhan Lian's side, he missed An Ran at the inn because she was hiding. Hearing about the northern Hubei thing, he decided to go there as chances to find An Ran and his daughter is bigger. He stopped at Tiexi village because it's the only village before arriving at northern Hubei, and met his fellow soldier friend called Lu Feifan. The leader of the village is a general surnamed Tang, and he has a daughter named Tang Siluo. Zhan Lian's search of his wife and daughter are known to everyone, and Tang Siluo, in an effort to suck up to Zhan Lian tried to talk about the sad fate of An Ran being raped and bullied by other men, but was scolded by Zhan Lian because it was none of her business! Tang Siluo was indignant because she believes that no woman would be able to keep her chastity during the end if the world. Then suddenly Zhan Lian rushed out quickly, as if enraged.

I'm writing on my phone, so if there's any typo forgive me. Anyway, I really wanted to gush on the characters in the current chapter! An Ran really is a stubborn girl, but she isn't the arrogant type of stubborn because she knows the act of give-and-take. Plus, she's not the shameless type like most CN MCs. She's the independent type, probably because she's been an orphan since a young age. As for Zhan Lian, I actually like him. He might be described as a jerk at first, but I really feel for him. He, like An Ran, was an orphan. But he lived as a street urchin until he was given the chance by someone to enter the military. He fell in love with An Ran on first sight and decided to marry her just after three dates :blobpats::blobpats::blobpats: He felt really guilty for not being able to give An Ran the family she wanted, and was almost suicidal when he got to know that An Ran was pregnant and gave birth to his daughter. It's really sweet knowing that he loves his daughter so much, and he was very much a doting father to his baby daughter, if only An Ran let him hold her even a bit :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  2. lacerem

lacerem Because... I'm Batman

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the letting me know the treat. I have a bunch of questions what happened to the other womenn from the first arc? The soiled one that abandon her baby and the other who adopted him.

3. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey is this readable with mtl? Or is it going to make my head explode? I really wanna read this like the other zombie novel with mother and child but that one is too confusing for me.

Also why did they get divorced in the first place? And could you please post the rest of the arcs when you finish read :aww::blobReach:

Shizun likes this.
  4. Onelifeonelove

Onelifeonelove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They were divorced, because he was barely home at all, he worked for the military. They only meet 2-3 times a year and when they do meet, they had sex, then he's gone. It's more like before she get to talk to him or have any conversation, she gets eaten. If I remember correctly, the 3rd time they met, she wanted to ask him for divorce, but he said to talk afterward because he was impatient to bed her, so she didn't get to open her mouth to ask for divorce. It's funny how she thinks it's okay to have sex first then ask for a divorce afterward.

5. Onelifeonelove

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been waiting for all time for the wife and husband to reunite, yet when they go reunite.....it didn't go the way I expected. There was no happiness between them. I was like where's that moment I was waiting for the whole time? First reunion and they're already having a fight. The ML's childhood friend (female) pisses me off saying crap about his wife is most likely dead and if she does survives, she probably slept with a bunch of guys for protection & food. The ML was going to beat her up but people held him back. The ML's teammates agrees with that bitch words but wouldn't say it in front of the ML.

During that reunion, the ML had to go fight off the zombies first then have a conversation with the FL later. Can't believe the ML told the bitch to protect his wife. That bitch shames the FL by announcing out loud in front of everyone saying how the FL slept with the security guy and the bitch will help her kill off the guy to restore her honor....blah blah blah....(the guy she was talking about is the security guy who worked in her private home and taught the FL how to fight). Seriously if she wanted to help restore the FL's honor, then she wouldn't have said it out loud for everyone to hear.

By the way did I mention how that bitch is in love with the ML, because he's so strong and that bitch works in the military as well. I couldn't even stand her. She wants the ML even more after finding out how he's got the most powerful skill in the apocalypse.

6. wildthorn

wildthorn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So we have a braindead ml? Annoying mobs. I hope mc give them a good lesson. So what if mc slept with that guy. She is single she can do what she wants. Ugh I am angry now and this was looking good and I was thinking mtling this.

7. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does that annoying bitch die? Please don’t tell me this is a story with bitch female characters that keep causing trouble, hopefully she dies early on.

8. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I actually would like if the MC ended up with the security guy. He seems like a better male lead than the brain dead moron.

9. Onelifeonelove

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL I probably left out some details.
    No. She did not sleep with the security guy.
    The security guy is old enough to be her father.
    The security guy had a wife and son, but they have turned into zombies in front of him, so he's pretty much traumatize and believed he can redeem himself by taking in another family and make them into his family. (He took in a widow mother and her son as their father is dead)
    I thought the security guy is a little crazy as he went up to them and said he'll become her husband and father of her child. They can't refuse as they're scared of him and he's stronger than them. Plus they need his protecting so it's a win-win situation.
    That family traveled together with the FL and her baby daughter. (That widow mother & her son teamed up FL & her baby ever since she came back to her private home from hospital as they were neighbors in the first place and is in same situation (beautiful young widow mother with child))
    The bitch is just sprouting all these lies to make the FL look bad so the ML would give up on FL. That bitch basically looks down on all females as she think they're weak so they will survive by sleeping around with different men and the bitch is different because she worked for the military, can fight.
    The bitch father made a small base with 2 other people, which is made up of 3 bosses and her father is one of them. Her father had the smallest power out of the group until ML joins the base to help her father, which tip the scale.
    The ML joins because he believes his wife will come to this base as it's the closest base in their city. Using that bitch father's power he can check the name logs of the people in the base.

I'm stuck with a love-hate feeling for the ML. He was never there in the FL's life, but in the novel it showed how he barely slept from the moment the apocalypse began....he was traveled back to his city to search all over for his wife non-stop. He found traces of the place his wife stayed at and met people who bullied or stole stuff from his wife as he recognize every item that belongs to his wife. He killed them all and continued his search.

The novel showed a bit of his background where he used to be part of a mafia group, but got caught by government and to not go to jail, he had to work for the military for several years. He decided to marry as he wanted a family because he never had one. He shows how satisfied he was with his life & wife by having sex with her whenever they meet (meets only 2-3 times from the moment they have married to present). Until she brought up divorce, he thought it was true, he was never there for her and decided he will retire from the military to take care of her from now on. The day he retired, the apocalypse happened. lol

His real personality is short tempered and rude/cold to women who comes on to him. He is very faithful and loyal to his wife. He was pretty much gentle to his wife with plenty of patience. There was a scene where a woman threw herself at him and he kicked her away like she's contagious. In other words he sees his wife as a woman and all other women are treated the same way as men.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  10. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the widow mother actually like the guard guy or does she stay with him just to be safe? I feel like the guard + widow mother would be a much better story, like at first he decide to protect them cause his own family is dead but the they fall in love :blobmelt:.

Aww man now I want a story where a widow falls in love with someone, please some tell me if there is a story like that.

11. GD2318

GD2318 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this readable in mtl? This novel sure is promising :cookie:

ManhwaFreak likes this.
  12. Onelifeonelove

Reading List:
    Link
    She's just staying with him to be safe. The security guard is a retired military man. I forgot his actual age, but I do know he is old enough to be the FL father....in my mind I'm picturing a old man in his 50-60's. LOL
    I read it MTLed using systranet......bing or google translate is not that good for me IMO.

ManhwaFreak, Hae_UNa and Poor_Hero like this.
  13. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please tell me she gets a satisfyingly terrible ending.
    And do you have more spoilers for us?? :D

14. NightOwl

NightOwl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This sounds really interesting. Could you post a link or the Chinese title so I can try to mtl it?

15. MiyaMira

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, there's some correction here.
    • I'm sure the bitch you're talking about is Tang Siluo, but she's not ML's childhood friend. She's ML's friend's childhood friend. And she's not working in the military, her dad is. She's just wearing the military uniform to show her presence as the captain of the 3rd district where elderly, women, children and the disabled are.
    • Zhan Lian (ML) didn't let Tang Siluo protect An Ran. He brought her to the car and told them to wait there for him while he go to deal with the zombies. Tang Siluo threaten An Ran by putting guns on Yun Tao (the old security guard) to enter the village.
    • Tang Siluo didn't like ML. She like Luo Feifan, ML's friend who is also a military guy like him. The reason Tang Siluo tried to butter up with Zhan Lian is because her dad wants Zhan Lian's power to protect the village from zombies.
    • I wouldn't say I like Tang Siluo, because she's just naive. But the real bitch is actually He Xiaomei, this one woman who was saved by An Ran and the widow from their neighborhood. After being saved, she doesn't even feel thankful to An Ran but pulled more zombies over to the neighborhood, then ran away. When she arrived at Tiexi village, the one who lied about An Ran is her. Tang Siluo just believed in her lies because she thinks that no woman in the apocalypse has the power to fight against men and zombies, especially since An Ran is with a baby. It's just her own misunderstanding since the start and she refused to believe in any other explanation.
    I'm just really happy that both FL and ML didn't like Tang Siluo. Zhan Lian actually almost want to kill her if not he was stopped by other people. He also insulted her as "Baba" or nosy hag because she was just so nosy when he'd warned her to stop minding his family's business. An Ran slapped her twice and told her her piece of mind. It was so satisfying.

16. Onelifeonelove

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh~ you remembered everything much more clearly than me. I stopped reading for quite awhile to binge read when more chapters are out. Do you actually read it in Chinese or MTLed the novel? (Chinese right? You typed up all the character names and places) I barely remember much of other characters names besides the FL & ML and the kids. IMO majority of the other characters are all mean/rude/evil to the FL, so I group them all into the bad people category.

I forgot who He Xiaomei is. Who is she again?

Hae_UNa likes this.
  17. MiyaMira

Reading List:
    Link
    I MTL-ed. I don't know Mandarin. I just like to double google-translate when things got confusing because some words aren't translated properly when in huge bulks or a whole page.

As for the characters, I'm neutral on them until they act like retards and it pissed me off e.g: Tang Siluo. As for others, I'd just say that the apocalypse is the time where human's true nature are amplified the most, so being selfish and evil just come as a set. Even An Ran understands, that's why she doesn't trust people very much nowadays, especially women. I hope she keep up her vigilance even after she got Zhan Lian backing her.

18. GD2318

GD2318 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is the link? And it's chinese title so I can mtl it:blobpats:

19. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna know the ending <.<;;

Too much angst

20. MiyaMira

Reading List:
    Link
    This one have until the most current chapter : zwdu
    It's still ongoing, so no ending yet. The novel just started about 2 months ago :sushi_tea::sushi_tea::sushi_tea:

Hae_UNa likes this.