Spoiler Rebirth In The Novel: Indulging The Female Side Character

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Clars, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Description:
    Ye Chu is a miserable supporting character from a novel (she transmigrated).

She’s the most famous socialite in Shanghai, but her existence was to emphasize the magnificence of the white lotus female lead.

In the previous life, Ye Chu died in an accident. After rebirth (still in the novel), she didn’t only want to get revenge, but also change her fate, allowing every side character to have the opportunity to shine. Ye Chu and Lu Huai are a fake couple in their previous lives but reunited in this life.

They probed each other at every turn and slowly got closer to each other. They two fell for each other and confronted their enemies together.

Link :https://www.novelupdates.com/series/rebirth-in-the-novel-indulging-the-female-side-character/

Alternative name:
    民国女配娇宠记[穿书]

spoilers...plzzzzz:blobpopcorn::blobpeek::aww::blobpopcorn_cool::aww::blobpeek:

izznis, stumblmer, Venice1 and 2 others like this.
  2. CoryLeia09

CoryLeia09 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers please :aww::aww::aww:

3. CoryLeia09

Reading List:
    Link
    So... I couldn't wait for the spoilers and the translated chapters so I'm currently MTLing this novel. I'm only at ch30. So for now here's a little bit of summary for it:

It started with FL and ML being in a car crash. Then FL was reborn again and she was in a cake shop. When she realized that she was reborn, she called her mom and knew that in this life, this time, all of her loved ones were still alive. She happily brought a cake for her mom then walked back to her home.

It was already dark and while walking, FL felt that she was being followed, so she tried to attack the guy behind her. She then found out that it was Lu Huai (the ML). She then realized that ML was being chased by some guys, so they tried to act like a couple when the ruffians were near. When they left, she bid farewell to the ML and decided not to be too entangled with him in this lifetime. But because she was clever and calm during their encounter, ML became interested with FL and asked his men to find her, although all he knew was her voice, height, and that she had porcelain white skin (he didn't see FL's face because the street lamp was broken and it was dark).

The next day, she was setup for a blind date with Chen Yuyuan. This guy was in love with Ye Jiarou, so in the past life he created a rumor about FL and ruined her good reputation. This time, FL willingly agree to the blind date to get back to the guy. FL ordered all the expensive food in the restaurant, then revealed that she knew of hia handle, that the his lover is pregnant. So she threatened him that he mustn't make any bad rumors about her. Then she left the restaurant, leaving the guy to pay for all the expensive food that weren't eaten.

Afterwards, the guy drink with his friends. They asked him if FL fell for him. But he couldn't talk sh*t about her, so he told his friends that FL was so gentle and kind that he didn't deserve her (even though while saying this he wanted to vomit blood lol). So in this way his friends told their sisters and their sisters told others that FL is a fairy like existence and this was heard by FL hahaha...

4. CoryLeia09

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realized that the summary was too long lol:blobpats::blobpats: anyways here's more...

Afterwards, there was the birthday banquet by Yan Manman. In this past life, Ye Jiarou had the FL wore the same kind of clothes like Yan Manman. This made YMM angry with the FL. So this time, FL had asked her maid to bring the news to YJR that the clothes of YMM is a white cheongsam but the truth is that YMM will wear a red dress. When they went to the department store, YJR told the FL that white suits her and pushed the FL to buy it but FL said that she likes the red one. YJR said that she'll buy the red and reiterated that FL looks good on white and to buy it.

On the day of the banquet, YJR used a peach blossom perfume, FL told her that she's allergic to it so YJR need to carpool with others. This made YJR arrived late for the banquet. YMM was starting her speech but was stopped by the arrival of YJR so she was annoyed by her. YJR tried to pour dirty water on the FL by saying that she arrived late because FL didn't let her join in their car (she was saying this using her white lotus acting and trying to look aggrieved). But FL told her in front of everyone that she is allergic to peach blossoms perfume so she musn't blame her.

On the 2nd day of the banquet, YMM saw that YJR was wearing the same dress as her, so she asked her maid to pour soup onto YJR's dress. She was embarassed so she walked out of the hall then she saw Yang Huaili near the lotus pond. She then tried to seduce him by tripping near him, with tears in her eyes and looks that says she was being bullied. Seeing her look like that, Yang Huaili then asked her who bullied her and if he could help her. FL then told YMM that she saw YJR and YHL together near the pond. So they went there to take a look. When YMM saw YJR with YHL she pushed YJR into the pond. YHL tried to help YJR but then the guests also flocked near the pond, so he let go of her hand and kept a distance. YJR was then left flailing in the water. The guests then laughed at her and some said, "I remember that the pond is just a meter deep, why are you still there looking like being drowned." The FL then told YJR to go back to her room, and that because of her their Ye Jia lost face.

FL lost her way on the mansion, it was dark and then she saw that someone was ahead of her so she tried to ask for directions, she was then attacked by the guy and was like being played, she escaped and found her room. The guy was ML and he recognized her voice so he tested her martial arts. He then asked his men to investigate about FL.

On the return home, FL's car was broken, ML's car was just behind so he let FL join him in the car. YJR hearing that FL was being invited into the car if ML was also trying to get into ML's car but was blocked. She rode into the next car with ML's subordinates. ML was asking FL about her martial arts skills and FL tried to placate ML that she learn it with her cousin and that she is quite harmless.

When they returned home, YJR asked FL on what the FL and ML talked about and if ML asked about her (YJR). When FL said that ML didn't mention her, YJR didn't believe the FL. FL then retorted that ML didn't even know about YJR's existence and if she really wants to know if ML knows about her, why not ask ML himself.

YJR and her mother was called by grandma Ye and they were admonished because of her actions in the birthday banquet

5. CoryLeia09

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm gonna continue reading.. so that's all for now :blobpeek:

reard, Aquaa and Mangafreakspark like this.
  6. CoryLeia09

Reading List:
    Link
    I may left out some scenes in the novel. Please ask away if you have any questions while it is fresh in my mind. Sometimes I tend to forget things about the novel after a few days of completely reading it. Here's the next summary:

FL saw Ding Yue, she's a singer and in the previous life she was a cannon fodder who was in love with Mo Qing Han. FL followed Ding Yue and saw her approaching Qiao Liuye and asking him to accept her as a singer in the Xianhe Palace. Qiao pretended to consider her. He asked her to go to the boat with him but afterwards, his cronies shamed Ding Yue. Qiao Liuye poured hot tea on her face and she was thrown into the sea. She swam back to shore and FL helped her. They talked and because of FL's goodwill towards Ding Yue, they became friends.

While FL was walking in the streets, she realized that she was being followed by ML's men. In the past life, ML taught her anti-tracking skills. So she used these in order to leave behind ML's men. She thought, "don't blame me for using these, your employer was the one who taught me how to do it." (LOL!) She finally lost them in a department store and ML's men could only defeatedly report it to ML.

After a few days, Ding Yue went to an interview for an office job. She still likes to sing but she put it on hold for the meantime. FL accompanied Ding Yue to the office. While waiting for Ding Yue to finish the interview, FL went to a bookstore to buy some books for her mother. ML was passing by and when he saw FL looking for a book high up in the shelf, he helped her in getting that book. ( Sigh... the overused cliché scene hahaha) Anyways, when FL noticed that it was the ML, she didn't talk to him. ML realized that FL was angry at him for being tracked by his men. So holding the book as hostage, he asked FL to go to his car and talk with him. Inside the car, ML apologized to FL and told her that he'll have his men retreat and not follow her anymore. FL was a bit surprised by the ML's apologies.

7. CoryLeia09

Reading List:
    Link
    Shen Jiuye (ML's friend) finally knew that FL is the girl that ML was looking for. So he tried to matchmake them hahaha... when he heard that ML would be meeting someone (it's Song something can't remember his name, a cousin of Song Qianru) in a tea house, he asked the date and time so that he could make an "encounter" between the ML and FL. Then he asked his subordinate Cao An to invite FL to have tea with him (Jiuye) on the same place. FL refused. When Cao An said to Jiuye that she refused, Jiuye blamed Cao An that he looked fierce and maybe FL was scared by him. He told him to smile when talking to FL. Cao An tried to smile but his smiling face was very ugly (hahaha).

So for the second time, Cao An went to FL's school again with some of his men. FL thought that they would use force but when she get near them they smiled so brightly (hahaha) and looked at her like she was their saviour (hahahah) Cao An invited her again to join Jiuye for tea. When FL hesitated, Cao An and his guys then, bowed and in a loud voice asked FL again. (Hahha I laughed really hard while imagining this scene) FL then accepted the invitation because she thought that Jiuye asking her for tea might be related to ML. Cao An and his guys then loudly thanked FL (hahahaha and I think that Cao An like to shed tears of joy for this one)

ML knew about Jiuye's arrangement in the teahouse but he pretended not to know and he wanted to see how Jiuye's plan will unfold. On the day of the meeting. ML met with Song something (lol still can't remember the name) and when their business dealing was done, ML said that he'll stay for a little longer and had Song leave early. Jiuye heard that ML's meeting ended and told the FL to go on a specific part of the teahouse while he went to another part of the teahouse where he could view ML and FL. It's a corridor with a blind corner, wherein in Jiuye's imagination ML and FL would bumped into each other and have their fateful encounter. His imagination was rich, but reality is cruel haha... Because Song Qianran (cousin of the above Song) held back ML and confessed her feelings to ML (for the umpteenth time). FL seeing this, hid in the corridor and was trying to leave. When Jiueye saw this, he was frustrated and ordered Cao An to have men blocked off FL from leaving. FL have no choice but to listen to the cringe worthy confession of SQR. ML then cut off her monologue and brought out his ice cold aura. SQR became scared and leave. When SQR left, Jiuye's men pushed FL towards the ML. FL was surprised had no time to react, while ML caught her in his arms. (Haha I'm imagining Jiuye's happy dance for this success). ML glared at the guy who pushed FL and he thought, "Seems like Jiuye is bored, better to keep his busy these days." ML then drove FL back home.

So sorry for the comments, but these are the parts that I've enjoyed hahah... i really like Jiuye because of his gossipy nature and trying to matchmake ML to FL.

8. CoryLeia09

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I forgot that FL could hear a voice telling her things that she didn't know or those that are currently happening that she isn't aware of. Examples of these are:

Chen Yuyuan having a lover and that lover (Li Siwen) is pregnant.

Yang Huailin and Ye Jiarou met and YHL gave her a gift.

Ye Jiarou and her cousin Jiang Bojun planning to kidnap FL

The voice told her that it was helping because of FL's wish in the previous life during her visit in a temple. The voice then disappeared after saying this to FL.

9. CoryLeia09

Reading List:
    Link
    There are also some flashbacks (memories of their past life) from time to time. For FL, she would remember things or sometimes she would dream about it. For ML because he didn't have memories of their past life so sometimes he would dream about it and he will feel that he had experienced it. The dreams are a bit unclear for him, like he couldn't see the face of the woman (it was FL) who accompanied him or he couldn't hear the things that they were saying.

FL's flashbacks, there are a lot of them but these are the important ones that I've piece together:

Mo Qing Han and Ye Jiarou targeted the Ye family because Ye Jiarou's mom died. The Ye family wanted to protect FL by sending her to Hongkong but she realized that something was wrong so she went back to her family. FL then experienced Ye Jia being destroyed. FL's mother died of illness, her father was poisoned. FL was again being sent to Hongkong but was blocked by MQH's men. While running away, she met her cousin Su Mingzhe. He helped her run away into the forest but he was shot. He told FL to go to her hideout when they were kids. While hiding, FL realized that all that was happening was in a novel. That she has transmigrated into it. She remembered that Lu Huai was the villain of the novel and that he has the power to contend with MQH. So afterwards she looked for him, saved him and marry him to track down the remaining Ye family (her cousin, Ye Haoxiu). They had a contractual relationship wherein in public they would act lovey dovey, ML would teach FL the skills that she need to get revenge and FL would inform ML of future events.

In one of ML's flashback:
    When they were leaving the temple, they were ambushed. Someone was trying to shoot ML but FL blocked the bullet for him. ML killed the man and rushed FL to the hospital. She went in a coma and the doctor told the ML that if ahe didn't woke up, she'll die or be a vegetative person forever. ML realized then his feelings for FL but because of their contract his feelings are being restricted. He finally kissed FL while she's in a coma. FL was also restricted because she felt that she's in a weaker position than ML.

10. Venice1

Venice1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @CoryLeia09 thank you so much for the spoilers
    I have a couple of questions that I hope you don’t mind answering:

1.) what happens to the original ML and FL from the novel in this timeline?

2.) What does our FL do to prevent her family’s down fall?

3.) was the FL maternal family part of the Ye family’s downfall?

4.) In the summary it says that FL is also helping other side characters escape their fate, what does she do to help them?

5.) Does our ML ever get his memories from the old timeline?

6.) How does our FL fall in love with the ML? Is there any cute moment if so what are they?

7.) When do people realize how evil both the original FL and ML are?

rubyjanist likes this.
  11. CoryLeia09

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome @Venice1 :blobowoevil:
    I'm only at ch108 so there's still alot that I haven't read but I'll try my best to answer these :blobsmilehappyeyes:

1. Well there's a lot of happenings in this lifetime haha... Well in this timeline. ML and FL got to know each other early on while the villains Ye Jiarou and Mo Qing Han are not yet acquainted with each other. So the ML and FL could still save the Ye family and deal with MQH earlier.

2. FL first tried to deal with protagonist halo of Ye Jiarou. She step by step crushed her and in where I'm currently at, YJR is on house arrest with ML's men monitoring her movements. FL also teamed up with ML to deal with their common enemy, Mo Qing Han. He's a bit slippery so until at ch108 they still don't have clues on his appearance.

3. No. In the last lifetime, only the immediate family of the FL was destroyed. Her maternal cousin Su Mingzhe was accidentally killed because he tried to protect FL from the ones chasing her. The paternal cousin Ye Haoxiu was MIA so one of the reasons she marry ML was to look for him.

3. Well one of the side characters was Ding Yue, the singer. In the last life time she was just a cannon fodder to bring out the brilliance of Ye Jiarou. In this life, FL befriended her and Ding Yue became a popular singer in Shen Jiuye's entertainment hall. Another side character was Qin Lan. In the previous life, he was loyal to Mo Qing Han. In this life, FL helped him and roped him in to their side.

5. In where I am at, ML still doesn't have any memories of their past. But sometime he would dream about it though would not be clear.

6. I think FL is already in love with ML even in the past time line. But because of their contract, she restricted her feelings. There are many cute moments in here. In one chapter, ML will bring the FL to the blackmarket, so before they go he told her that he needs to test her skills first. In the end FL was being kabedon by ML. Shen Jiuye walked into the room and saw them. He was so surprised but put his hands on his eyes and said, "I didn't see anything, please continue." :blobowoevil:

7. Well Mo Qing Han is still hiding so otger people dont know him yet. For Ye Jiarou, her facade is being slowly dismantled by FL. In one chapter, FL let Yang Huaili (YJR suitor) go into a secret room, while YJR and FL are talking into another room. Because YJR thought that there's only her and FL in the room so she revealed her true face. She then told FL that yes she was the one behind FL's kidnapping but so what, there's no evidence. Also she told FL that as long as she let Yang Huaili see that she's kind and fragile, she can lead him by the nose and let him believe in her. Yang Huaili then revealed himself and broke up with YJR.
    In another chapter, FL put a bug on a restaurant room, and let her parents hear on how YJR plan with an outsider on how to ruin the FL. These led YJR be kicked by their father out of Shanghai and transfer to Beiping (or Peiping? Sometimes it would translate with different same sounding names lol).

So there you go... Whew:aww:

12. Venice1

Venice1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CoryLeia09 likes this.
  13. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers.....

PrincessBubblegum likes this.
  14. CoryLeia09

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's another dose of summaries:

When FL heard a voice telling her that Ye Jiarou and Tang Huaili are getting close to each other. FL met with Li Siwen (Chen Yuyuan's lover) and told her that YJR is the reason why CYY broke up with her. She asked LSW to make a ruckus with YJR. LSW went to YJR's school and she she begged YJR, infront of a whole crowd of students, to give CYY back to her. She just wants to have a complete family for her unborn child. YJR denied that she has any relationship with CYY. YJR wanted to cry and do her white lotus act but LSW beat her to it. LSW immediately cried and because she looked frail and with her large belly, she gained the synpathy of the crowd. When YJR wanted to leave, LSW acted like she fainted. Because of this incident, YJR's reputation in their school plummeted and Yang Huaili also heard of it thus, he tried to kept a distance from YJR. (White lotus b*tch vs white flower b*tch. White flower wins hahhaa):blob_grin::blob_grin:

15. CoryLeia09

Reading List:
    Link
    In one of the chapters, when ML drove FL home, FL talked about the news that she have read about a shipyard being destroyed and people were killed. ML told her that it isn't as simple as being printed on the newspaper. That there's a behind-the-scenes guy and they haven't found any clues about him yet. FL then conjectured that it might be Mo Qjnghan making a move against ML.

FL then decided to help ML. She secretly passed a morse code message to ML by having a child delivered it to him. The note only says that its from a "good hearted person" and its about an arms dealers and in the previous life, there were many casualties in this incident. ML immediately planned to deal with it and when the incident happens, there were almost no casualties. ML began to be curious of who could be the good hearted person, how he knows about the incident and of why that person has a similar handwriting as him.

During an academic meeting, FL and her classmates stayed in a hotel. FL also met ML there. She then remembered that an incident would happen in a public square. She tried to pass a message to ML's room but as she tried to slip the note, ML saw her. She then acted like she's trying her key to the room and that the key didn't fit. ML told her that it was his room. But FL argued that its her room. ML then used his own key to open the room. FL then apologizes and rushed out of the hotel. She went to a telephone booth, and called the room of ML to tell him about the upcoming incident. ML then prepared for it and was wondering how the good hearted person knows where he is staying and the telephone number of the room.

16. blackpinklmao

blackpinklmao Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! Can you please share the link to the raws? And is the MTL readable?

17. CoryLeia09

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's the raws:
    http://m.txt101.com/id/2988/

Well, for me its easy to understand the novel during MTL. I'm already immune to the bad grammar and the changes in name of some characters, like Qiao Liuye. He might be Qiao Liu, Joe 6, Qiao Yuzhen, etc hehehe...

18. CoryLeia09

Reading List:
    Link
    ML assumed that FL was the good hearted person. So in a banquet. ML met with FL and told her to get something in his car. When FL opened the box, there's a morse code note there and she realized that ML knows about her. So she then wrote a message of another incident. She then returned the keys to ML and ML saw that FL wrote about the meeting of black forces in the city.

During the ML's ambush on the black forces meeting, one of its members was severely injured. ML needed that guy for some information, so they drove him to a nearby hospital. At the hospital, ML had a headache and because of this, his vigilance was lowered. Someone then took a shot of him, when the ML noticed this, it was already late so he was shot near the heart. ML was comatose for 3 days.

The news that ML was hospitalized was blocked but Qiao Liuye noticed the absence of ML. So he invited FL to dinner. FL wasn't able to refused becaue she was blocked by Qiao Liuye's men. It seems that Qiao Liuye became interested with FL because her eyes are similar to Liuye's first love. When Liuye tried to touch FL's eyes, FL kicked him in his injured ankle, used a knife to threatened him and then quickly tied him up. She then ran towards the Peace Hotel. Along the way, she met a man (He Wei), who helped her stopped Liuye's men that were chasing her. At the Peace hotel, she was able to contact ML who have just woken up.

ML then told FL to stay in his room at the Peace hotel so that Liuye wouldn't be able to touch her. Ml then rushed to the hotel and also invited Qiao Liuye to meet up. He threatened him and said that Fl is his counter scale. He shot Liuye in his legs and said that if he still entangle with FL, ML will severely deal with him.

19. CoryLeia09

Reading List:
    Link
    Something about Shen Jiuye. He's a friend of the ML. The owner of Metropolitan Entertainment Hall. When he was just a newcomer in Shanghai, he was poor and had his money stolen. It was raining and then a girl gave him an umbrella and some money. Later, he went to her school and returned her umbrella to her, she said that her name is Ayi. One time, he was being chased by the men of Qiao Liuye, he was thinking of leaving the city so he secretly sought out Ayi to say goodbye. She then told him that he may go to the Peace Hotel to seek refuge. Shen Jiuye then met ML and he was then taken under the protection of ML. He then climbed into the ranks of (in the MTL) Qing Dynasty (i think its a group or gang or something like that) but the girl suddenly disappeared and even though he investigated, he couldn't track her whereabouts.

It was then revealed that Ayi is the sister of ML. Although Shen Jiuye knew that ML has a sister, but he didn't inquire about anything else. So he didn't know about Ayi's condition.

Ayi was in a sanatorium for many years. It started when someone put a fire on her room. Her body was burned even her face. ML brought her out of the country to seek medical help. They were able to gradually heal her, but she has some scars on her body, she has a new face, she lost some of her memories and she couldn't speak because of psychological problems.

When Ayi's condition got better, ML brought her back in Shanghai. When Shen Jiuye saw her, even if her face was different from the ones in his memories he could still recognize her. Although Ayi couldn't recognize him, Shen Jiuye still tried to befriend her. He also got ML's consent to visit her from time to time. Shen Jiuye also tried to learn sign language so that he could understand her during their conversations.

In where I'm currently at, Shen Jiuye escorted Ayi to view a film together with FL and ML. (It's a double date:aww::aww::aww:)

In the previous life, Shen Jiuye was all alone and didn't have any lover while Ayi died. In this lifetime, both were able to meet again. :blob_teary::blob_teary:

20. CoryLeia09

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the funny moments in this novel is when FL and ML go to Beiping (or is it Peiping or Peking? MTL sucks huhuhu) to keep Ye Jiarou in house arrest. ML and FL went to a restaurant to eat but then Yan Manman went in their private room to see FL. FL was flustered because she's with ML and it isn't known that they are close. But ML let her open the door for YMM. When YMM saw FL and ML she was very surprised and dropped the box of pastries. She then thought, "Lujia San and Miss Ye Er went far to Beiping just for private meetings." FL then blurted out that they are just friends. YMM gave her a side eye and said, "A'Chu don't forget my cakes (sealing fees :blob_sunglasses:)." And she immediately left to give them some space.

Then at the end of the chapter there's a small theater:
    Author: getting caught, feels like being in an affair.
    Lu san: ah?
    Ye Er: ah?

And when YMM and FL were at the train, ML passed by with YMM's father and both FL and ML were acting like they are not close to each other. YMM was like, "Act, continue to act, the 2 of you." :blobjoy::blobjoy: