Spoiler Remarried Empress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by midnight reader, Jun 9, 2019.

1. orichan

orichan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 115 thoughts
    Am I the only one who is touched by just how openly Navier and Heinley talk to each other? Heinley just went and looked at her note book without asking, glanced at it, looked thoughtful (he knew those in the bad list already), and then casually ask Navier what's up, and she openly explained what she did.

It was so different from what Navier did with the Emperor. They were always mutually guessing, and they kept guessing wrong.

2. Alessa

Alessa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The shared bedroom helps :blobsmirk:

Remember the eastern empire palace layout? The emperor is in the east and the empress is in the west. They are placed so far apart, both are too prideful to confide to each other, and even if they are childhood friend there are not enough trust between them to act like a real couple. Navier expected no love from Sovieshu (because she was told beforehand that an emperor always take concubine), Sovieshu expected too much from Navier without regard of her dignity or her point of view (he never listen). So it's no surprise their relationship is as dry as the Sahara.

With Heinley, it was always clear that he likes her and he wanted her. He was direct, and he was honest (except the part about his war plan). Navier might not believe his love now, but Navier can trust him that he will protect the baby and he can control the nobility as their ruler.

3. Chronos5884

Chronos5884 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it that they share a bedroom/room officially, or is it a bedroom in between their rooms? I can't remember. I thought their bedrooms had a room in between them. Each bedroom had a door that lead to the bedroom between their actual rooms for uh... sexy fun times.... and it just so happened they like to spend their time in there quite often. Did I remember wrong?

Ariawolfgar, djan29 and bigredqueen like this.
  4. Pamtiur

Pamtiur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think someone mentioned that they share the same room

djan29 likes this.
  5. Ocefossa

Ocefossa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's more like old world nobility in terms of the 'married couple rooms' set up

(*more like old Victorian Europe (West) vs imperial China/Japan/Asia with its inner palaces and concubine system, and how Sovieshu treated Navier as property (East))

Navier and Heinley have separate rooms, however they are placed beside each other with only a door between them.

That was the room Heinley retreated to last chapter.

The thinking/culture of the time setting this story is based off of (*correct me if I'm wrong) is that males and females have their own separate spheres of influence. Each are strictly their private spaces the other is not allowed to enter (like the office, billiard rooms, and gentleman's club...etc). The lady has her own reception room, office and tea room that she can retreat too. Her sphere/space is where he social networking and political battles happen.

Especially since she is essentially the CEO of the house and property and must also deal with the "below stairs" matters, aka the servants and hired help, on top of social engagements.

Good old pre-WWI imperial age earth and the Victorians. Only instead of the industrial revolution, this book has magic as a substitute (*like the movies Frozen and Claus?)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  6. Alessa

Alessa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I meant :blobnosebleed: the emperor and empress had separate apartment on the same building, each with a private door to their shared private chamber located between the two apartments. Though I'd rather called it the baby-making room with a magical-baby-making bed :blobcozy:

LynnLynn, avlirea, syofiaa and 4 others like this.
  7. orichan

Reading List:
    Link
    Heinley went one step beyond that. He sets expectations up front. He tells her right after their marriage that a queen isn't just a political partner for him. He is open with his feelings, he laughs when he is happy and cries when he is sad, Navier never really have to guess how he is feeling since he wears his feelings on his sleeves in front of her.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  8. Marinette

Marinette Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I just read the latest translated chapter and now all i need to do is sit back and watch:

- Sovieshu's kingdom which was once in power at the start of story, slowly reach rock bottom failure.
    - Heinley's kingdom slowly become an empire reaching his happy ending with Navier and his lovely children.

There's no stopping the consequences...
    And just like the others said Stupidshu's actions are coming back at him many times worst for every " consent" and liberty he gave.

I also read just read Trashta's thoughts about the divorce..
    "Navier is greedy and snobbish", well I guess for someone(Trashta) that has no idea of how to even be aware of how people see her ahem... Inadequate conducts... , proper etiquette and common good manners are seen as nobles being snobbish.

Also Trasha:
    spend billions that aren't even her money for her wedding. To be honest, I think Trashta is by nature hates people that has what she wants or want to be.
    I still can't regain any sympathy towards her... Even if she was created to be hated and has justifyng backgrounds for her psychoness & selfishness but, yeah that still can't move my heart to sympathize her.

my point is she has background that influenced her but in the end most of Trashta horrying methods and actions (Harass a defenseless bird, ordering a girl enslavement, flirting thus noblewomen kept their distance, lying,.. ) was decided by herself. She initiated and did them with intent. She might have had terrible backgrounds and bad influences but those doesn't excuse crimes.
    Take a thief that steal money from the bank and shot a guard. We discover he has abusive parents, lives in poverty and befriended people that incite violent and delinquish conduct. Okay horrible and sad bg but that doesn't change the fact that a man died thus it's a crime and there are consequences.

Everyone in this novel has flaws, but that doesn't make "terrible decision undeserved".
    At least for me it's like that.
    Example:
    -. Trashta give a strategic territory to Edgy =
    The empire now cannot fully protect itself.
    - she paid others debts and spend a enormous amount of money on her wedding = the empire is not as rich than before. There's risk of a crisis.
    - She hurt a bird with intent = now people don't trust her mental condition and said bird cower in fear when she's around.

These are consequences it's not a matter of she /they deserved it or she/they didn't mean any of it. So i really can't excuse the aftermath of her terrible decisions as something that wasn't anyone fault or something that "she didn't deserve".

It's true everyone are flawed and its a human thing to use drastic measures but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. Ofc this is an opinion comment. I can't sympathize with her for that. If you think otherwise, good. Cause I ain't asking anyone to think the same
    Lastly after that sort of personal rant, I think it's useless crying and saying "ifs", the actions are done and all is left facing the results. Result that are simply the aftermath of the waves echoed by each person's actions.

If Stupidshu has lots of troubles well there's a reasons. If N&H has a happy ending there's a reasons. And its actions. Some external influence might have guided, forced them to those actions but in the end those opened up paths, scenarios changes that they can only face ....

Btw the number of types I did kinda saved Trashta in my keyboard. Even when i write Rashta

_vouzmevoyez_, BUTT, Th.ay and 12 others like this.
  9. lambaabaa

lambaabaa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so happy that Navier can take a breather from Rashta since she's now happy with Heinley and she's pregnant. It's unfortunate that it took Sovieshu so long to realize how much Navier was contributed and held up his country. You can't just have an Empress just to be a wife, you also need a partner to run a country or else you end up in shambles like with marrying Rashta for example.

Choedup1, Marinette, Lisaa and 3 others like this.
  10. Justwondering

Justwondering New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After spoilers I've read, yes, Sovieshu did the unforgivable and Navier now is perfectly doing well with her new life next to Heinly and their baby.
    But i'm wondering if all this story could be depicting a catharsis more precisely, Sovieshu's. He also admitted he loves Navier, even if it was too late given his relationship with Rashta - and the rest (not the least). He clearly is the "Emperor of the fools" though...
    And so what if, regarding the issue of the war about to coming between both empires, Heinly passes away leaving Navier as a widow ; that Sovieshu is given the chance (if he got rid of Rashta somehow) to reconquer everything, from the beginning his own empire and then, perhaps Navier's heart ?

I think this novel is wonderful in its way of purchasing every inch and different senses of "nobility" through all the characters : Navier with her poised mind and education ; Heinly with his genuine feelings ; Rashta who's craving to get to Navier's ankle or widerly to ladies's from aristocracy (may I say utterly in vain) ; and even Sovieshu who's supposed to embody Nobility itself (due to his status of Emperor) and fails, turning him into a poor and desperate puppet, unable to realize what was in front of him all this long, as a miserable prisoner of "circumstances".
    It'd be greatful to know what you might be thinking about such a scenario.

Darcy and MiserableSOUL like this.
  11. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if the author wants too kill of there career they could do that ending. Game of thrones style

Ariawolfgar likes this.
  12. Justwondering

Justwondering New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it occured to me like it was a bit written as a Greek tragedy ; besides with this series as an example, what should be said ^^

avlirea likes this.
  13. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But thats not really greek tragedy . Henley dying and Navier going back to the dude who made her life hell would be full on ntr type stuff and I would question what the author was smoking. People wold be rioting.

avlirea, Alessa and Kygnis like this.
  14. Skychild

Skychild Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hello, I read an article that confirms that the novel is finished with 325 episodes and that in addition to having the webtoon, it will have an adaptation to drama.

avlirea, dstevenjoan, Darcy and 2 others like this.
  15. orichan

Reading List:
    Link
    I would really question the author's sanity if she ever try to pull something like that.

I think one of the best traits that I love about the Empress is how she doesn't look back, she looks forward and make a path for herself instead of relying on past connections.

Even if Heinley dies before her, she will still be the empress dowager given she has a son. It's not the same situation as in the Eastern empire where she was striped of her title. She will still be responsible for the people in the Norther empire.

She reminds me of the heroine in this drama called The Story of Ming Lan, who was together with a young duke initially, but he jilted her and she ended up marrying a powerful marquise instead, even when that duke went to her and begged her to reconsider. She said: In life one must always look froward.

16. Akesato

Akesato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard about drama too but I don’t know the dates. The novel also adapted to visual novel for phones (I think). Remarried Empress is super popular UwU

djan29 and Skychild like this.
  17. claramatsudaira

claramatsudaira New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't catch up yet but can someone give me a spoiler if Rasta's baby is not Sovieshu's?? if its not then is it means that Rasta was pregnant before meet Sovieshu or she cheated on him while became the concubine??

And also, is it confirmed that Navier is pregnanat?? because the last time i know is she has morning sickness but not the confirmed pregnancy, but some people said its confirmed already

Thankyou in advance

18. McKenna

McKenna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't remember the exact episode but Rashta's baby isn't Sovieshu's. She's already pregnant when he met her. Apparently the father is Alan, her former master's son. Also the father of her first baby.

In episode 155 it was confirmed that she's pregnant. But she wants it to be a secret except to just a few trusted people as she doesn't want the baby to be harmed. Christa's people are still plotting against her.

avlirea, worldtraveller and rock.doll like this.
  19. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, her brother is pretending to be weak? Why?

Sorry, it's probably in the previous pages but it's hard to back track for specific spoilers since there's lots of discussions in between. I'm not against discussing the story in spoiler threads, but it's kinda hard to comb through 50+ pages..

djan29 likes this.
  20. Akesato

Akesato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was when Mastas met him. He was beating up bandits and she challenged him to a duel. He was so overwhelmed that he might hurt his precious sister’s lady-in-waiting that he missed a blow... to his head. Then when he woke up, Mastas apologized to him and he just smiled charmingly and said it’s okay and she got swooned: “he’s weak because he is hot”. Her logic is perfect I wish Navier and Heinley will make the ship happen.