Request recommend me some chinese boy names

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jiang ying yue, Apr 22, 2021.

1. jiang ying yue

jiang ying yue 神様!

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently writing a QT story but I'm really stuck on the name of a few characters, can you give me some Chinese boy names? I think atleast 6-7 can do

It would be nice with the characters too! Thanks

2. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    Jin
    Ren
    Xion
    Minh

3. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Out of the surnames...I dunno: Zhang, Su, Wang, Qian, Xie, Zhao, etc. There's a Wikipedia page for common Chinese surnames.
    For given names, just throw together whatever pinyin sounds good to you. If your readers don't know the tones and characters, it's kind of hard to determine whether it's a feminine name or not lol. I don't know distinctions between feminine and masculine Chinese names other than that it's usually feminine if it has characters that mean/are associated with flowers or beauty.

But if we were to go with Chinese characters, Chinese often choose auspicious or virtuous characters, or those symbolic of what kind of future they hope the child will have. Small bits of poetry are also common, as is sharing the first character with a sibling in two-character names. Uh, of course, a lot of them are fairly random. One of my acquaintances has met a person whose given Chinese name is simply 人(pinyin: Ren. It means 'person'). One-character given names are common, but 人 struck me as too simple haha.
    Common characters in boy names, hmm. Dunno, I'll just take a few guesses as to what might be popular from my fading memory. Many people still have two-character names, so try to have some variety. Simplified Chinese characters below, BTW. I put a (rough) translation as well.
    Jun 君(lord), Hong 洪(great), Hua 华(Common name, no meaning), Jian 坚(tough), Long 龙(dragon), Hui 惠(wisdom), Ren 仁(piety), Guang 光(light), De 德(morality/ethics)

Feel free to give your character a name with super obscure character in it, lots of people do that in real life.

4. Halcyon Observer

Halcyon Observer Full stop

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a character early into The Strongest System who had a very particular name.

His name was Dog Balls the Second.
    Feel free to use something similar, though I'm pretty sure you won't use it at all.