Discussion Re... Incarnation... How would you feel with this?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AryaX, Nov 14, 2019.

?

How far would you get...

1. I would just go with the flow, let what happens happen and never get a reset...

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. I would find my self at the beginning again few times, but eventually I would give up...

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. I would never get to 3, I would be looping this shit forever!

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    0. ... (How would you feel in this situation?)

You wake up in a sterile, futuristic looking "hospital" room... You notice one of the walls is essentailly a big mirror, and when you get off the bed, you notice that not only you look great, but in fact, you're in perfect shape, better than you've ever been, and its not just the looks, you also feel great, light and strong, better than you've ever felt before...

After a while, a sort of robotic arm with a camera like aparatus at the end, extends out from the ceiling and scans around you and then starts talking to you... It informs you that, the human you think your self as, died many thousands of years ago, but for one reason or another, his/her brain was cryonically preserved, and have since been scanned and replicated, and you are in fact a robot! If you get visibly upset, the machine murmurs something about possible errors and need for a reset... you black out... and find your self back at "0" (ie. You wake up in a sterile...)

1. If you got here, how would you feel in this situation?

The machine then continues, and informs you that humans are still around and nowadays live in a perfect, ideal utopian society that many dreamed about in the past... There haven't been a war for more than a thousand years, and all the disease, poverty, famine, drudgery, racial and gender discrimination, etc... have all been eliminated as well... This is the perfect world.

And you are the first of the latest, five thousand series, domestic service androids, capable of fulfilling any and all needs of even the most strict or unusual human owners. The machine asks you various questions and to walk around and run and jump and sit and etc...

If claim to be human or question the morality of it all or such... the machine merely responds that you're a robot, and robots don't feel anything, and if you think you're feeling something, it isn't real because you're a robot and robots don't feel anything and... etc... ie. It won't go anywhere... you can't argue out of this...

If you follow the instructions, the machine generally responds that everything is looking good, while if you fail to follow the instructions, it will repeat the instructions few times and if you still continue not to obey, it murmurs something about errors... and you black out... and find your self back at "0"

2. If you got here, how would you feel in this situation?

After the machine has done its check ups and run its scans and asked its questions... It says that everything is looking great and soon after, some weird chair rises from the floor, a bit like what you might have seen in your previous life when you went for a dentist, only a bit more scifey in appearance.

The machine instructs you to take a sit, and goes on to explain that since your personality and sexual and other preferences don't quite fit your buyer, you need to get started with readjustment process. And once again, if you refuse to comply, the machine murmurs something about errors and... and you black out... and find your self back at "0"

3. If you got here, how would you feel in this situation?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    shiory likes this.
  2. elairz

elairz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    probably feel quite shitty about it.
    what i do in this situation

at 2. attempt to break out

failing that

go through the readjustment. as long as my mind and personality unaltered. will adapt to new environment and find out ways to scan myself to real human body.

Toralk likes this.
  3. Wireath

Wireath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd probably start trying to break the 'machine'/room after 1 or 2.

shiory likes this.
  4. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Troll the heck out of the machine, then go with the flow if nothing happens. Not like I can do anything

shiory and Arash1 like this.
  5. AL007

AL007 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nightmare :blobflag::sweating_profusely::blobpopcorn_two:

6. Aforia

Aforia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What’s the need to scan your human brain to put it into a machine meant for programmed behavior?
    1. If the robots are not the path of humanity’s evolution what’s the point in scanning your fossil of a brain for any purpose aside from scientific?
    2. If the technology is so advanced that all of human’s brain had already been studied and the process of creating this robots is standardized and fool-proof as confirmed by peaceful society AND is 100% reliant on non-renewable source of brain pickles, why there’s the need to leave you with your own “self” in the first place?
    This doesn’t make sense.
    why am I being mean? ‘Cause there’s no way in hell these tincans are changing this ancestor’s sexuality!

Arash1 likes this.
  7. I Ship anything cute

I Ship anything cute [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
    just give up after the first few tries, maybe mess shit up and try to destroy the machine controlling me, maybe try to like kill myself but i'd give up eventually. I'd come close to getting reset a few times because of my temper and stuff though lol

8. Master

Master [Old Pervert] [Grandmaster]

Reading List:
    Link
    If I can’t procreate, there isn’t much joy.

shiory and Arash1 like this.
  9. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd try all the different possible options to find out/get more information. If my buyer sounds okay, then I'd try to live a happy robot life with them, maybe I can convince them I'm still human inside? Since I am a robot, perhaps they dulled pain or something...this is something I will ask the camera people. By sexual preference...I assume they mean my asexuality. Well, at least I won't find sex gross anymore :blobpats: At least this means my buyer wants someone willing.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  10. Arash1

Arash1 A Simple Introvert

Reading List:
    Link
    Male or female can I have a Loli or a Big - tidied Onee san as a master.

Innieminnie and ongoingwhy like this.
  11. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... Basically the idea is that the computer and machines have grown extremely powerful, but only in terms of being extremely fast, and the general intelligence still eludes... and the true understanding of how the brain works is still lacking...

But the fast computers and advanced scanning devices allows for scanning of brains and their simulation in their entirety... one doesn't necessarily need to understand what is essential and what isn't and how the brain truly works if you can just systematically duplicate it all and have enough processing power to run the bloated simulation anyway...

And one doesn't necessarily need to know how to program the brain, if you have a functioning simulation, which you can screw around with, and for which you can reload a backup... over and over... you just provoke reactions and make small adjustments here and there, and slowly but surely evolve it towards the desired result, and if it stops working at any point or something... just load a backup and try a different approach...

While this... Might seem nightmarish... It should technically... be possible... And it seems to be the approach, some AGI promoters are suggesting we should try... So... Someone might "sort" of actually find them selves in this situation at some point in the distant future... So this nightmare... might come true... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    Aforia and Innieminnie like this.
  12. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobfearful:

13. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd be like, "sweet another life" and go with it all the way. It seems like this robot only checks for outward displeasure, so I'd just make sure to ask where the backup copy of my consciousness is being kept, and then inform the machine of its faulty programming if it fails to keep a backup in storage. When it comes to pretending to be a robot, I'd say in pretty good.

As for the gender/personality change, I'd get around to restoring and tweaking myself into being a self propagating machine and probably try for a bit of world domination.

14. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, it's another poll about human slaves! Same answer as before in another of @lychee's polls.

15. Junweizhu

Junweizhu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Male or female, just don't put me under a fat ugly bald bastard or any douchy person and I can put up with anything, even being a loli or a shota. Traps are fine too.
    I don't have that much attachment to my appearance either way and in most cases, unless the master is douchy, I'll look better than now either way, unless they get off on ugly.
    I mean, it's a utopia, what can possibly go wrong?

16. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Doomed for reset then ¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    start a war of attrition with the machine, see which one lose patient first and maybe
    then the buyer him/herself quits because the adjustment took way too long (like 100 years long)

the robot denied me of my humanity and then denied me of what makes me myself, so i'll just fight until the end
    its either leave me alone or just reset or whatever and put me back in my place, or put me on the graveyard and write rest in peace on my tombstone

i'll fight for my humanity, live and die as human and myself that way (its not like its my first time dying if they decide to scrap me anyway)
    *if i died and back to heaven i'll just say to God that its time for judgement day ^^

18. Predator

Predator Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would comply by all means dont want to get exterminated do i?