LCD Reika-Sama (Kenkyo Kenjitsu)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zephron, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Seraphim

Seraphim 天使の王

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm? But there is already a translation up to chapter 299 though? In fanfiction. Though it is not that great, it is good enough.

Also uhm... how do I put spoiler tag?

2. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's not listed on NU, it shouldn't be discussed here. It's like how we consider spoilers from lnmtl to be no go.

Shio, Chiiiiiiiii and Lonelycity like this.
  3. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    There are two ways. Select the entirety of your text, hit the '+' button on the post menu, and hit spoiler. Or you can surround the text with [SPOILER ] text here [/ SPOILER]. Which looks like:
    TEXT HERE

Just remove the two spaces I added in the brackets

Rhypnic likes this.
  4. LeeEzekiel

LeeEzekiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gorou-chan. Really.

Kaburagi is a goddamn prodigy at jumping to idiotic conclusions.

Someguy666 and Chiiiiiiiii like this.
  5. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cue the Mission Impossible music: how to say something nice about Kaburagi without lying...

Agony Aunt Reika-sama.

Reika ogling the wrong (?) Kaburagi...

Romance for Dummies.

Confessions of a stalker...

kenar and lunarshadow like this.
  6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    That revengeful Enjou, trying to torture Reika-sama with the whole corpses under the Sakura talk~ *giggles*

And sorry, but I'm pretty sure everyone on the Pivoine knows you're a glutton... *pat pat*
    Oh, I'm so happy I took a while to read the 2 new chapters, I missed the spoilers~ <3
    *hugs*
    Bakaragi no baka~

He should have just realized it was a weird nickname and not think too much on it...
    Dum dum dum~

She could say he is really dedicated and works really hard to achieve his goals, and that he is extremely protective of the people he cares for~

Reika-sama needs to up her game~
    She gave real answers though... Like... "Don't do anything my father do and you'll be fine~"
    Well, she does have a thing for older men... >.>
    At least he is honest? And she did help him anyway... By helping herself.
    Oh, come on, surprises aren't that bad... And he did not try anything funny, so it's fine.

Lonelycity likes this.
  7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    What comes to my mind:
    [​IMG]

I know it's not that close, but I was like, 100% sure Saikawa said Goheeeee, and not Boheeee, so it came to mind~
    Reika-sama... Just because you have no boyfriend to celebrate Valentine's with (nor Wakaba-chan), and you lied to Mao-chan which made you have no Christmas celebration, it doesn't mean you can use your own problems to try and take advantage of Buddha... Please repent! *smacks her head*

8. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the story will ever progress far enough (time-wise) that we can see a drunk Reika. That would surely be interesting. In-world it would be a bit under 3 years from this point.

Compare and contrast to Reika's reaction if she was dealing with Enjou. I don't know if I should find it slightly creepy that Reika admires onii-sama's subtly ruthless interrogation when she is the subject... or whether I should be happy with the gap between how Reika feels about onii-sama and how she feels about Enjou.

9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Would be nice to see a drunk Reika, but I think Estelion said the story barely updates on the raws these days...? Doesn't look feasible.

... And wow, that comparison between Enjou and Onii-sama is pretty amazing... I didn't think of it at all! >.<

10. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the raws... so yeah, unfortunately it's been 6 months since the last update.

Still, we can hope!

Imari's description of onii-sama sounds quite close to Enjou:
    Also:
    I can see Enjou trying to do this with Reika, though since she considers him to be black-hearted she reacts in a different way to onii-sama but that's probably fun for Enjou in it's own way.

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope is important! \(^^)/

And yeah, they are really close and I hadn't even noticed! >.<

But... Well, it's the difference with family bias, Enjou is an evil snake, Onii-sama is evil when he wants, but not with Reika, just playful~

12. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    It's one of those things where it's hard to say what's accurate and what's not since nearly everything is coloured by Reika's point of view. But yeah, Enjou does seem rather too keen to "play" with Reika - just about every exchange involves him baiting Reika or similar and it seems quite rare for him to be entirely serious. Onii-sama is more discrete.

One definite difference between onii-sama and Enjou is that the former has been known to gut punch people (eg Imari) who cross the line while I don't remember any hint of Enjou doing that.

13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    That's because Reika-sama will gut punch him first!!! :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

But yeah, it's hard to know how things are because almost everything we have seen (save from one idle talk or another) was from Reika's PoV~
    Well, that's what makes it so lovely though~

Arcturus likes this.
  14. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Reika's POV is what makes it so lovely. You could say that it's a series staring Reika's hopes, Reika's fears, Reika's silliness, Reika's food, Reika's romance and Reika's interactions with other people. Anything else is just a bonus :blobshh:

It would certainly be interesting to get a chapter or two from Enjou's POV, or Kaburagi's POV but I suspect that won't happen until near the end of the series. I wonder how much such a thing should change our view of those characters.

kenar and AliceShiki like this.
  15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *nod nod* I think Este said once, Reika is the one that makes this whole series, otherwise it would be just a story about a girl that eats, gets fat, starts a diet, repeat~

Reika-sama is the best! \(^^)/

Hmmmm, their PoV is best being unknown IMO, I mean, I don't wanna know how they honestly view Reika, it's more fun to be limited to how Reika views the whole thing and have our own headcanons about them~

Arcturus and kari-no-sugata like this.
  16. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww::blobokhand::blobhighfive:

Yeah, she is. And she's getting even better with time too.

Indeed. As a reader, it's easy to desire answers but there are times when having the answers before the end of the series would actually reduce the fun. I love to speculate about the characters and possible directions and that would be much harder if we knew everything as it happened. Which is part of why I suggested we won't see POVs from Enjou or Kaburagi until the end - as it would ruin the suspense otherwise.

For example...

What does Wakaba really feel for Kaburagi and if Kaburagi confessed to Wakaba how would she respond? What do Kaburagi's parents know about Wakaba and what do they think about the situation and how would they react if his potential romance with Wakaba succeeded (ie they officially started dating) or failed? Are there any male characters (eg Enjou) with romantic feelings towards Reika and are they ever likely to act upon it and if so, how would Reika respond? Does onii-sama have a girlfriend / fiancee - if so, why is he keeping it a secret and if not, why not?

Some of the above are more significant than others but if we knew the answers to some then it would likely give away major events of the series.

AliceShiki likes this.
  17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *nod nod nod* All of them would be huge plot points that could be spoiled by a change in PoV... Besides, would ruin the whole shipping~

18. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe im biased too against takateru but i cant help to carve more takateru and reika's interaction since they are so cute xD

Chiiiiiiiii likes this.
  19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Bakaraaaaaaaaaaaaaagiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *hits his head with a warhammer until it sinks on the floor*

Don't go inviting a girl to a fancy dinner out of the blue! Good thing Mizusaki-kun was there to stop you from having time to do it!!!

Reika-sama is getting bolder though, to think she is paying more attention to the sweets than Bakaragi, and openly speaking her thoughts about him being a dumbass... She is lovely, I'd totally date her if I didn't have a girlfriend already~ <3

Bakaragi is being a surprisingly small hassle to deal with though, good to see that she has grown enough to deal with the likes of him with ease~

Chiiiiiiiii and Arcturus like this.
  20. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Kaburagi not understand dating 101? Reika-sama! Smack him! Smack him with your Fan of Doom until the stupid is beaten out of him!

Last edited: May 10, 2018