Spoiler Rebuild Word

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by SILVERINK, Sep 9, 2020.

1. SILVERINK

SILVERINK Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems that Katsuya is also an old world connector like Akira

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  2. Nairne

Nairne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just went past the chapter in the WN that suggests that.
    Though the chapter I read (somewhere between 90th and 100th WN chapter) just mentioned that another contractor is working with a clone/another Alpha instance(computer thread?) and that said contractor is very talented and has a personality and circumstances similar to Katsuya.

What puzzles me is that Katsuya and Akira didn't see each other's Alpha any time they had an interaction. Might be something Alpha did to their vision.

So I don't feel as strongly about this speculation yet.

It also seems the city administration worker who interrogated the woman bandit/thief from the extermination(exploration? the one the city issued for 7 days) request might be the 498th contractor. His "number" so to speak might be even lower though as its not stated outright.

3. SILVERINK

SILVERINK Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the administrator if I recall it right is connected to the old world through artificial means or a device of some sort (he can see another version/clone of alpha but had limited access or authority and he's looking for an old world conmector which in later chapters had known that Katsuya is one of them)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  4. SILVERINK

SILVERINK Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the 100th chapters or so, MC's Alpha said that MC nearly die and since the 'other' contractor (which with various clues and recent events can be said to be Katsuya) is talented, Alpha request more support to Akira's side but was denied by the other Alpha.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  5. Nairne

Nairne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not Kibayashi, Kibayashi is the guy that loves reckless guys and wants Akira to keep going.
    I'm talking about the interrogator guy, the one who says that contracts are very important and that being able to talk and make deals/contracts is what separates humans from monsters.

The guy gets on my nerves whenever I read about him.
    His indecisiveness (he couldn't defend Sara and Elena after the Bounty Mission when one teammate of his said S&E were not needed before the mission and only Katsuya&Co. are needed and afterwards had complaints about them not doing they "bodyguard" even though that was not what the contract stated), denseness, him being so spoiled he thinks he always is right.
    He should lose the support he has - i.e. there should be no more babysitting for him, so his mistakes stick to him and its plain to see he is a screwup.

6. SILVERINK

SILVERINK Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LoL got the name mixed up. Sorry about that.
    he's accesing some old world benefits or what not through a black card but denied

MC states that Katsuya is a good guy.
    But man, I want him to go down. He have some grudge to MC only because the girl(Elena) he likes favors MC, thinks that Akira is better hunter than him, MC change Reina's(one of his teamate)bad character, etc.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  7. Nairne

Nairne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's a brat - I can understand Shikarabe, just like Elena and Sara after the Bounty Quest. The only ones I pity are the two girls that are always with him. But just barely, its the typical heroine trope twice, and one of them is a masochist that just loves to be the mediator between Katsuya and whoever he speaks to - because that almost never ends well if its someone who isn't spoiling him.

8. SILVERINK

SILVERINK Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the 90-100+ chapters, there is an event where MC was pickpocketed by a girl. MC tries to catch the thief. Scared because of the MCs killing intent, thief girl run and 'coincidentaly' meets Katsuya. Katsuya protected the girl and Akira being outnumbered(Katsuya's Harem members), no equipment(destroyed because of previous events), without evidence decided (with convincing of Alpha) to retreat.
    Katsuya was happy because it is first time in a sense defeated Akira, provoke him saying that even she was a thief it is the MCs fault for putting his guard down. Because of this, they almost fight but MC decided to retreat. One of Katsuya's harem member seems to understand that Akira is telling the truth that the girl they save is really a thief but decided not to tell because she doesn't want to spoil Katsuya's mood

9. Nairne

Nairne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know right.
    At least one of the girls scolds him.
    Its nicely explained later that Katsuya always thought Hunters are so great, etc - like heroes (when Sheryl "consoles" him)
    The fool lives in a dream that doesn't end because he has enough talent to have nice results, even if people die. But he doesn't realize he is just pulling people into his own path. Its similar to the way medieval generals/lords were - their armies died for their own goals most of the time. People will also just be pulled into Katsuya's path or follow him willingly and I just cant wait until he makes a stupid mistake and it backfires on him

I am very curious what will happen to that one though. She wants to join Sheryl's gang and Nasha (the girl who is scouting the gang for her) - has no idea of how Akira looks (at least up until chapter 115 where I am right now).
    The chapter where Aruna (the thief girl) steals from Akira mentions that her luck run out on that day, so I wonder what will happen to her :blobpopcorn:

10. Nairne

Nairne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reached chapter 200.
    Its a shame Akira has no interest in such things. But then again it's good that it's not a case of "you found me then you are my master" like in most of the novels/mangas nowadays.

11. Nairne

Nairne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was very surprised when Akira killed Katsuya. I had a feeling the author would keep Katsuya until the end of the story, but Katsuya had to be the fool that he is and not stop when told that it is a misunderstanding.

Odorico likes this.
  12. Nairne

Nairne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Caught up with WN raw - it's starting to heat up. Its a shame we will probably have to wait before the next bunch of chapters.
    • Whats Hikaru's relationship with Shirou. What does he mean when he says that she's the person he wants to save at all costs.
    • What will Airi and her band of revengers do after running away from the city - there is a bounty on their head now and Yanagisawa knows she is connected to the Alfa-like AI.
    • What will Reina do now that she is in good graces with Alice?
    • How will Carol's relationship with Akira evolve? They seem to be slowly progressing in Carol's desired direction.
    • Will Akira's new equipment arrive before Shirou's "vacation" ends? And will they be able to conquer whatever ruins Shirou wants to conquer?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    Odorico and Kalar like this.
  13. Izanagi_Mikoto

Izanagi_Mikoto Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which chapter is this? I am surprised because I thought this too about the author. I'm interested in all of your spoilers but this one the most.

Edit: Nvm. I found it. The scene was briefer than I thought.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  14. rissira

rissira Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens to katsuya's harem after?

15. Zinafzi

Zinafzi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which chapter ???!!!

16. Izanagi_Mikoto

Izanagi_Mikoto Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The conclusion between Akira and Katsuya's fight is chapter 223. I'm using machine translate so I'm not 100% on the details.

17. Eihpla_Duana

Eihpla_Duana Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My only gripe in the story is how many characters keeps telling that Katsuya is talented but the story shows the contrary. Its said that Shikarabe pick him up because he sees potential in him, he's the leader of the young hunters in his gang because he's the strongest, Airi and other girls falls for him because he somehow save them, but in his introduction he keeps missing his shots that Airi and Yumina had to cover for him, so its talented in fighting prowess, he's described as hot headed and he keeps picking fights at the heat of the moment, so strategy and long term planning is also out, because of his constant fights he alienates others creating factional disputes, so he's not good in politics either, the story keeps him in a pedestal that he can't possibly climb without help, but his friends help him because hes in that pedestal, so how did he get in that pedestal.
    Then there's the reveal that hints his also one of the old world connector too, for me that cheapens him even more, if he also has the same support as Akira and only having abilities comparable to him, while also more difficult to control, then why does the other Alphabprioritised him than Akira,? Its explain that because he has more talent but his actions and results speaks otherwise.
    For me Katsuya's supposed talent is a good example of tell not show, it kinda diminishes my enjoyment of the otherwise good story.

Zinafzi and Odorico like this.
  18. YinBlak

YinBlak Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God, someone answer this.

19. SeventhTale

SeventhTale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell if Katsuya has some kind of mind control sh*t or something like that? After reading what happened on Sheryl on translated chapter, and reading the Ch.134 raw about Kurosawa's concern, I can't help to think that there's something going on.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  20. SeventhTale

SeventhTale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, I was glad when she reap what she sow and got killed by Akira. Though she survived and managed to negotiate again.

Odorico likes this.