LCD Reika-Sama (Kenkyo Kenjitsu)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zephron, Feb 7, 2016.

1. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To quote onii-sama, Reika is an idiot in a good way :aww:

Bakaragi is an idiot in a bad way :notlikeblob:

Red.Gamer, Moy, DeAlifia and 2 others like this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    *nods at Onii-sama's wise words*

Now if only Wakaba-chan turned him down properly! His feeling are obvious! Dump him for Reika-sama already!!!! >.<

3. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    One practical problem with this scenario though... if Kaburagi becomes (as it were) officially unattached and Reika stays unattached then it's quite likely that their parents will hook them up sooner or later. Kaburagi's mother likes Reika and of course Reika's parents would happily push her towards Kaburagi if they get the chance.

Remember that in the original manga, Kaburagi's mother opposed him hooking up with Wakaba except at the very end. In a scenario where Wakaba rejects Kaburagi, then his mother might decide to get him officially engaged to someone suitable before he ends up with someone unsuitable (from her POV) again... and top of the list would be Reika, unless they actually ask her or Kaburagi...

4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    While that is possible, I think that Reika-sama is grown up enough to be able to go against her parents' wishes in this kind of scenario.

Like... She already went against her mother's wishes a few times, even she ended up backing down at the last minute... With something as important as marriage, I'm pretty sure she would stand her ground and fiercely oppose it.

5. Midnight2630

Midnight2630 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what a lively chat while we wait for what bakaragi will do to 'help' Wakaba

6. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Certainly Reika would not take it lying down (and onii-sama would support her). However, she wasn't able to oppose her mother about going to Suiran and more recently she hasn't been able to persuade her mother to let her style her own hair how she wants it (ie her mother is forcing the drill-hair on Reika). So if it was brought up more as an opportunity then I think Reika could and would shoot it down. However, if Kaburagi's parents and Reika's parents meet up and already come to an agreement (without talking to the kids) then it could be difficult to reverse it. Certainly Reika would probably consider it her biggest crisis (considering what happened in the original manga) but if an agreement between the parents is already in place it would be hard to reverse (with everyone being happy). So it would be the proverbial "in between a rock and a hard place".

I have no idea what the author plans but something along these lines could well happen as part of the climax of the series. Or maybe it'll stay more slice-of-lifeish (for example, it might not be "over" in high school and could continue into university).

PS Obviously, the correct solution is to "get rid of" Kaburagi sooner rather than later so that this can't happen :D

7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    It would certainly be a complicated situation, but I think they'd be able to solve it if both Reika-sama and Bakaragi showed they were clearly against it.

They'd probably be able to easily get Enjou's support too, which may end up mattering for Bakaragi's parents.

... I agree that they should just get rid of Bakaragi though! Let's throw him off a cliff! \(^^)/

Moy and Arcturus like this.
  8. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure if they both opposed strongly they could get it postponed at a minimum...

Another possibility if Wakaba rejects Kaburagi - he falls for Reika when she's unintentionally nice to him...

Death by Reika's cooking! Ohohoh :blobowoevil_horns:

Fuyuneko and Arcturus like this.
  9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think he could fall for Reika-sama, she is his comrade in rejection, not a love interest.

She is 100% friendzone material, even if she wants to be on the strangerzone instead! \(^^)/

Fuyuneko likes this.
  10. LeeEzekiel

LeeEzekiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter out, woo~! Thanks Estelion.

Good god Imari is dangerous. It's a good thing that Reika is pretty resistant to his charms.

I'm kind of hoping that Takateru has a girlfriend. Poor guy's been swamped with work and looking after his adorably dumb sister the entire novel, he needs someone who will dote on him.

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    The one that holds Onii-sama's heart is none other than Imari-sama! \(^^)/

I bet they have been going out since Middle School!

Arcturus likes this.
  12. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    And Imari has been teasing Onii-sama by showing affection for Reika! *nods nods*

AliceShiki likes this.
  13. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Friendzone would be progress for these two :blobamused:

It's definitely a long shot - it would require a particular set of circumstances. But I think Kaburagi being rejected (again) is one of them. Remember that he was practically suicidal over Yurie. I think he's emotionally vulnerable with regards to these things. So, if he's suffering from rejection and during that time Reika happens to do something that touches his heart (whether intentionally or not) then I think he fall for Reika.

Yeah. She has built up years and years of resistance. If she was hit by his charm without any resistance I think she would be a lost cause.

I kinda hope Takateru ends up with Yurie... I think they would work.

Fuyuneko likes this.
  14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *nod nod nod nod*
    Took me a while to remember who was Yurie... Teehee?

She would work with Onii-sama, but Imari-sama fits him better! \(^^)/

15. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    The only problem is where the grandchildren come from if Reika ends up with Wakaba and Onii-sama with Imari. Pretty sure her mother wants some heirs.

16. LeeEzekiel

Reading List:
    Link
    May I introduce you to a friend called "degenerate foursome"?

17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmmmm, it would be troubling indeed...

Reika-sama could always go through artificial insemination though! \(^^)/

Or, Imari-sama could fully dedicate himself to researching Mpreg~

18. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohohoh, translations for 199-200 are here. I can finally talk about this! :blob_grin:

Firstly 199, this is interesting in all sorts of ways when you consider how original manga Reika was and our Reika is. The original Reika definitely did dodgy stuff behind the scenes and apart from her clique probably nobody would have defended her in a scenario like this. But our Reika has rather different image thanks to how she publicly took down Tsuruhana (back in middle school) and the 3 sports clubs more recently. The way the guys talk about Reika like she's some kind of heavyweight champion (in terms of presence and in terms of how she crushes weak opposition) is hilarious. The more significant turning point is Mochida coming out and talking about how Reika helped her in the past - Reika's past good deeds come back to support her. Our diligent and reliable Reika-sama has been quietly racking up karma.

Secondly 200, while there had been a few minor hints dropped by Wakaba-chan, finally the truth comes out. Reika and Wakaba become a bit closer. But, the real surprise is surely Kaburagi going to Reika to ask for help with romance. Well, Reika got something useful (perhaps) for her trouble. Ah, fun times ahead :aww:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  19. LeeEzekiel

Reading List:
    Link
    Reika-chaaaaan, stop making the Kisshouin family look so shady! God! A blood seal, really? This isn't the yakuzaaa! Poor oniisama's gonna have to do some damage control.

I knew Reika would be ditzy enough to use a marked envelope, ahaha. Writing about herself in 3rd person, and warning people to 'watch out'... that's some A+ dark history. But at least we got a sweet Reikaba moment~

Also, it's kinda sad that even I just nodded along when the boys said she was the type to crush her opponents directly. That was more effective evidence than a dozen testimonials. Accept your scariness Empress Wu.

EDIT. Wait. Waitwaitwait. Is it normal for uber rich ojou samas to carry around box cutters in their pencil cases? I mean, she is in the handicrafts club, but...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  20. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Well. I wasn't expecting that with Kaburagi, though it was pretty amusing. I was expecting Kaburagi to feel kinda bad for accusing her and keep trying to apologize to her, only for Reika to constantly run away or put him off. And then it would more and more amusing as Kaburagi gets more and more desperate with his weird sense of honor and unfortunately keeps on showing up at the most suspicious times causing Reika to be even more certain that he is investigating her.

Ran ahzu, AzuraValle and AliceShiki like this.