Discussion Reincarnation vs Transmigration

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by just.checking, Apr 7, 2021.

?

Reincarnation vs Transmigration

1. Reincarnation

2. Transmigration

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joospinch

Joospinch Don't click my avatar!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Transmigration kinda wish fulfillment because most of the time they dont really use real world knowledge like in xianxia, in other times they just make S O A P

I like reincarnation especially second chance novels.
    I also like qt just for the faceslaps and refreshing quick stories

2. Jevanka926

Jevanka926 Grumpy and Awkward <3

Reading List:
    Link
    I like both.

But....

I agree with this:

3. paputsza

paputsza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I chose reincarnation merely because it has higher highs and transmigration has mot of the lower lows. I love zombie reincarnation shopping trips so much. However, I dislike the vast majority of reincarnation stories. I just want the reincarnated individual to go back maybe a year before they died. For the most part I prefer transmigration stories, but it has its weak points. I don't really like quick transmigration, especially if there's no over-arching plot, why not just make it several standalone stories? I don't like transmigration stories with a character that didn't need to be a transmigrated character in the first place because they don't carry over any of their personality from before and they never had any skills that they will use in their new life. I haaaate transmigration stories in which the mc changes with their change of character. Like, I don't want to see a thirty year old office lady die and come back as a 5 year old and then proceed to get a crush on a 7 year old boy, rubbing on his stomach and stuff. That's creepy as hell and I don't know why people write it. While I'm at it, blame my modern sensibilities, but I also don't like 13 yo mcs who get courted by 18 yo mls who don't know their true age. These guys are weird too. I was reading a story in which a guy was stalkerly levels of obsessed with his 10 yo adopted sister of an mc. He literally asked to marry her during her first period. He doesn't know she's actually older. To him, she's just a particular precocious pre-pubescent girl that he's oggling and slobbering all over. And don't let me get started on all the times a transmigration story has let to some sort of romantic cross in species and even phylogenetic kingdom. So, yeah, over here in the shoujo/josei/bl corner, reincarnation is slightly better most of the time.

4. Khaos-Thanathan

Khaos-Thanathan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't it basically the same in most cases?

I'm fine with both because of that.

What I rather dislike though is "real reincarnation", because I'm not really fond of super OP, super knowledgeable superhuman-genius-baby-toddler-thingy. It's just utterly unrealistic, unauthentic and goofy.

5. bkwusa

bkwusa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I might note that I prefer Regression novels... Reincarnation you always move forward in time. regression you move backwards in time. As such most books that mark themselves as Reincarnation are actually Regressions...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.