Recommendations Reincarnation into ancient kingdom with minimal fighting

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by ChrystanthemumPlucker, Apr 8, 2021.

1. ChrystanthemumPlucker

ChrystanthemumPlucker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I recently got hooked into novels that concerns with reincarnating into ancient(?) or older periods of time, where its like historical instead of made up time period. So far the two I'm hooked on are as follows :
    1. since i was reborn as saito yoshitatsu i'm planning to hand over my territory to nobunaga and live longer(MC Reincarnated as nobunaga's rival and develops from there with his wit and medical knowledge)
    2. Chronicles of the hardship of komachi in the sengoku era (this one is similar, also contains nobunaga, where the mc basically propels the standard of living forward by a good century or so through agriculture and a plethora of other things, there are some palace intrigue as well)

So, in accordance with my current addiction, I'm looking for some novel where there is a satisfying progress of power and influence from non-combat or at least not solely on combat prowess be it through agriculture, cultural influence, politics, whatever sector that is less bloodshed heavy. Preferred if its an actual historical novel or at the very least uses real history and real kingdoms as its backdrop, in short, need me some historical novel set in ancient kingdoms where MC rises through the ranks through non-combat ways oh and also BL is fine, and if its not translated but can be MTL-ed then that's fine too i guess, but NO HAREM ALLOWED!!!

Deleted member 162966 likes this.
  2. Tsubaki -

Tsubaki - Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Back To The Beginning Of Ming To Do Charity and Royal Road
    Both are BL and highly recommended.
    In addition, if you want to MTL I'd like to mention Yue Xia Die Ying's (月下蝶影) Greetings Princess Returning Pearl's Empress Dowager (还珠之太后金安) and Providence (天佑). The former isn't a romance and the latter is a BL. Due to censorship (Qing Dynasty setting) they aren't available on the official website anymore.

ChrystanthemumPlucker likes this.
  3. ChrystanthemumPlucker

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the answer! I've bookmarked royal road on chrysanthemum garden, also what's the back to the beginning of Ming about?

4. Tsubaki -

Tsubaki - Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A modern college student gets reincarnated to the end of the Yuan Dynasty and becomes a prominent warlord known as the Southern Bodhisattva. Through his actions, influenced by modern Chinese thinking, he gathers supporters and land. Contending with the other warlords for hegemony and peace. Ironically all his actions are seen as 'charity' by everyone else.
    But, it's not too focused on romance and the pov shifts quite often.

5. ChrystanthemumPlucker

Reading List:
    Link
    ah, thanks! that seems to be interesting tho a tad bit bloodshed heavy if the reviews are to be believed...will still be checking it out tho

Tsubaki - likes this.
  6. Halcyon Observer

Halcyon Observer Full stop

Reading List:
    Link
    Mediterranean Hegemon of Ancient Greece
    I haven't read too deeply into it, but it definitely seems like it knows what it's talking about in historical contexts. MC starts off as just a foot-soldier in a mercenary group.
    It has a Polygamy tag though isn't classified as Harem, so do what you see fit with that information.