Discussion Read this novel if you hate yourself

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by OldManGu, May 3, 2019.

1. OldManGu

OldManGu Legendary Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://sj.uukanshu.com/book.aspx?id=50896

This is the most self abusing novel that I have ever seen. The author must like to torture the readers. All of his readers have to be masochists.

The story is over 3000 chapters and ongoing. It untranslated and looks like it has at least a few thousand chapters left. I have only fully read the first chapter. Then I just looked at all the chapter titles and skimmed through some.

The mc seems to be a cultivator and pro gamer. He makes a bet with an evil sexy woman and they have sex. She gets a man to break his hands, shave his moms head, do stuff to his dad and kidnap his 10 year old sister for many years. She says that it’s the price for his arrogance. That’s all done by chapter 4.

The mc breaks up with his girlfriend and gets bullied in high school because he’s afraid of being arrogant. He’s been forced to lick shoes, eat spit, drink foot washing water and been forced to eat out a toilet.

The mc has to win bets with the guy who beat him up to get his sister back. He works for the sexy woman. He got to talk to his sister after winning the 2nd bet and hung up on him because she didn’t know him.

The funny part is that he still picks up hot girls. This author hates the mc. I can’t understand how anybody could read over 3000 chapters of this and it still has thousands of chapters yet to come out.

Wujigege likes this.
  2. 5d100

5d100 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, even with revenge stories, I read them for exactly that.

Revenge.

this, however, Seems to just be there for the author to express his kinks and repressed emotions.

just a thought.

3. OldManGu

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked the part about shaving his moms hair. But I don’t like how the author turned the mc into such a loser. The idea of a video game cultivator was already to dumb for me to read though.

Wujigege likes this.
  4. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds fun

Wujigege likes this.
  5. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    That seemed a little tame when you consider that I read about a MC who was tortured using a pain amplifying device soo much that he basically forgets himself, the one he loves, his ambition and even falls in love with the torturer because the device inflicts the same kind of pain on the user when the user uses it.... all described in under 250 pages only. Yeah, after that almost all revenge web novels became kind of tame... as a plus though he does kill the torturer in the end though.

Wujigege and OldManGu like this.
  6. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The fuck? So is the MC strong or just acting weak? What about the girlfriend after breakup, and long lost sister?

Wujigege likes this.
  7. OldManGu

Reading List:
    Link
    Wtf was that

Wujigege likes this.
  8. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    A novel that I thought was about adventure ended up like that about 300 pages in, it's a published western fantasy novel btw.

Wujigege and OldManGu like this.
  9. OldManGu

Reading List:
    Link
    I only skimmed through a few chapters so I’m not 100% sure. The mc lets himself get bullied because his pride got his sister kidnaped. I don’t know anything about the girlfriend because I just skimmed a few chapters. But I’m 100% sure the sister was still hostage around chapter 2100. I think they were going to have a fight or a video game contest with each other as part of the bet. But my guess is that she’s still a hostage at chapter 3000.

Wujigege likes this.
  10. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminds me of the sword of truth series.

OldManGu and kuu0haku like this.
  11. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's exactly it.

OldManGu likes this.
  12. OldManGu

Reading List:
    Link
    Anymore details

13. Kuroguma

Reading List:
    Link
    What kind of details do you want?
    I don't think that happened in the first book? Been ages since I last read any books in the series tho.

OldManGu likes this.
  14. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    @Kuroguma First book, just visited wiki for confirming that.

Kuroguma likes this.
  15. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Ain't got nothing on deadtube.

16. Kuroguma

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I checked as well and you are right.

kuu0haku likes this.
  17. samzee

samzee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wizard's First Rule. First of the Sword of Truth series.
    Specifically, near the end. I remember reading this and found it very odd at the time but I think it is because of a 'sword of truth' or some sort of artifice or power.

Soon an artist who can control enchantments, separates Richard from the group and he falls into the hands of a Mord-Sith named Denna who brutally tortures him for a month. The Mord Sith report to Darken Rahl, and Rahl hopes to force Richard to recite the Book of Counted Shadows, a magical book which Richard had memorized under the bequest of his father. However, Richard's innate gentleness alters their relationship, and Richard eventually breaks free of Denna's control by turning the Sword of Truth white, with the power of love for her, rather than the sword's typical harness of anger. Rahl allows Richard to wander free, but sets a wizard web on him which makes all of his friends think Richard is an enemy,

kuu0haku and Kuroguma like this.
  18. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese novel ?

19. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ever read about something where one puts a magical device into your mouth and when it touches your tongue, it feels like a rod has been driven through your mouth, or when the device is put into your ear it's like a hot iron put shoved through your ear-canal, or about when one is tortured in said above and more brutal ways and brought to the brink of unconsciousness but not allowed to faint and is tortured till one is broken. Yeah, I imagined the whole scene fully and vividly(the screams and everything else) and regretted it later.

OldManGu likes this.
  20. OldManGu

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep