Discussion Re:Zero

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Parth37955, May 12, 2016.

1. Arbiten

Arbiten ✯The Protagonist✯

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah xD Which begs the question. How does Suburu know the witch if she was sealed 400 years before he arrived?

Interesting fact: All of the arch bishops of sin are named after stars. Suburu himself is named after what the Japanese call the Pleiades star cluster. The Pleiades star cluster contains seven stars (the seven witches). With Suburu's name meaning "to unite".

Zone Q11 likes this.
  2. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, now we know Subaru's default/hidden faction and what his class role is.

Betelgeuse said something about Pride. Now that I think about it, it makes sense. Subaru has a stupid amount of pride, and also, he has to get everything right before he moves on to the next part.

3. Arbiten

Reading List:
    Link
    My thoughts exaclty. Suburu's ability means he can never lose in a life and death situation. If he fails, he gets to keep trying until he gets it right.

You should look forward to when he meets Betelgeuse again. There's some decent revelations in that bit.

4. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh~ Okay.

5. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, he didn't die for the last few episodes. Good job!

Speculation time:
    All sins are immortal in their own way.
    Just cause..... ya know, plot.

6. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Re:Zero = Fuck you, Subaru.

7. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    What. The HECK!? *calls @Arbiten for explanation*

8. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    What don't you get?

9. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Betelgeuse's ability.

10. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    To take over other people's (Witch Cult) bodies and to use Unseen Hands.
    It's.....rather obvious.
    The reason it worked on Subaru was because he's pseudo-witch cult, by having the Gospel and being loved by the witch.

11. Diukes

Diukes The Details will be omitted

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... i want to ask. First time when Subaru have seen Rem killed, end of what episode it was? Im asking becouse i stopped watching at this moment so i want to pick it up again ;p

12. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    This is my answer.

13. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Take that answer with a chunk of salt. It's pure speculation from what's transpired in the anime.

14. VOLX98

VOLX98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked the first two episodes, but I couldn't watch more, because it's not fitting my taste. Everybody has different taste in the end ;-)

15. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal

Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal 「ZA ROYAL ROASTER」「ZEE KOUHAI」

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I have a theory about Betelgeuse's existence (I'm at episode 23 right now):
    This theory have two parts, the first part is rather obvious (in my opinion) and the second part is a little bit crazier.
    1 - What if Betelgeuse is some kind of spirit that can possess people loved by the witch? I mean, Julius said something about Subaru being way too "good" with spirits, then minutes later Betelgeuse (in Subaru's body) says something like "It's been a while since I had such a good contender"... I mean, I can be the only person that thinks in this way and I could be the only one that didn't think like that until now... Either way, the first part is here.
    2 - (This part of the theory takes the first part as true)
    So, ever since ep 15 (the episode that Betelgeuse was introduced) I had this strange feeling that he and Subaru had some similarities in their personalities. I don't really know how to explain why I had such a feeling, it was just there. So, after watching this episode (23) I remembered something that happened in ep 18 and rewatched the inicial scene again. In that scene, Puck kills Betelgeuse after a rather suspicious dialogue with him, at that moment, Betelgeuse looked prepared to die for real and I didn't thought otherwise. Then, right after having a little talk with Subaru, Puck ends up slowly freezing him to death and we see a scene of Subaru laughing like a maniac exactly one minute after Betelgeuse died (I know that, in his monologue, Subaru says that he's laughing at himself, but, what if, Betelgeuse was already taking over his body and Subaru just didn't have the mental strength to fight back like he had in this episode? I think that his mind was so fucked up that he didn't even notice the change in his behaviour as it was not that different from what he would do in that situation). Now, taking over the fact that Betelgeuse looked like he was prepared to die and (in my assumption) ended up possessing Subaru's body instead, what if, just like Subaru, Betelgeuse can't die? What if he already had, in the past, experienced death many times until he ended up becoming a true madman (unlike Subaru)? What if, he was cursed by one of the witches, had to join the cult, became a commander in there and ended up breaking down mentally? What if, because of PTSD, his memory is fragmented and he mostly don't recall his other lives in other bodies and/or don't remember his original life at all? (this would explain some of his lines in his dialogue with Puck, if this theory is correct).
    Thank you for reading my random ramblings.
    (Btw, I just thought like this because I saw a comment of one guy that said that he had read about Betelgeuse's past and tought that it was fucked up).

Westeller likes this.
  16. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, the VA for Subaru is fucking awesome.
    It's amazing and awesome how he can switch between two tones so easily.

And hey! The seven sins!

Confirmed Pride, Sloth and Gluttony.

17. Arbiten

Reading List:
    Link
    Betelgeuse isn't human, he's a spirit like pack (Not sure if they'll cover this in the anime). So he can possess people. More specifically
    He can only possess people with the witches scent., like Suburu

First part is right. Not gonna class it as a spoiler, since as you said, it's fairly obvious.

Not sure about the second. Some theories state that Suburu was in love with Satella in the past, but when she became crazy he was forced to seal her making him the "Saint" that you hear about, but never see. Because he sealed the only person he ever loved, he sends himself to another world and wipes his memories. Satella's seal begins to weaken with time and so she uses her power to summon Suburu back (Yandere). Since Suburu can't remember his abilities, Satella can keep him in check by using unseen hands to stop him from revealing his abilities. After all, she's always watching. (Shown when a face appears next to Suburu and says "I love you")

This is just my theory mixed with the general theory someone posted a while ago.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  18. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, this theory would make more sense for anime-onlies if they showed us what was written in the tree (are they gonna do it in season 2?) either way, my knowledge regarding the future of this series is awfully limited so I don't really know how can I theorize without reading the source material.
    (Btw, I wanted to ask, is there a reason as to why the White Whale didn't kill Subaru in ep 17? I mean, I have a theory that states that the Whale that attacked Otto's carriage was a clone of the original one. But then, did someone kill the While Whale in a single hit? I mean, I think that she wouldn't be focused in Subaru if she knew that she was being attacked by a strong opponent, so did someone as strong as Reinhardt attack the whale while using Subaru as a decoy?)
    (Oh, and, another thing, I wanted to ask you if Subaru's workout on earth was a fruit of his attempts to justify himself just like he did in Wilhelm's training)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  19. Arbiten

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure what you're asking in these questions xD I'll try and answer the best I can though.

For the first one, I don't remember reading about whether or not the whale was a clone in the RAW's. The general consensus is that the Whale thinks that Suburu is a mabeast entering it's turf. So although it beats him up to teach him a lesson, it does not kill him. I can't post spoilers, but all mabeasts are sensitive to the witches scent for a certain reason. Adding on to this, due to the origin of mabeasts it's possible that they also give off the scent of a witch.

Well, a lot of people just think the writer made it that way just for plots sake.

As for the last thing, I'm not sure what you're referring to. I'll have to look back in the RAW's.

BTW: For those wanting more interactions between Beatrice and Suburu. You will be VERY happy in the future. (Sadly, won't be covered in the anime)

As for season 2, depends on sales I guess. It's a popular series, so it's very possible.

20. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal

Reading List:
    Link
    In Subaru's talk with Rem (ep 18) he says that he was pushing his body to the limit just to justify himself. I was wondering if he did something similar back on earth with the whole "workout despite being a NEET thing".
    As to why I ask such questions, it's because I like to unravel every small detail of this particular series. Don't ask me why tho, this is one of my reasons to love this series. That's it.