Recommendations Rape free Josei

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Wujigege, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for a good Josei story to read. Something like Kimi Wa Petto would be great. No abusive male characters. Abusive females? Yes please. :blobnosebleed:

I need a breath of fresh air from the usual fare. Used to enjoy shojo a lot but find it too childish now.
    @readerz @ludagad @isecai

PS No Boys Love or Shonen Ai or Danmei or Yaoi

Sabruness, ludagad and readerz like this.
  2. Kanna Rose

Kanna Rose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
  4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    The Shoujo or the chapter? :blobpeek:

5. zloi medved

zloi medved Well-Known Green Tea Bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    But if the ML doesn't rape the MC how will he impregnate her and give her a child that one or the other inexplicably never finds out exists so that people can read+write about a single parent romance whilst also keeping the leads "pure" because god knows there's nothing as filthy and disgusting and repulsive as someone who's had sex with more than one person? :blobwoah:

I mean. I'm interested too. Excuse me while I lurk.

6. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Skoonting

Skoonting Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't read josei stories, but I have to ask; is rape such a common thing in the stories that you have to specifically ask for stories without them? I feel like that's an odd thing to specify, but maybe it's not?

Vanidor likes this.
  8. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Wujigege likes this.
  9. Kanna Rose

Kanna Rose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it's slow update. This novel is about mc get second chance after having betray by her husband whom she madly in love and give everything for him. In end he betray and use her for power and wealth.
    Her second husband aka male lead, whom mc hate and think scheming was loyal to her and was unrequited love her. In second life, she dote ml much and trying to become better wife for him. Mc is pretty regret for abusive male lead in past life because of misunderstanding think ml is scheming and ill intended who trying to seperate mc and her first husband.

Wujigege likes this.
  10. zloi medved

zloi medved Well-Known Green Tea Bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA.
    Rape is distressingly common. You'd be shocked how many stories even start with the ML raping the MC (usually through plot contrivances where one or both of them are drugged/drunk and schemed against, but rape is still rape). Female villains are frequently scheming to get the MC raped, and then end up raped themselves as a way to inflict punishment on them. And I'll go ahead and say it right now - the MLs frequently rape the MCs even after they hook up in a sort of dub-con way - the MC insists no, doesn't want to do it, the ML has his passion ignited, etc. etc. fade to black, show next scene of MC complaining about how sore her waist is and what a beast the ML is but she still loves him or whatever so she more or less post-sex consents.

My theory is it has to do with Chinese values where women can't be lustful or lascivious so even when they're dating or even married the MC has to "put up a fight" at least a little. Even if she loves the man, even if they're lawfully married, even if they've already had children, she has to remain a little bit pure. Reminds me of that song "Baby It's Cold Outside" - the woman has to put up a pretence of resistance because of social norms. Except in the novels it just comes off as creepy, rapey, and the ML being overbearing and disrespectful of sexual boundaries because at no point in the internal monologue does the MC sort of express that she actually does want to do it with the ML but is too shy or embarrassed to admit it. All signs point to her not wanting this.

Those are just my personal thoughts though.
    :blobpopcorn_cool:

Partysan, Fuyuneko, CodeZero and 8 others like this.
  11. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a big deal. The rape to lover trope is a big deal
    "The series was popular and developed a cult following online. Hawick Lau, who portrayed the male lead, was likened to the Asian version of Christian Grey"

Don't take my word for it

Source :https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealed_with_a_Kiss_(2011_TV_series)

12. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I am interested in the story maybe even picking it up lol.
    There is no option to comment or contact the translator.
    SSL are free, so I have no idea why she paid for one lol

Kanna Rose likes this.
  13. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    (y) I don't know any. Just kidding, there are a few.

Completed stories:

Female warrior - the story of a Female Warrior and her pet bard. No rape but also no romance. You won't understand this unless you read Legend of the Sun Knight first.

Jiang Hu’s Road is Curved - a comedy about a Mary Sue character who was transported into a Wuxia world as the heir to a demonic clan

Sansheng, Wangchuan Wu Shang - the spirit of a stone in the Underworld gained consciousness and fell in love with the war god. She's pretty frickin' OP but there are also other OP gods so its balanced

The General Wants to Hug and Sleep - the daughter of the owner of a tea house needs to find a husband or she can't inherit her tea house

Ongoing:

Little Phoenix Is Not An Immortal

isecai and Wujigege like this.
  14. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    So rape is okay as long as the male is hot? Hm..

Sabruness, Reak and Wujigege like this.
  15. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Ain't he innocent? So cute.
    It's one of the reason I enjoy Jin Yong stories especially Duke of Mount Deer. The princess was my favorite character.
    The loose adaptation of Swordsman with Chen Qiao En was also awesome.
    It's sad that even with Jin Yong, assertive feminine characters are eunuchs and not actual women

zloi medved likes this.
  16. Misstee

Misstee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am currently reading The Princess Wei Yang and it is an epic revenge story, I don't think the MC gets raped, but my god, so much abuse get dealt to the deserving.
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-princess-wei-yang/

Wujigege likes this.
  17. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately is very common............. specially those that the FMC got pregnant from some awesome/rich guy and the children are used as plot device and the fMC doesn't roll with ant other guy since then (even if she is surrounded by good/rich/awesome guys) and so comes the ML (it has to be the father) and goes for rape again saying she is the only one for him bla bla bla and so she end in that kind of abusive relationship and says it is a predestined love :blob_coughblood:
    A good example of parody of the above is the current arc of Quick Transmigration Cannon Fodder’s Record of Counterattatck
    /there's also the ones that the guy thinks he loves the girl and go to rape route without caring if she is liking or not and the MC just submits to the violence and also thinks it's love..............
    .................... it brings me back to a manga that I'm reading that talks about such theme.... "to not be reduced to being a woman who's a victim of violence" (because they think it's shameful and don't want to expose it), "the idea of being desired puts them at ease", "whether it's love or violence, it all depends on how you perceives it"..... such a thing is what is portrayed under those "love stories" with no break/escape of the situation :blobpoliceangry:

Wujigege likes this.
  18. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    It got a drama recently with Tiffany Tang who married her co star...Seemed interesting regions reminds me of Eternal Love( Yang Mui Version also called Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms) but I am worried about the angst, I think I saw some recaps on dramapanda.
    I should probably close one eye and watch both dramas.
    Both novels had plagiarism accusations brought forth against the authors. It's a good read.
    Being a writer is so "easy" :blobpopcorn_cool:

19. isecai

isecai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guiltily follow all the josei (lady picks) novels in QI lmao. Among them, the ones you probably won't like (cuz rape) are A Billion Stars Can't Amount to You and Bringing Nation's Husband Home (same authors). Another one I'm not really invested in emotionally is Venerated Venomous Consort. The rest have overbearing and empowered ladies.

The ones with more wholesome relationship is probably Ghost Emperor's Wife and Trial Marriage Husband, I think.

In volarenovels, my favorite is Transmigrator Meets Reincarnator XD It's a (VERY) slow building romance though.

Ah and what the heck, if you can stand long prose, I'm absolutely in love with The Wolf Lord's Lady. That's why I translated it lmao. I think so far that's the only title that made me sob like a kid when I was reading it. The theme is mature, but the relationship is tame, though.

Wujigege likes this.
  20. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    how about an oneshot? there is an angel in that church

Wujigege likes this.