Spoiler Red Laurel Flowers To My Emperor / 나의 황제께 붉은 월계수 꽃을

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by dunnoperson_, Sep 14, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Elju

Elju Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for your effort, you are our salvation, I thought we'd never get over these discussions. finally someone who spoilers. the novel is not yet fully translated, is it? what will become of the other concubines? What does Ml say about the kiss with Dirk and Fl? does he have a fight with derek? did Fl have a sexual relationship with Derek? I hope that the concubines get a happy ending, they didn't do anything wrong and should be treated well. not the blonde but the rest has done nothing wrong until now. If you have the answer and time to answer, I thank you in advance.(y)(y):X3::X3:

2. chokiiren

chokiiren Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hello welcome, the mtl that i’ve read is completed but it’s really confusing with the shitty grammar so I won’t be sharing it to anyone else, and if anyone is reading my spoilers, if there’s any misinterpretation i’ve done pls do correct yeah!!!

What happened to concubines?
    - As far as everyone knows for now including me it’s really unclear whether ML only has 3 Acasis or more than that, but all I know is that the Acasis system was demolished once Roel became Empress, they really didn’t state what exactly happened to other concubines but since Suah was one of them, if i’m not mistaken, she kinda got her name back in the Celts family (not really sure if she has a position or not but all is well for her)

ML thoughts when he found out the kiss
    -
    So, Derek kissed FL in her room prior to the date of her birthday, and remember when she was called by Ethan? Yea that was exactly on her birthday too, Ethan surprised her with a Laurel Tree and they eventually did snu snu. When she went to Ethan she wore a scarf tho to cover up Derek’s hickey, but since Loel and Ethan did snu snu he eventually saw the hickey and was pissed, FL wanted to explain more but in the midst of pleasure, angry Ethan rammed into her. They eventually talked about what happened between her and Derek, i’m not sure if they talked about it post-deed or days after the deed i kinda forgot but yeah they talked it out in the end anyways

did FL had a sexual relationship with Derek?
    - no she didn’t, it’s usually Derek who tries to get a hold of her but FL resists anyways

also if anyone can mtl this novel properly please do, i love this novel sm cause of FL being a strong FL, her road to revenge was so satisfying, and the thing that i love the most in this story is how flawed any relationship can be which is quite realistic, i mean yeah her relationship with Ethan is too good to be true, but if you look into her past relationships between Ivan and Derek, the way they portray importance of closure, moving on etc gives me a lot of comfort. It also shows how FL can be very vulnerable with ML, though the boring part is when they talk about a lot of politics lol I’d still rate this novel a 10/10 i love it

3. Elju

Elju Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for your effort,:aww::justabotow:
    I like FL too, she's rational, doesn't behave like a child, knows her strengths and weaknesses. i don't like it when is too unrealistic and fl is superhero ,you can be strong and you can have weaknesses.
    I can also feel the love she got from her parents and the rage that it was taken from her.

4. NoirB

NoirB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you too!!! Take all these loves ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

5. Aashi

Aashi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will

twinkle012 likes this.
  6. Amalliaa

Amalliaa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May i ask what relationship between roel and ivan?

7. Deppressonothappio

Deppressonothappio Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I came here to find spoilers since I liked the story but instead found people bitching about the Ml's virginity. If it's a big deal for you and you don't like harem then just pass this and don't waste your time giving your 2cents, specially, if you get aggravated when someone has different opinions to your taste. This is a "spoiler" page not a "I'm offended by what a person wrote so I'll go to it's spoiler and btch about it because the writer needs to cater to my wants" write you own fckng story.

8. Blue119119119

Blue119119119 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure where you read this but he is not a virgin. ( I don't even know why is it bad not to be one)

Don't read it if you don't like it if ml have concubines. The setting is in ancient times. It is how women were treated don't get me wrong I also don't like it but if you are very uncomfortable with the setting and him having concubine it is best for you not to read it

Don't read it if you don't like it if ml have concubines. The setting is in ancient times. It is how women were treated don't get me wrong I also don't like it
    "..... but more that that I hate when Asian authors use harem system in what looks like European historical setting, because it makes the whole story unrealistic as there was a completely different religious and cultural context in the East and West."

_______

Actually I'm not sure if you know but in many if not all asian cultures back them have a harem system. In korea, Japan, China etc. The emperor have not just 20-30 concubines but they have up to 10,000 concubines and most of the concubines never even met the emperor during their life time because the emperor have his favorite concubines who he gives favor to which is only around 5-8 who are born as noble and there is tons of concubines gifted to emperor just as a gift for peace of a small village etc. and of course other than the 5-8 concubines the emperor is favor towards, he also have concubines just for s*x and not just emperors other guards in power also have concubines not just guards but ordinary citizens who also are wealthy too would have concubines and wifes we call "1st wife" and "second wife" the first wife normally born also from wealthy family for status and "second wife" normally is very pretty and married for her looks and then the concubines. But harems definitely exists in asia and it is definitely more brutal than the west. Stories of concubines killing other concubines, poisoning them, making them blind, killing their child, switching their child is completely normal

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
  9. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t know what made you think that I don’t know this. You have provably misread my comment. The problem of this novel for me is not a harem per se, it’s that the harem is added into European historical setting where it has never existed. It is a very bad example of cultural appropriation that ruins a lot of k-novels for me personally.

salty25 and arlovebird like this.
  10. Blue119119119

Blue119119119 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah okay yeah that makes sense. It is my bad sorry! I probably misread. Yeah.. I also find it weird that so many manhwas have harems in European historical settings or just manhwas setting in European historical settings in general but I just kind of deal with it now since nothing will change maybe they just like European history....? I don't really question it anymore tho I wish more manhwas in historical korean setting but there is actually quite a few in historical setting but anyways i get you point!

its0k likes this.
  11. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like a hypocrite because I like reverse harem but didn't really like harem. But the FL is really cool so I will read this until the end.

salty25, Yume-sama and Aashi like this.
  12. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so used to seeing reverse harem with a woman having concubines,that reverse harem to me now is a man with concubines.XD