LCD Release that Witch

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Dusk, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Alex Crimson

Alex Crimson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No idea how anyone can call RTW amateur. Go read crap like Martial God Asura or Emperor's Domination before you ever question the quality of RTW. Sure it has some tropes, and Roland has pulled some serious deus ex machina, but overall its still a well written novel.

Sinai, Ishmael, justmehere and 2 others like this.
  2. VinnyOni1

VinnyOni1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll admit though, it has dropped off as of late. Just on Roland's interactions. Everything else is still top notch in my book.

Edit: I think the author is trying to revamp Roland's character (honestly Roland was good as he was).

Side note: I think I figured out why Roland wasn't affected by the dream world like Zero was. Remember Zero had memories of people who gave in to her, so the memories and experiences all were directly absorbed by her. For Roland he has to read about it.

It's like the difference between fighting in a war and reading a book about a war. Fighting in it will have more impact on you.

3. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    My life is so much better with the ignor button when I click an icon. One such individual is
    Zhawarudo.
    Come join me and ignore people that just don’t get it.

4. dave186

dave186 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What?
    Nanii?
    ¿Que?
    :blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy:

5. Bugis-san

Bugis-san Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So this story is a hentai afterall.
    You know the plot thickens when there are tentacles.

6. Alex Crimson

Reading List:
    Link
    This feels like a really silly side story. Why did she even bother pretending to be a slave? Rather than hook up with the ambassador of Greyscale, she couldve just made her way there with her own power. She is obviously very strong.

7. Sleepy Deer

Sleepy Deer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Part of the known goal of the mysterious people is to push the witches toward the Kingdom of Graycastle and I guess that this is just the best way they see fit to push them there. Imagine, if they did not have her watching over them, then potentially they could have been caught or some the witches might be sacrificed.

8. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well,

Im guessing by blending in with the underground network, she could get more information. As for coming with the ambassador, shes just playing along to keep her cover intact... I guess...

VinnyOni1 likes this.
  9. dave186

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't she one of the guards that the 'oracle' promised?
    I think that she was still normal untill when Yorko asked for her, then one of the withches in the montain was kind of 'transplanted' into the original n76 taking the chance to close to Greycastle.
    Well thats what i think happened taking in count the female god punishement soldier talk, but as I made see in my previous post I was quite confused so who knows? just have to wait for a follow up of the matter

10. Alex Crimson

Reading List:
    Link
    True. They did want witches to go to Greyscale. Still makes me wonder why this probably high-ranking witch of the old order is willingly "serving" a lowly man just for the sake of her cover, when she could just follow them.

11. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    This way she is already in the inner circle (by being near the ambassador). She has no way of knowing the ambassador actually doesn't have the king's ear and has no real power in Graycastle. Since she is friends with the other witches on the journey she will also have access to the witches of the association once they join. With a lot less suspicion than if she had come by herself. We've had men stoop down to being janitors and scrubbing toilets to maintain a cover, I doubt her resolve is any less than them.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  12. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Great, another ignoramus has taken the "bait". The author is an amateur because he lacks in his writting skill, I read plenty of fanfics whose authors have a better writting style and depth and they're not even making money of it. Anyone can publish a novel, and this is what happens, that's why there are hundreds of thousands of them of which you haven't heard of, nor will. Chinese just have hellova lower standards and that's why Release That Witch is presumably succesfull. If he released that on amazon where it would be rated on goodreads, he would not be able to make a living of it, it would probably earn him the equivalent of a part time job. The best of NU? Pft hardly, even NU has better works regarded as the best. It is certainly above average here, but just because it has interesting premise, doesn't mean everyone will ignore it's flaws like you. I'm reading it, but there are plenty of Nuffians who dropped it and regard it as overrated. I don't know if you're just a teen who hasn't read much or whatever, read this triggerk review https://www.novelupdates.com/series/release-that-witch/#comment-29969 and think about why a 2/5 stars review has 268 likes on one of the NU's "best". I ain't ever seen a review here get so much likes btw.

13. dave186

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the ignoramus is another one here, the amateur word is not refering to people that do a mediocre work but those that do it in a non-professional manner and at least in my knowledge there is no licence nor academic title requiered to be a writer, as long as one is paid for his writing and do so for a certain amount of time is enough to call that person a pro writer even if his work is not the best.
    I say RTW is betwen the best of NU not because I think that, but because NU think like so, RTW is curetly first in the series ranking and have a 4.7 rating thats what say RTW is one of the best works in NU, If you say thats is overrating then you are just contradicting youself as people is actively chosing to give it their support, you are just saying that the work is overrated based in your personal standards and that some people out there that share your opinion too bad none of these have any real importance, likewise I find DragonBall and various DC works overrated yet I would only get a beating if I were to star preaching about it. You say that plenty of nuffians dropped it can you be any more obvious? I really dont understand how you expect that this should have a universal acceptation to regard it as good, there is absolutely no such thing no matter where you look because everyone have diferent interest, just reciently we were having a long and extended discusion about how much people will drop it if there was no harem and how much more will drop if there is.

PS. I have also seen the review, you take it out in another similar previous talk when you were unable to beat my arguments and by the way if you are cuestionig my opinion just because I dont support your opinion to the extent of calling my a uncultured teen then you must be the type of people that relief yourself thinking about your itelectual supperiority just based in the content of your readings? too bad you are wrong, my reading historial include Kafka, Nietzsche, Platon and others that you probably dont even know the name jet none of that have anything to do with this

Sinai likes this.
  14. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    Making money from something doesn't stop you from being amateur, it's not a so closely binding term. Ofc some people have dropped RTW, but I'm saying a lot of them did, not just the regular bunch(mostly veterans who figured out which novels are good here and which are generic). I don't remember losing any arguements to you or anyone on RTW, and don't see any wrong in linking that review which explains things better than I do. Sorry that I didn't study literature in college and read boring classics. I appreciate them for uplifting the following generations but that's it, most of them are simply outdated and boring. So even if you were to brag about being more cultured than me, it wouldn't mean a shit to me. Fuck me if some teen's (who just got into reading web novels, can barely speak English and like the sort of loser turned alpha wet dream novels) opinion is more valuable than dirt, and there are a lot of teens here, hence 4.7.

15. dave186

Reading List:
    Link
    Making money of something dont make someone a professional but having the job for years does, even more if said work is being recognised and rewarded by the main clients of said profession, if you are unable to undertand that I advise you to go buy a dictionary.
    About the winning or losing I will not say anything, but let me advise you again, you better think two times before talking or else instead of some teen's you just end dirting your own opinion. I dont mentioned clasics to brag about my studies because I dont care about that but because at all ligths are you the one that care about what is in the reading list saying that you and any veterand will know where the true quality lay meanwhile I and other teen only into this novel because of the tits count, yet if I say that I am one of these 'veterans' you will then say that I am into old and boring stuff instead. Are you understanding that you are just fucking yourself? Well then let my say it again, I am one of these veteran and I say that RTW is good, maybe not good enough to be first in the ranking but is far ahead of the average, with room to spare. What about it?

16. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO: have a nice day

17. SleepingPIG

SleepingPIG Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    uhhmmm........can anyone spoil me about the relationship of graycastle and dawn. Does roland attack the kingdom?

18. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    lol Celine

Side note: Given the recent information we have about what the chosen one has to do I think either Anna or Tilly would be suited for the job.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  19. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why cant it be roland?

With all the complicated stuff on it, roland might be the only one who could figure it out. In any case, he has zero power now (more or less)

20. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion Tilly and Anna are smarter than Roland. Roland had about 16 years of education to reach his current level, Anna has already caught up in some aspects and Tilly is quickly closing the gap. So given new information I think they would solve it quicker than Roland. Even Roland has said Anna far outstrips him and that Tilly deductive prowess was sky-high.

Edit: As far as I know Zero power doesn't make him smarter, just gives him perfect recall.