Question Regarding Sevens LN

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by MrSoul, Apr 13, 2021.

1. MrSoul

MrSoul Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Years ago I read Sevens(WN), while I did enjoy it overall there was a something which bothered me a little regarding the harem part (disclaimer, I read the WN a long time ago so I don't remember everything about it, what I'm going to say is how I perceived the novel myself);
    Lyle is gunning for the main heroine, the main heroine is trying to make a harem for Lyle and the harem is gunning for Lyle (political and romance wise)

While I don't have much to say about the main heroine or the political side of the harem I was disapointed in the romance part of it mainly, I felt like the haremettes were mostly used as tools and the romance was pretty much one-sided.

To give a example, there's that girl (the one who use a gun) who is the daughter of a wealthy merchant, if I remeber right she is seduced by Mr Lyle in order for the party to get funds.
    After that she is only used as a convenient wallet and nothing more (I do remember that scene when Lyle need to ask her something so he go in town to get a gift for her).

As such, I was wondering if that part (the romance) was handled differently in the LN and if so, in what ways (I don't mind spoilers)

I tend to find the romance part of this author's novels to be a bit lackluster (best one in my opinion being Otome games and worst being dragoon)

2. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the LN only just got to the part where lyle seduces wallet-chan so dunno how the treatment is gonna differ. I can't really remember the wn so idk about differences.

MrSoul likes this.
  3. MrSoul

MrSoul Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the answer, I guess I'll have to ask again in a few month (or years ?)

4. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well...so far, I'd say one difference has been that the harem members are more open about their feelings? fractions are more prevalent, and you see more of the party dynamics with each other and not just lyle. hopefully, Vera gets better treatment, she was my favorite from the WN alongside aria and clara.

MrSoul likes this.