Discussion Reika-sama's Future

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Aldis, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Aldis

Aldis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello~ Reika-sama's new fan here. Something about Reika stuck in my head and I want to write it. Sorry for any grammar mistakes. This is just a fun-prediction about future plot based on what already written, while praying Baby Chick Cake still alive, got heavenly sermon, and decided to continue her/his novel, AND agree to publish it because I'm pretty sure any normal publisher must have target this web novel already. This web novel is really suitable to get live action adaption, seriously.

Lately I re-read the English translation from Chapter 1 and realized something (currently read translation up to 217 and machine translation up to 299).

Reika stated her 5 'simple' wishes when she was young (oniichanyamete's translation):
    1. Cherish harmony amongst others. Don’t make needless enemies.
    2. Do not waste money. Steadily save up the pocket money you get. Set aside college tuition for after the fall.
    3. Do not get involved with the Emperor. Naturally, do not get involved with the Protagonist who will appear during the High School Section.
    4. Show no interest in other people’s romance, or else show a smile and faintly flaunt the fact that you won’t get in their way. “Faintly” is important here; you can’t have too much of a presence.
    5. Even if you do fall into ruin, make sure to find a job that will provide for your meals. The goal is a government worker.

We already know the cruel realities awaits her 5 years old self:
    1. Cherish harmony > Well. She did become the person who try her best to achieve the harmony. Almost no enemies, at all. Since most of them afraid of her. She's not harmonizing. She controls the harmony.
    2. Don't waste money. Saving for tuition. > She did do that but I guess her pocket money is still too much. Also, remember she once addicted to night TV online shopping? I think she still doing it.
    3. Do not get involved with the Emperor. > She get involved with the Emperor.
    Do not get involved with the Protagonist. > Is her best friend.
    4. Show no interest in other people’s romance. > She's secretly a Love Counselor.
    5. Even if you do fall into ruin, make sure to find a job that will provide for your meals. > Not happen yet.​

Looking at these five wishes, we can see what the Author trying to aim (aka the main concept), and makes me wonder about the future plot of Kenkyo Kenjitsu. Especially number 2 and 5.

Remember about Reika's parent view towards the commoner? Remember how many commoner friends Reika has? I'm guessing something will happen about them and Reika will be very, very, angry at her parents. I don't think it will about insults, maybe related to Wakaba? Doesn't both Kaburagi and Kisshoin husband-wife thought their children well suit each other? It's not impossible if, judging by how the relationship between the patriarch is kind of okay (not that close but quite nice, I think), both family already gives hints about the engagement.

"If only such a lovely lady like Reika-san is my daughter~"
    "Oh my, Kaburagi-san~ To have a wonderful son like Masaya-kun is... ohohoho~"

Maybe her mother starts to interfere Wakaba's family? I predict Reika will 'fall', like run away from home and living as commoner when she's college student, using her big saving. Both her rich and commoner friends will be shocked, but still visits and helps her. She might works part time in food related industry, or maybe join the Wakaba's family business.

It's really a radical future judging by how her father dotes her so much tho. Her parents' view are rarely mention anyway. But! even Takateru in early chapter agree with how bad the parents view to the commoner is. Reika did changes a few thing but mainly herself (by being herself, actually) and her father (job related) but none about that view towards commoner. It seems the family rarely discuss about it too.

(There also option that what really happen is the opposite of "Even if you do fall into ruin, make sure to find a job that will provide for your meals." > She doesn't fall into ruin. She can't find a job that will provide her meals. But judging by her current condition, quite unlikely.)

No idea how Enjou's plot (that slowly get a spotlight) fits 'true commoner Reika-sama'. But plot-wise I have a hunch that Baby Chick Cake want Enjou and Erika get close each other, with climax related to Enjou's family issues (Yuriko? That fiancee).

I'm looking for the day Reika-sama leaves her curls behind~

No. I'm looking for the day this novel update again :')

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  2. Ninilia

Ninilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, uhh... I don't know if it's still alright to answer this thread, but I'll do it anyways...
    So yeah, I'm really hoping for a new update, especially since it had been so long that I got into this novel the second time.

I always imagined Reika's future, like 1, either getting married into high society (like Enjou) and her parents' being disappointed it's not Kaburagi, but still accepting or 2, finding a love in lower ranks or maybe with a commoner and either with or without her parents' consent.

I'm pretty sure romance awaits us in the future, because for once it has the tag both Shoujo and Romance on it. The other reason is just a speculation, but in one of the early chapters Reika received a 'future blessing' at the match-making shrine. Later she gets a curse or some kind of negative blessing just before the whole fiasco with Tomoe-senpai, so I guess we can assume they do tell the future in some way.

With that in mind, Reika possible love interests are rich or at least earn enough to help her out in need.

1, Kaburagi's not surely but is a possible future, and if he's the end game then Reika will have to worry about nothing, since there'll be no dispute from both families and they're all filthy rich

2. Enjou's her parents possible second best bet, as their standing is equal or maybe even higher than Reika's. Of course there are some tragic possibilities, I can imagine.
    If her parents still don't accept it, which I really doubt, because that would be illogical, the Enjou family can still support her.
    Or maybe Yuiko gets in the way, and the Enjou family really wants him to marry her (even if Reika probably has a higher status), and then Enjou becomes a runaway, so then Reika parents don't approve of him. That's probably my overthinking, but Enjou's still a capable guy who will have no problem getting into university and landing a good job. However, yeah Reika will have to work in this scenario.

3.Fellow Stalking Horse even if he's not Pivoine, he's still rich and counts in her parents' approval range of friends (I assume?), and again pretty capable guy, so he could help her out.

4 Imari probably wouldn't last until anything major happens, Onii-sama would make that sure, but even then he's still Pivoine and a working adult who could already support her.

5. Wakaba's or Kanta's case is the 'returning to commoner' lifestyle, but I'm pretty sure the family would welcome her with open arms. The bakery would be her dream, so it's still a happy lifestyle.

Let's not forget about Onii-sama either, as a siscon he would probably continue to support her, and put a lot of pressure on their parents (who both dote on Reika). He openly supported Reika of having commoner friends, and honestly him having her back would mean a comfortable lifestyle for her.

I honestly never felt like the story would go into the commoner direction, I just can't really imagine it. It's more of a comedy than a drama (and that would be a really dramatic turn), but who knows what waits for us in the future...
    (I hope I could gather my thoughts in a way people understand it, haha)

3. Aldis

Aldis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ninilia Of course it's okay! It's really fun predicting something we love. Sorry for not replying. I made this thread on a whim and kinda forget about it.

Yeah, the commoner route that actually match with her 5 years old's plan that most of them backfired, judging by her current condition, is need a very drastic event to make it happen and quite unlikely. Part of it because how Reika act towards her parent (condemn the commoner while knowing your daughter have no elite's quality??! lol) and her parents themselves. There also one thing tho, it can be that the real cause of Kisshouin clan downfall is not the father but 3rd party (her father got framed). If this true, Kaburagi's involvement will not matter.

Btw I re-read the chapters again (yes, again, for the nth time) and notice something I think important.

In Chapter 26 Reika mentioned how in her past lives she used to be used and betrayed by (girls) with the type that boys want to protect (the meek one, weak type). That time she was making comment about Fukioka Sakurako, who used to looks like perfect Yamato Nadeshiko but actually a non-idiot, female mini Kaburagi version. Notice that Reika never talk again about this past events.

Then Uryuu Yuiko came, with her delicate-looking, soft and reserved, "transient and ephemeral like the moon rippling on the water".

Judging by how the Author loves to foreshadow, I bet Uryuu Yuiko became Reika's "close friend" later. Maybe in College Arc? I still not sure her decision about college tho. If we consider about 'Naru-kun' (another foreshadow character), most likely Reika will join National University (with Aoi maybe?).

Anyway I still pray the author revives and write again, please.... QwQ

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Bella94, Dianatouille and FourSeasons like this.
  4. FourSeasons

FourSeasons (..)(・.)(: )(¨)( :)(.・)(..)

Reading List:
    Link
    About Reika's love future:

Hey, I remember there was a chapter about the time when a bird shit fell on reika's hair , she fainted and her friends carried her to clinic, someone (i think it was class rep) saw another someone (not specified) smiled after seeing that.

My first speculation is it was Kaburagi. There were so many scenes where Reika caught him looking at her since childhood. Mostly, Kaburagi has still his poker face. Still, everytime it comes to that, Reika just set it aside as "Ugghh he saw that!! So embarassing!!" but never puzzled why he was looking at her in the first place. Also, in the scene mentioned in the first paragraph, the class rep (if he is that person) seems to be surprised to see the mysterious person smiling (i'm not sure, maybe it's just my imagination, please clarify to those who have re-read it). Kaburagi always have his poker face so it would be surprising if he suddenly smiles. There were also the scenes where Kaburagi learning about commoners made him interact more with Reika. There are tropes in novels and mangas where since you learned a thing from a certain person, everytime you redo that thing, you'll remember that certain person. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ So there's a high possibility of this ship.

For this ship to sail, there must be an event where Wakaba has to refuse Kaburagi, which is very hard to think about considering Wakaba doesn't seem to be against the advances of Kaburagi. Maybe cliche trope where Kaburagi's family will interfere, but Reika will help. Or maybe, the ridiculous trope, Wakaba will be like the other schoolmates, will ship Reika with Kaburagi, but Wakaba seems to be a unique heroine so she will not likely do that. There was also the problem of how Reika will react if Kaburagi suddenly fell for her. She's an oddball and I don't know if she will be compatible with wood face.

I also have speculations to other ships but I'll post it after arranging my thoughts hehe

Don't know if I'm posting it on the correct thread (• ▽ • ; )

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Bella94, Whimssica and Dianatouille like this.
  5. Aldis

Aldis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @FourSeasons Oh don't worry about that! Ship is okay too. Basically this thread is for predicting future arc after chapter 299 (spoiler allowed). At first I found it amusing how her 5-years' old plan seems.... backfired, and tried to predict what next based on it. I'm curious how the author will write about "Naru" and Yuiko.

What you talking about is Chapter 71 (or 70?)! That's my favorite one! Hmm, I disagree tho. The reason is because there was precedent every time Reika got in stupid incidents, Kaburagi tend to mock her yet he never bring up the bird-poop incident... Reika's reluctance towards Kaburagi and Bakaburagi's stupidity also one big hurdle, even though they are actually quite suitable for each other! I realized later that both are food connoisseur, both love sweets, both have 'mask' (Kaburagi seems more natural tho), both are natural stalker, both have a 'ruler aura', both are honest and upright, both have grandiose idea of romance (Reika is more rational, thank god), and both are idiots in their own way~ I'm pretty sure if the current Reika doesn't afraid with Kaburagi, they will start off right away from foodie-partner to higher one~

Ah, the reason I think the smiling person is Enjou is the author's technique to end the both pov which cut Bouda as option and casually mention Enjou later (the comments in translator's site explain it); and the fact that Enjou turns out to be a keen observant too, even more than Reika, maybe in par with Takateru? I read the chapter when the Kisshouin held an important party, Kaburagi accuses her not appreciate the food enough (even though she's the one behind it) and Enjou defend her by talking about how she never leaves food behind and always eat dessert. Reika never eat with them in one table. He stalks her like it's normal thing to do. He's more stalker than the foodie duo.....

... wait, when I wrote it like these... the trio is stalker.... will be amusing if they become a quartet and turns out Wakaba has stalking ability too...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  6. FourSeasons

FourSeasons (..)(・.)(: )(¨)( :)(.・)(..)

Reading List:
    Link
    Fumu~ it would be very fun if they became a stalker trio, not mentioning if Wakaba also joins too :blobxd:

If you word it like that, then there's also the chance of Enjou×Reika ship~ Although why would Reika not notice Enjou when he was always around Kaburagi during the times when Reika gets into embarassing situations. Must be Reika only focuses on protagonist. There's also Enjou being black-belly at times which is a popular trait of ML in several novels. The author just had to insert Bird Brain-kun who ships Enjou with his relative, although he's funny~ Actually the relative isn't really specified as future partner of Enjou, right? Just a potential candidate if I remember correctly.

Also I look forward to relative of Enjou being friends with Reika if the theory mentioned before is correct. Another person who will learn of Reika's antics hehe. And I want more scenes with Enjou's little brother~!!

Bella94 likes this.
  7. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    reading this thread feels nostalgic somehow.

Aldis and Muffin288 like this.
  8. Aldis

Aldis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I wonder about that too :'D I think she starting to 'aware' about him... in high school? Maybe.

She was too afraid with Kaburagi (before she made him sign agreement) and it frustrate me sometimes. Tbh she never realize her worth too. Actually, although their clan history might be differ and Kaburagi a rank higher, their current social status is same. He can't make her bows to him especially when current Kisshouin's heir is very talented.

Indeed. No further information either about the other candidates.
    Maybe Enjou was lying.
    Maybe Yuiko get rid of them early OwO

Re-read again and found something interesting:
    I think... seeing her "husband" candidate start to going astray, maybe future plot will have Yuiko 'closer' to Reika as friend, maybe in University?

Yuiko outside is totally like Sakurako. I think it was mention in later chapter how Reika kind of afraid with Yuiko, the type that boys want to protect. These similar statements were mention twice (or thrice?) so I think it's important.

SixMagnitudeGirl likes this.
  9. SixMagnitudeGirl

SixMagnitudeGirl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I just finished reading chapter 299 and one chapter really stuck to me even now.... It's the chapter where (we got glimpse of the future?)

Wakaba and Mizusaki are in the police force or something and Katsuragi wants Reika to be his mistress or something so he wants her found...? and Reika is in Wakaba's home super weak...

Is that a joke chapter? please someone enlighten me....

I can't remember which chapter it is.